THE BROWNS BOARD

Alleged Sodom site thought to have been hit by cosmic blast:

OldBrownsFan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And what are you but a left wing demonic punk? First of all I thought your kind argued there wasn't even a Sodom and Gommorah now you are arguing about a timeline on cities you question even existed. I believe I posted earlier about how reliable was carbon dating was and we are not sure of the exact dates of Sodom and Gommorah. If you don't like the bible or it's teachings here is a clue for you...avoid it. 

I let many things go here first of all because I am a guest on the forum and If I were to get offended at normal anti Christian bias I should leave and go to a Christian forum. But you are different. Most of the criticism I receive are from people who don't have a knowledge of the bible and I can overlook alot of things said. Not you. I don't care if I get kicked off the Browns Board for saying this. You are truly demonic. This last statement of yours is about as deeply demonic as I think I have ever read:

"The OT god expected you to kill goats to clean your sins. NT has the super goat and cleans everyone's sins." 

No, your high speed article stated that the "cosmic blast" happen 3700 years ago. So it is stupid to say the bible predicted an event that happen before the OT was written. It's real convenience for you to believe only parts of the article that fits your desired conclusion.

21 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Ah don't like what I said so you have to call names. Maybe you should tell your mommy that people are being mean to you. She will make you feel better.

Calling you a Punk was name calling. I apologize for that. Calling you demonic was not. You have some  knowledge of the bible and like it or not that brings more responsibility to you. Others may say some things that are blasphemous who may not know better. But you do (because of your knowledge of the bible) and trampling on the blood of Jesus is a real serious transgression. It is a very demonic thing to do. 

12 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Calling you a Punk was name calling. I apologize for that. Calling you demonic was not. You have some  knowledge of the bible and like it or not that brings more responsibility to you. Others may say some things that are blasphemous who may not know better. But you do (because of your knowledge of the bible) and trampling on the blood of Jesus is a real serious transgression. It is a very demonic thing to do. 

Yeah, it is the one unforgivable sin. But there you go again assertion things as if they are true. But not treating something you consider "sacred" is not demonic. I don't believe your your boogeyman either. Blasphemous, sure. You blaspheme every time you doubt that Muhammad was the one true prophet. I worry about blaspheming your god as much as you worry about blaspheming the "one true prophet" (never). Even if you myths were real, Jesus didn't sacrifice much of anything. He lost a three day weekend and was back stronger than he was before. Went from a demigod to a full 100% god. What a non sacrifice. 

The name calling thing wasn't for you, you usually act like a grown up.

17 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You blaspheme every time you don't Muhammad was the one true prophet.

truly - English isn't your primary language. You must be a hack troll from somewhere. LOL

42 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Yeah, it is the one unforgivable sin. But there you go again assertion things as if they are true. But not treating something you consider "sacred" is not demonic. I don't believe your your boogeyman either. Blasphemous, sure. You blaspheme every time you doubt that Muhammad was the one true prophet. I worry about blaspheming your god as much as you worry about blaspheming the "one true prophet" (never). Even if you myths were real, Jesus didn't sacrifice much of anything. He lost a three day weekend and was back stronger than he was before. Went from a demigod to a full 100% god. What a non sacrifice. 

The name calling thing wasn't for you, you usually act like a grown up.

I don't mock other people's faith and I don't see why you do it. I would never go out of my way to mock the Muslim faith but the criticism I have I think are valid. I believe some of the worst forms of Islamic terrorism is due to some of the open ended verses of violence in the koran which  terrorists use as justification for the killing of innocents. Muhammad married a six year old girl. I would think most people would think a grown man marrying a six year old was wrong. In Europe to say that is now a criminal offense. 

The reality is that Muslims fare pretty well in countries where Christianity is predominate. The same cannot be said about Christians in Muslim countries:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/11/asia-bibi-not-offered-uk-asylum-amid-concerns-unrest-attacks/

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You know I don't watch any of the videos you post. That you waste your life watching them is pretty funny, in a sad empty life way.

you don't learn anything from anything. Your grammar is worse than sixth grade in a madrassa, woodpeCCCker.

