THE BROWNS BOARD

Alleged Sodom site thought to have been hit by cosmic blast:

OldBrownsFan

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No hand waving will absolve anyone of sin. The forgiveness for sin for a believer is to come to the Lord in repentance (repentance means an about face - a turning away from sin) and He alone forgives us. I believe one day you will be on the team and the Lord will use you to make His church a better one. It will start when you take your eyes off of flawed human beings and turn to the Lord (the only perfect one) and He will show you what this real faith is about. 

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if I were to pick up faith, it wouldn’t be Christianity. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

way too ignorant, that last post is.https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1591-can-i-still-be-saved-if-ive-sinned-deliberately

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. (Heb. 10:26-27 ESV).

Well I can see you have never read your bible. What a non surprise. The verse are cherry picking is saying once someone knows about Jesus that will go to hell if they do not believe and repent. Your ignorance of your own religion is sad. Everyone is going continue to sin after knowing about Jesus (people are garbage per the bible), so the idea you are trying to pass here, would doom everyone. 

The Epistle to the Hebrews book is pretty great, they make a great point that Jesus's blood is worth so much more than a goats or bulls. The magic in human blood sacrifice was needed to really "take away sins". 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

for my money, listening to men like terrence mckenna is listening to someone who has at least partially bridged the gap between here and there. Im not saying its listening to a savior, its listening to a man who has ventured outside the human condition and seen a "snippet" of who we really are and what we really belong to. 

For all u free thinkers here, u know who u are....give his youtube videos a listen. And rem, ur not listening to some "guru" or some other pretentious messianic kunt who says "its my way or eternal damnation". Its like if u listened to magellan or someone like that relating what he saw during his explorations.....he's just relating to.people what "he" was shown by the universe. 

Melting your brain with hallucinogens will definitely make you believe that you have journeyed to alternate dimensions.

17 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Well I can see you have never read your bible. What a non surprise. The verse are cherry picking is saying once someone knows about Jesus that will go to hell if they do not believe and repent. Your ignorance of your own religion is sad. Everyone is going continue to sin after knowing about Jesus (people are garbage per the bible), so the idea you are trying to pass here, would doom everyone. 

The Epistle to the Hebrews book is pretty great, they make a great point that Jesus's blood is worth so much more than a goats or bulls. The magic in human blood sacrifice was needed to really "take away sins". 

I countered your cherry pick with a cherry pick. Naturally, higgardlybeastwannabe - you complain.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Do you just ignore all three words or just ignore "not"? Again works are NOT required. Just believe and repent. This is not complicated. Sorry that the religion your were born into has no personal responsibility. Children rapists or nun, both get to go to heaven, no matter what they did in this life.

It is one of the foundation of Protestantism Sola Fide - "The belief that believers are justified, or pardoned for sin, solely on condition of faith in Christ rather than a combination of faith and good works. " But continue to make up whatever rules/idea that you want, it is what Christians good well.

I don't follow Protestantism Sola Fide.. I follow the bible which is clear we are saved by faith and faith alone. If Protestant Sola Fide believes that than I'm good with it. I don't follow doctrines I follow the bible and like the Bereans I search out the scriptures for the truth. I have enough faith in God to believe there won't be anyone in heaven who doesn't belong there.

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I didn't make up your religion I know a lot about it.

so does satan, I'm sure. Harping about the Old Testament and ignoring the New Testament doesn't make you look intelligent.

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Melting your brain with hallucinogens will definitely make you believe that you have journeyed to alternate dimensions.

some of the most intelligent and thought provoking talks ive ever heard. If that mans brain was "melted", i wanna know to melt my brain. That being said, the dude tried all kibds of sht i have zero interest in. Those guys in the 60's used all kinds of synthetic chemicals i wouldnt touch even if u told me i could trip back in time and put it in marilyn monroe or greta garbos dooker. 

but in listening to him so far ive got the feeling his most profound experiences were with psilocybin and ayahausca. Those are natural substances shamans have been using for millennia

12 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This hand waving that absolves sh-it heels of their behavior is another reason why I couldn’t join the team.

I think he means you have to have genuine faith, not a fake faith.  Kind of like my next door neighbor when I was a kid.  She would call the police on use for hitting a wiffle ball on her lawn.  Okay, we did send up some bottle rockets one time and almost caught her garage on fire.  But she was the meanest old bitch you could imagine.  But on Sunday, she would dress up with her hat and veil and walk to St. Bridgets and be clean of sin once again.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

some of the most intelligent and thought provoking talks ive ever heard. If that mans brain was "melted", i wanna know to melt my brain. That being said, the dude tried all kibds of sht i have zero interest in. Those guys in the 60's used all kinds of synthetic chemicals i wouldnt touch even if u told me i could trip back in time and put it in marilyn monroe or greta garbos dooker. 

but in listening to him so far ive got the feeling his most profound experiences were with psilocybin and ayahausca. Those are natural substances shamans have been using for millennia

Image result for Shaman gif

9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if I were to pick up faith, it wouldn’t be Christianity. 

