THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 14 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULE, and conference championship week.

mjp28

WEEK 14 - First another different ranking while waiting for the playoff rankings, straight outta' Vegas:  ;)

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

The 2018 college football season is about to enter championship weekend, when some of the best teams in the country will make one last case for the College Football Playoff.

This week’s College Football Playoff rankings are important because they will tell us how the committee viewed Ohio State’s win over Michigan (the Buckeyes could jump Oklahoma), LSU’s nonsensical loss to Texas A&M and Washington State’s résumé, which now includes two losses.

We’re comparing the AP Top 25 Poll, Coaches Poll, CFP rankings and our Vegas-style betting power ratings to see how each group values teams differently.

2018 College Football Rankings, Week 14

Our ratings, like S&P+ or ESPN FPI, are meant to be predictive and not based on wins and losses. That’s why you’ll see a four-loss Mississippi State so high.

We’re compiling all the rankings as they roll out on Sunday and Tuesday.

Screenshot_2018-11-26-16-13-42.png

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Overall, based on the latest Playoff Rankings, the top four teams overall, seven of the top eight and eight of the top 10 are playing in one of these conference championship games.

Championship Saturday schedule (all times Eastern) from cleveland.com.....

• No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 7 Miami, ACC championship, at Charlotte, N.C., 8 p.m. ABC.
  • No. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 10 TCU, Big 12 championship, at Arlington, Texas, 12:30 p.m. Fox.
  • No. 3 Wisconsin vs. No. 8 Ohio State, Big Ten championship, at Indianapolis, 8 p.m. Fox.
  • No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 6 Georgia, SEC championship, at Atlanta, 4 p.m. CBS.
  • No. 12 UCF vs. No. 16 Memphis, AAC championship, Noon, ABC.
  • No. 25 Fresno State vs. Boise State, MWC championship, 7:45 p.m., ESPN.

What fucking year was this taken from you have number three Wisconsin versus number eight Ohio State. What?

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What fucking year was this taken from you have number three Wisconsin versus number eight Ohio State. What?

Geeezzzz I always put my searches like this.....sometimes in a hurry (or lazy) don't proof read.:blush:

2018 week 14 ncaa football tv schedule <---- sheesh, but the new one will be even better, from 2018.

As it does every year, the chatter about the College Football Playoff has dominated the headlines. But before that field of four can be set next Sunday, conference championship week needs to be played. While it isn't the kind note that will change the course of human history, something will happen this college football season that has never happened before. For the first time in history, each major conference will play a conference championship game. <---- How about that, only ND not in the extra round of elimination games.

The marquee matchup will come in the 2018 SEC Championship Game as No. 1 Alabama takes on No. 5 Georgia in a rematch of the 2018 CFP National Championship. But there are plenty of high-stakes affairs over the two-day span.

Now that we know who will play in each game, let's take a look at the complete schedule, viewing information and more. CBS Sports will have you covered on all of the important games in Week 14 with odds, picks and predictions throughout the week.

All times Eastern

Friday, Nov. 30

CONFERENCE TEAMS TIME/TV

MAC

Northern Illinois vs. Buffalo

7 p.m. on ESPN2

Pac-12

Utah vs. Washington

8 p.m. on FOX

Check out the Pac-12 Championship Game streaming live on fuboTV(Try for free).

Saturday, Dec. 1 - TV schedule made for a cold December day at 12, 4, 8....and good weekend GAMEDAY meals and snacks!  :D

CONFERENCE TEAMS TIME/TV

Big 12

Oklahoma vs. Texas

12 p.m. on ABC <---- BUCKEYES want a Texas win or bad OKL game!

Sun Belt

Louisiana-Lafayette at Appalachian State

12 p.m. on ESPN

Conference USA

Middle Tennessee at UAB

1:30 p.m. on CBSSN

AAC

UCF vs. Memphis

3:30 p.m. on ABC

SEC

Alabama vs. Georgia

4 p.m. on CBS <---- nice if GEO gets blown out

Mountain West

Fresno State at Boise State

7:45 p.m. on ESPN

Big Ten

Ohio State vs. Northwestern

8 p.m. on FOX <----  OHIO STATE nedds a big win to slide to #4, hopefully.