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't mock other people's faith and I don't see why you do it. I would never go out of my way to mock the Muslim faith but the criticism I have I think are valid. I believe some of the worst forms of Islamic terrorism is due to some of the open ended verses of violence in the koran which  terrorists use as justification for the killing of innocents. Muhammad married a six year old girl. I would think most people would think a grown man marrying a six year old was wrong. In Europe to say that is now a criminal offense. 

The reality is that Muslims fare pretty well in countries where Christianity is predominate. The same cannot be said about Christians in Muslim countries:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/11/asia-bibi-not-offered-uk-asylum-amid-concerns-unrest-attacks/

This knee jerk reaction that you have to people mocking your religion is not an accident. You have been taught to react this way. Yes marrying a six year old is bad, but I don't care to be steer to another direction. People can make their holy book mean whatever they want them to mean. I agree with you. But explain to me what great sacrifice Jesus gave? What did he lose? Is he more than he was before the crucifixion or less?

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you don't learn anything from anything. Your grammar is worse than sixth grade in a madrassa, woodpeCCCker.

Well at least I don't act like a 6th grader. If all you have is grammar smack, you have nothing. Post another video or meme, that seems to be the only tool in your toolbox.

The oldest book in the bible is believed to be Job. Job was a righteous man who did his best to live right yet when he lay dying he said he knew he was not right with God and he also knew that no matter how hard he tried to live right he would never be right in God's sight. He said he needed a mediator, one who had standing with God and could also relate to flawed human beings. This needed mediator is really what the bible is all about. Jesus is the one who had that standing and could bridge the gap between flawed human beings and God. 

In Genesis there is the first promise of that mediator and later on the promises would be more specific. Ironically the bible states the very mediator the Jews were desiring would come and they would not recognize Him and reject Him (ISA 53). Jesus was crucified as predicted in the bible. He died a terrible death on the cross and it was all for those who would put their trust in Him. 

One of the biggest clues I think in the bible that there really was something to His resurrection is to look at the disciples and how they acted before the resurrection and when He died on the cross. They didn't understand what He was doing dying on a cross and they were fearful and went into hiding. After the resurrection they witnessed something that changed all that to where they all became bold in proclaiming the resurrection and all of them were willing to give up their lives to proclaim what they had witnessed. There can be no other explanation except they were eye witnesses to Christ who rose from the dead. 

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The oldest book in the bible is believed to be Job. Job was a righteous man who did his best to live right yet when he lay dying he said he knew he was not right with God and he also knew that no matter how hard he tried to live right he would never be right in God's sight. He said he needed a mediator, one who had standing with God and could also relate to flawed human beings. This needed mediator is really what the bible is all about. Jesus is the one who had that standing and could bridge the gap between flawed human beings and God. 

In Genesis there is the first promise of that mediator and later on the promises would be more specific. Ironically the bible states the very mediator the Jews were desiring would come and they would not recognize Him and reject Him (ISA 53). Jesus was crucified as predicted in the bible. He died a terrible death on the cross and it was all for those who would put their trust in Him. 

One of the biggest clues I think in the bible that there really was something to His resurrection is to look at the disciples and how they acted before the resurrection and when He died on the cross. They didn't understand what He was doing dying on a cross and they were fearful and went into hiding. After the resurrection they witnessed something that changed all that to where they all became bold in proclaiming the resurrection and all of them were willing to give up their lives to proclaim what they had witnessed. There can be no other explanation except they were eye witnesses to Christ who rose from the dead. 

All that and you still haven't answered the question. What did Jesus sacrifice? 

The OT does not predicted the Messiah would be crucified. He was supposed rule Israel and the rest of the world. But please post the verse that says it, we just went over how people twist verses to mean whatever they want them to mean. (isaiah-53 is what you are going to come back with, make sure to read the surrounding verses)

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

All that and you still haven't answered the question. What did Jesus sacrifice? 