I was going to ask why but then I thought of the Catholic priest sex scandals, the phony televangelists, ministers of the gospel flying around in private jet planes and living in mansions. Yes all of that is terribly wrong but they all will have to answer for it one day. Jesus said there would be many who claimed to do good things for him and followers of Him and He is going to turn them away saying He never knew them. There is no new testament scripture to justify ministers living the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Jesus said those who hurt children should be thrown in the ocean with a rock tied around them (very strong language there from the Lord).

I am a big believer in faith. My mentors were ministers from years ago who used that faith to help others, who lived modestly and didn't enrich themselves with the gospel. One  of my favorites was an English plumber God called  who had amazing miracles happen in his ministry. His ministry did receive a lot of money and he took that money and gave it to missions and he lived modestly unlike what we are seeing from many "faith" ministers today. This English plumber didn't live poor he lived modestly He had a wife and family to take care of and he lived in a modest English home. He could have been very wealthy but chose not to preferring a reward in heaven.

If you do scout out faith someday I would just ask to at least give the bible a try and read one gospel (John). And speaking as someone who has been in this "way" for many years I can tell you there are many good ministers of the gospel today and Catholic priests and they shouldn't be lumped in with the rotten apples.

25 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think he means you have to have genuine faith, not a fake faith.  Kind of like my next door neighbor when I was a kid.  She would call the police on use for hitting a wiffle ball on her lawn.  Okay, we did send up some bottle rockets one time and almost caught her garage on fire.  But she was the meanest old bitch you could imagine.  But on Sunday, she would dress up with her hat and veil and walk to St. Bridgets and be clean of sin once again.

The real Christian faith is 24/7 and not one day a week on Sunday. And if a person has more than just a religion the bible says they will bear these fruits:

Galatians 5:22 - the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness....sounds like your "Christian" neighbor had none of the above and that is the measuring stick of a Christian that really has a relationship with the Lord.

* Your mom should have given you a whooping about them bottle rockets ☺️

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The real Christian faith is 24/7 and not one day a week on Sunday. And if a person has more than just a religion the bible says they will bear these fruits:

Galatians 5:22 - the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness....sounds like your "Christian" neighbor had none of the above and that is the measuring stick of a Christian that really has a relationship with the Lord.

* Your mom should have given you a whooping about them bottle rockets ☺️

That was one of the mildest things I did as a kid.  My older brother and I were a terror.  Don't know how they put up with us.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so does satan, I'm sure. Harping about the Old Testament and ignoring the New Testament doesn't make you look intelligent.

Nothing I have said here comes from the Old Testament. I guess if you bother to read your holy book you would have know that. Culture Christians are like that though. The OT god expected you to kill goats to clean your sins. NT has the super goat and cleans everyone's sins. All you have to do is believe and repent. That is all New Testament. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If you don't believe why bother to argue in here?  Or are you just some stupid ass troll?

Well forum policeman, it isn't much different then when one right wing nuts jobs here starts a thread with an article full of biases, falsehoods, and logical fallacies. You have to call that shit out. Pushing your myths as true, when you have zero creditable evidence that it is so, is dishonest. And you have to call that shit out. No one has even answer first question I asked.

"Cosmic blast" happened 4000 years ago.OT written ~3000 years ago. So how is that "beforehand"?   

3 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Well forum policeman, it isn't much different then when one right wing nuts jobs here starts a thread with an article full of biases, falsehoods, and logical fallacies. You have to call that shit out. Pushing your myths as true, when you have zero creditable evidence that it is so, is dishonest. And you have to call that shit out. No one has even answer first question I asked.

"Cosmic blast" happened 4000 years ago.OT written ~3000 years ago. So how is that "beforehand"?   

Forum policeman?  Are you a woman?  You sure act like a bitch. 

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Forum policeman?  Are you a woman?  You sure act like a bitch. 

actually, more like one of those lizard people. Just a stupid troll. Maybe cleve or woodpecker's stoned cousin or something...

transgay roomate?

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

And what are you but a left wing demonic punk? First of all I thought your kind argued there wasn't even a Sodom and Gommorah now you are arguing about a timeline on cities you question even existed. I believe I posted earlier about how reliable was carbon dating was and we are not sure of the exact dates of Sodom and Gommorah. If you don't like the bible or it's teachings here is a clue for you...avoid it. 

I let many things go here first of all because I am a guest on the forum and If I were to get offended at normal anti Christian bias I should leave and go to a Christian forum. But you are different. Most of the criticism I receive are from people who don't have a knowledge of the bible and I can overlook alot of things said. Not you. I don't care if I get kicked off the Browns Board for saying this. You are truly demonic. This last statement of yours is about as deeply demonic as I think I have ever read:

"The OT god expected you to kill goats to clean your sins. NT has the super goat and cleans everyone's sins." 

Archived