ACC

Clemson vs. Pittsburgh

8 p.m. on ABC

Check out the Conference USA, SEC and Big Ten Championship Games streaming live on fuboTV (Try for free).

OHIO STATE was among the biggest winners in the new AP Top 25 poll, as one would expect, following the Buckeyes' 62-39 victory over Michigan. OSU jumped four spots up to No. 6 in the new rankings after playing their best game of the season. With the College FootballPlayoff Rankings show set for Tuesday night, the upcoming week will undoubtedly focus on whether Oklahoma or Ohio State could grab the No. 4 spot on Selection Sunday. Ohio State will play No. 21 Northwestern in the Big Ten Championship Game next Saturday.

Michigan, meanwhile, dropped four spots to No. 8, allowing Georgia to move up to No. 4, which is where we expect it to land in the new CFP Rankings on Tuesday. Oklahoma rounds out the top five. LSU and Washington State, two teams tied at No. 12, both fell out of the top 10 following Week 13 losses. The Cougars fell to Washington in the Apple Cup, while LSU couldn't outlast Texas A&M in a wild seven-overtime game. Washington, one of Week 13's biggest risers, climbed back into the top 10. 

The entire AP Top 25 can be seen below with first-place votes in parenthesis ...

1. Alabama (61) 
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. UCF
8. Michigan
9. Texas
10. Washington.......

5. Oklahoma (6): The raging debate in this sport for the next week will be a question of "Oklahoma or Ohio State?" The AP voters get to be some of the first to contribute to the debate with their Sunday morning balloting. The most weighty opinions come from the members of the CFP Selection Committee. You'll have an opinion, I'll have an opinion, and then both teams will get to back up their respective arguments on the field in conference championship games against ranked opponents. 

6. Ohio State (10): You cannot overstate how impactful a number like 62 is to AP voters. The Buckeyes get enough breaks on talent and brand alone, but when anyone hangs a 60-burger on the No. 4 team in the country, it's going to draw instant and dramatic adjustments from the voters. 

7. UCF (8): It's difficult to know how, or if, the voters will change their positioning of UCF after McKenzie Milton's injury. I think it's spot in relation to Michigan will be the biggest tell, and here I'm guessing the Knights' undefeated record and the AP voters' more friendly treatment of Group of Five teams keeping UCF ahead of LSU and the Wolverines. 

8. Michigan (4): You can look at Michigan as a team that could see a big drop in the rankings based on a knee-jerk reaction to the big loss at Ohio State, but this is a two-loss team whose only defeats came on the road to top-10 teams. The Wolverines might be out of the CFP picture, but they still have a better profile than most of the top 25.   <----- True, can still end up with a choice bowl game and a 11-2 record.

Composite top 25 college football rankings - PRESEASON rankings, pretty close in most of the top 15.....just FYI

RANK TEAM TOTAL
1 Alabama 149
2 Clemson 145
3 Georgia 134 <---- ND kind of snuck in, could ND beat ALA?
4 Ohio State 127 <---- can they get in at #4?
5 Wisconsin 125 <---- d'oh
6 Washington 122
7 Oklahoma 120
8 Penn State 104
9 Auburn 102
10 Miami 96
11 Michigan State 86
12 Notre Dame 85 <----  the non P5 team that crashed the party
13 Michigan 76 <---- came close!
14 Stanford 76
15 TCU 55

The way it looks right now.......

BOWL GAMES, CHAMPIONSHIPS, EVERYTHING https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807716-college-football-playoff-standings-2018-week-14-rankings-and-bowl-projections#slide4

Dec. 29

Capital One Orange Bowl: No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Notre Dame

Goodyear Cotton Bowl: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Oklahoma

Jan. 7

National Championship: No. 1 Alabama over No. 2 Clemson                           

Another season, another fierce debate about who deserves the fourth and final spot in the College Football Playoff.

If Michigan had been able to win at Ohio State and then take care of Northwestern in the Big Ten title game, this would have been oh so simple.

Instead, we're left with five scenarios for that final spot.

(Note: We're assuming in all of these scenarios that Clemson will defeat Pittsburgh as a 26.5 favorite  in the ACC Championship Game. If the Tigers happen to lose that contest, that's one heck of an extra variable to throw into the equation.)

