THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why is it that Steeler people cannot spell Joe Haden's name correctly?

:lol:  ....oh nevermind what I was thinking.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That was the PacMan talking, spelling was never his strong suit...  Time to hang 'em up Pac. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, The Gipper said:

When it came to this game, it was more about how badly the Jags played in critical time than how good the Steelers played. 

Jags need a new QB pretty badly.

Yeah,  just like it wasn't how the well the browns played in that comeback win against the Jets in the second half....it was more about how the Jets played poorly.

The Jags played bad in a critical time because the Steeler D stepped it up and made them look bad.

They shut down Jax running game in the second half... and those two crushing back to back sacks by the Steeler D were huge.

Going back to your "being lucky" rhetoric...You can probably come up with a number of NFL games on any given Sunday and deduce how the winner was "lucky" and how the loser was "unlucky"...and it would still remain inconsequential.

...except if it's the Steelers we're talking about...because seeing them win causes you much pain, and your consolation is to point out how lucky they were.  Am I off base here?

37 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Yeah,  just like it wasn't how the well the browns played in that comeback win against the Jets in the second half....it was more about how the Jets played poorly.

As I said before.....it was a combination of both.

The Jags played bad in a critical time because the Steeler D stepped it up and made them look bad.

Do you really think that Blake Bortles cannot look bad all on his own?

They shut down Jax running game in the second half... and those two crushing back to back sacks by the Steeler D were huge.

Like I said......Jags poor execution and play selection gave the Steelers opportunities.  Thanks for providing me with examples of that.

Going back to your "being lucky" rhetoric...You can probably come up with a number of NFL games on any given Sunday and deduce how the winner was "lucky" and how the loser was "unlucky"...and it would still remain inconsequential.

Yes, I probably could, because it likely happens every Sunday. And sure, it is inconsequential because the outcomes certainly won't change.  Who says otherwise?  That doesn't mean one does not recognize things.

...except if it's the Steelers we're talking about...because seeing them win causes you much pain, and your consolation is to point out how lucky they were.  Am I off base here?

Yes, completely, as usual.  The Steelers got lucky because the Jags played piss poorly in crunch time. But don't feel bad, it is not just the Jags that do it and the Steelers that take advantage of it.   We already talked about how the same thing happened when the Pats played the Falcons, and when the Jags played the Pats.  Choke jobs happen in all kinds of situations.   And it doesn't just have to be what you consider to be a "good" team that takes advantage.  For a long while this year, the Raiders only win was because the Browns did a major choke job and the Raiders took advantage of it.   Teams DO open cracks and other teams often step through those cracks.  The Steelers almost opened up a crack just like that earlier this year when they blew a 21-7 lead against the Browns. If not for a  Browns wobbly FG kicker, that game could have gone completely tits up for you....just as this game went tits up for the Jags. 

(I am sure that you have seen the Steelers play other games which they have blown when it seemed like they should have salted the game away...Say hello to Tim Tebow for us)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

As I said before.....it was a combination of both.

Do you really think that Blake Bortles cannot look bad all on his own?

Like I said......Jags poor execution and play selection gave the Steelers opportunities.  Thanks for providing me with examples of that.

Yes, I probably could, because it likely happens every Sunday. And sure, it is inconsequential because the outcomes certainly won't change.  Who says otherwise?  That doesn't mean one does not recognize things.

Yes, completely, as usual.  The Steelers got lucky because the Jags played piss poorly in crunch time. But don't feel bad, it is not just the Jags that do it and the Steelers that take advantage of it.   We already talked about how the same thing happened when the Pats played the Falcons, and when the Jags played the Pats.  Choke jobs happen in all kinds of situations.   And it doesn't just have to be what you consider to be a "good" team that takes advantage.  For a long while this year, the Raiders only win was because the Browns did a major choke job and the Raiders took advantage of it.   Teams DO open cracks and other teams often step through those cracks.  The Steelers almost opened up a crack just like that earlier this year when they blew a 21-7 lead against the Browns. If not for a  Browns wobbly FG kicker, that game could have gone completely tits up for you....just as this game went tits up for the Jags. 

(I am sure that you have seen the Steelers play other games which they have blown when it seemed like they should have salted the game away...Say hello to Tim Tebow for us)

And as I said earlier- that game could have essentially been over by halftime, if the Jags had taken advantage of those Steeler turnovers, and scored touchdowns and not field goals. That, and Bortles sucked.   Partial blame to his sucky offensive line.  

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Because we are fúcking stupid.  Damn!  I had figured dat U was smart enough to know dat, but what da fúck do I know anyways?

Haden came to Pittsburgh to help the Retarded children, which is all of us.  He is very busy.  He has not gotten to help me yet, but I'm in line and on the list.

10 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

Because we are fúcking stupid.  Damn!  I had figured dat U was smart enough to know dat, but what da fúck do I know anyways?

Haden came to Pittsburgh to help the Retarded children, which is all of us.  He is very busy.  He has not gotten to help me yet, but I'm in line and on the list.

Problem is you make a joke yet your joke is oh so true 

Archived