The OT does not predicted the Messiah would be crucified. He was supposed rule Israel and the rest of the world. But please post the verse that says it, we just went over how people twist verses to mean whatever they want them to mean. (isaiah-53 is what you are going to come back with, make sure to read the surrounding verses)

Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion about as well as the gospel account...this psalm written hundreds of years before:

Psalm 22 King James Version (KJV)

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion about as well as the gospel account...this psalm written hundreds of years before:

Psalm 22 King James Version (KJV)

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Did you just post the first result from your Google search. Palms is a bunch of poems. This verse has zero to do with the Messiah, zero. It's basically someone asking god to save them. Who do you think is speaking here? 

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

Did you just post the first result from your Google search. Palms is a bunch of poems. This verse has zero to do with the Messiah, zero. It's basically someone asking god to save them. Who do you think is speaking here? 

It's prophetic and describes the crucifixion..here is another...:

Zechariah 12:10 English Standard Version (ESV)

Him Whom They Have Pierced

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

41 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It's prophetic and describes the crucifixion..here is another...:

Zechariah 12:10 English Standard Version (ESV)

Him Whom They Have Pierced

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

No, you don't get to skip to the next bullshit verse, as if the one you posted is somehow proof of anything. Show me where in this verse it is talking about the Messiah? Your whole post is nothing but a poem asking god to help. Do you think the Messiah is suppose to be speaking?

"Our fathers" , "But I am a worm, and no man" - Do you think Jesus would say this?

Where do you even get it is about the crucifixion? Is it "Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns." Hey I didn't know Jesus was eaten by a lion. I must of missed that book in the NT.

Old you understand that Jesus wasn't the only person crucified right? It was a really popular way to killed people at the time. So talking about a crucifixion doesn't mean it is talking about the super duper blood sacrifice crucifixion. It would be no different then talking about a car accident and then someone dying in a car accident.

Where is the predictions?

45 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

No, you don't get to skip to the next bullshit verse, as if the one you posted is somehow proof of anything. Show me where in this verse it is talking about the Messiah? Your whole post is nothing but a poem asking god to help. Do you think the Messiah is suppose to be speaking?

"Our fathers" , "But I am a worm, and no man" - Do you think Jesus would say this?

Where do you even get it is about the crucifixion? Is it "Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns." Hey I didn't know Jesus was eaten by a lion. I must of missed that book in the NT.

Old you understand that Jesus wasn't the only person crucified right? It was a really popular way to killed people at the time. So talking about a crucifixion doesn't mean it is talking about the super duper blood sacrifice crucifixion. It would be no different then talking about a car accident and then someone dying in a car accident.

Where is the predictions?

Done. I'm not wasting any more time on you.

15 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

cccjwh is just a troll - his??? arguments are worse than extremely ignorant. it's woodpeCCCker but far more offensive for no reason.

44 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Yeah, of course you aren't. It's really hard to justify your "Prophecies" when Nostradamus was less vague with his predictions. But you sure were right about "some of the open ended verses", the faithful can make any verse mean what they want it to mean.  

Still not going to explain what Jesus scarified? The answer is pretty easy, he scarified three days and some torture. His pain compare to many others of his time wasn't much. Someone with Rheumatoid arthritis suffer far worse and longer. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

cccjwh is just a troll - his??? arguments are worse than extremely ignorant. it's woodpeCCCker but far more offensive for no reason.

I put him on ignore.  It's obvious he is a troll.  He has never posted once about Football.  I think he is that guy who was in leavenworth and had the sex change at Obama's expense.  Then was pardoned.

28 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I put him on ignore.  It's obvious he is a troll.  He has never posted once about Football.  I think he is that guy who was in leavenworth and had the sex change at Obama's expense.  Then was pardoned.

If your beliefs can't handle criticism, run and hide away from it. Stay in your nice safe bubble, with your nice safe pro-CJ "news" sources, and your high speed facebook memes. 

The man who cannot endure to have his errors and shortcomings brought to the surface and made known, but tries to hide them, is unfit to walk the highway of truth. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

just a punk. transhuman? It could be woody on psychedelic mushrooms or something.

Archived