Scenario A: Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. None of the other games matter at that point. It would be No. 1 Clemson, No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 3 Georgia and No. 4 Alabama.

Scenario B: Alabama beats Georgia, and Oklahoma beats Texas. Even if Ohio State wins the Big Ten championship, Oklahoma would have the slightly better resume after avenging its close loss to Texas. The fact that Ohio State got destroyed by Purdueand that its wins away from home against TCU and Michigan State aren't anywhere near as impressive as they once seemedshould be enough for the Sooners to get in ahead of the Buckeyes.

Scenario C: Georgia loses, Oklahoma loses and Ohio State wins. Buckeyes get the No. 4 spot. No question about it.

Here's where it gets wild...

Scenario D: Georgia, Oklahoma and Ohio State all lose; UCF beats Memphis in the AAC championship. By golly, could the Knights actually get in?! Probably not. But if they blow out the Tigers and Georgia gets crushed by Alabama, it's at least worth having the conversation. After all, UCF is No. 8. The selection committee is at least paying a little attention to this team.

Scenario E: Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State and UCF all lose. Could three-loss Big 12 champion Texas jump into the Top Four? A season sweep of Oklahoma would be doggone tough to ignore, but so are the losses to 6-6 Oklahoma State and 5-7 Maryland.

Could Michigan get back into the conversation in Scenario E? Maybe. Most likely the fourth spot would go to an 11-2 Georgia. But this is the scenario that would make heads explode even more than the Ohio State vs. Oklahoma debate that will rage through the next few days.

Scenario C: Georgia loses, Oklahoma loses and Ohio State wins. Buckeyes get the No. 4 spot. No question about it.

How likely is this?

Also if the Bucks didn't screw up against PUR they'd be talking about a #2 or 3 seed right now.......oh well such is football in the top 25.

6 hours ago, Axe said:

I hate dealing with blinder wearing homers. Go away. default_facepalm.gif

If you had paid one damn bit of attention to the game you would know that I am right there at least three calls that went against Ohio State or that were never made that would’ve benefited Ohio State it would’ve caused that game to be over in regulation sorry maybe you don’t remember it but I certainly do because I pay attention and you apparently do not

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If you had paid one damn bit of attention to the game you would know that I am right there at least three calls that went against Ohio State or that were never made that would’ve benefited Ohio State it would’ve caused that game to be over in regulation sorry maybe you don’t remember it but I certainly do because I pay attention and you apparently do not

Unless you were listening only to Dan Fouts and his ultra bias toward Winslow I & II and 13 point favorites UM.

It must have killed him to say "and the BUCKEYES are National Champs and they did it their way...."

Oh and that one call in the end zone was a penalty......again, I've probably seen that replay 50 times and watched the game "many" times....and it's still a classic. :D

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Unless you were listening only to Dan Fouts and his ultra bias toward Winslow I & II and 13 point favorites UM.

It must have killed him to say "and the BUCKEYES are National Champs and they did it their way...."

Oh and that one call in the end zone was a penalty......again, I've probably seen that replay 50 times and watched the game "many" times....and it's still a classic. :D

There were two holding calls on OSU receivers during their last drive in regulation that should have been called, but were not.  When a defender grabs a receivers jersey and stretches it out...that is holding. 

There was one other call....can't remember it, but it should have been called and wasn't.  It has been 16 years, after all.

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

well unless there is a miracle in the acc championship game The Bucks are not in

The BUCKEYES are Rose Bowl bound with a win tonight.

1. ALA 2. CLEM 3. ND 4. OKL barring any late upsets. GO IRISH! 

2 hours ago, Axe said:

After what I saw in the Ala/Ga game I still have a hard time putting Ga outside the top four.. Would love to see a Georgia/Ohio State bowl game hookup..

I would love to see an 8 game playoff this year.

• 8 months later...
39 minutes ago, Kamalarry said:

We only need a decade and in that decade we’ve had one coach who doesn’t protect pieces of shit while claiming to be a man of God.

Alabama has 5 NCs in a decade and ohsu doesn’t have 5 in 15. Shut the fuck up saying y’all are close. If y’all are close to that then as I said, we are close to 10.

Who the fuck are we?