THE BROWNS BOARD

Dalton out for the Year

Zombo

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

So ... Eliminate them.

Maybe Hue can coach up Driskel though...

Z

As I said elsewhere....that team may in fact be better with him.  He did a lot better than Dalton.  (of course, it may be one of those deals where a QB does well because the other teams have never scouted him.  Browns have always had trouble with these backups that come out of nowhere.   There is that, and the fact that they let off the gas that had me concerned...and griping, yesterday.

I think running the ball so much, running down the clock - played right into the hands of the cincy defense - the Browns ended up punting a few times. Things could have gotten really tense.

What a GREAT nuther' win !

hue can shove it.

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

As I said elsewhere....that team may in fact be better with him.  He did a lot better than Dalton.  (of course, it may be one of those deals where a QB does well because the other teams have never scouted him.  Browns have always had trouble with these backups that come out of nowhere.   There is that, and the fact that they let off the gas that had me concerned...and griping, yesterday.

I’d imagine it a lot easier for a guy like Driskel to come in due to injury than get the pressure of being “the guy” and having a whole week to think about it.

He looked ok, Collins did drop a pick 6 and things would’ve been ugly if he caught it.

Its a blessing for Cinci tho, we all know this is not there year so they can evaluate the offense with Driskel.

3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’d imagine it a lot easier for a guy like Driskel to come in due to injury than get the pressure of being “the guy” and having a whole week to think about it.

He looked ok, Collins did drop a pick 6 and things would’ve been ugly if he caught it.

Its a blessing for Cinci tho, we all know this is not there year so they can evaluate the offense with Driskel.

& as I posted in another thread- Dalton only has non-guaranteed money left on his contract. Driskel plays 1\2 decent- Andy is done in Cinci....   Could be a lot of losses down the road for the Bengals....  Broncos, Chargers, (OK give them the Raiders), Browns, Steelers.    

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

& as I posted in another thread- Dalton only has non-guaranteed money left on his contract. Driskel plays 1\2 decent- Andy is done in Cinci....   Could be a lot of losses down the road for the Bengals....  Broncos, Chargers, (OK give them the Raiders), Browns, Steelers.    

The Bengals are always hot after OSU players.....they could be the ones to want to get in on Haskins....if he comes out.

That is a little payback for all the games Cincy laughed in our faces while we were down...

Didn't Ocho Cinco used to send the DBs tissues before the game?

Didn't Dalton throw a TD to Green while we were still in the huddle? 

That last game was for a couple of years ago in Manziel's first start in relief of Hoyer when they shit all over his money sign on National Television and allowed the bald guy at work to strut around all day long saying "Browns' Suck".

They better find a backup for their backup cause we're about to have round 2.

42 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

That is a little payback for all the games Cincy laughed in our faces while we were down...

Didn't Ocho Cinco used to send the DBs tissues before the game?

Didn't Dalton throw a TD to Green while we were still in the huddle? 

That last game was for a couple of years ago in Manziel's first start in relief of Hoyer when they shit all over his money sign on National Television and allowed the bald guy at work to strut around all day long saying "Browns' Suck".

They better find a backup for their backup cause we're about to have round 2.

Yeah, and their radio color analyst (Dave Lapham)  blasted the Browns "lack of class" in his post game comments, calling out Randall & Peppers.

I didn't like the Randall move either, but hey, Cincy employs Burfict and Mixon, employed Pacman Jones, Jeremy Hill. Pot meet kettle.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

There is only one Dalton ...

WhimsicalFreshBlacklemur-size_restricted

Zombo wins the internet tonight. Everybody go home. We'll play again tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thye let up. They let a turd have all.day to pass. Horrible coaching in the second half. This Playing. ot to lose schidt is really, really.getting old.

WTF is it that the Browns REFUSE to close the door? They purposely schemed to let Cinci get back in the game by playing the clock.

Disgusting second half.coaching.

16 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, and their radio color analyst (Dave Lapham)  blasted the Browns "lack of class" in his post game comments, calling out Randall & Peppers.

I didn't like the Randall move either, but hey, Cincy employs Burfict and Mixon, employed Pacman Jones, Jeremy Hill. Pot meet kettle.

You know what? Hue Jackson gets fired and then goes on a national "is not my fault" tour for two weeks, and then people expect everything to be hunky dory? (do people still say hunky dory? Whatever) 

I can agree that I would PREFER to see a bit more restraint by our players, but they're tired of hearing how they aren't good enough, and they're starting to feel a little salty. 

And the freaking press didn't help either. They kept poking and prodding, never missing a chance to bring up Hue Jackson, and now the media gets all bent out of shape because some players said some emotional stuff after the biggest win in 3 years. 

4 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

You know what? Hue Jackson gets fired and then goes on a national "is not my fault" tour for two weeks, and then people expect everything to be hunky dory? (do people still say hunky dory? Whatever) 

I can agree that I would PREFER to see a bit more restraint by our players, but they're tired of hearing how they aren't good enough, and they're starting to feel a little salty. 

And the freaking press didn't help either. They kept poking and prodding, never missing a chance to bring up Hue Jackson, and now the media gets all bent out of shape because some players said some emotional stuff after the biggest win in 3 years. 

Completely agree.   Hue had no problem shitting all over the players and organization after being fired talking to anyone who would listen in the press and now he expects hugs and kisses from the same guys he shit all over on his way out the door??   Fuck Hue Jackson and his shitty record as a Head Coach.   I hope next time we play them we run a sweep towards their sidelines and someone knocks him on his ass.

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Regarding Dave Lapham. MHO he's not their "expert analyst" like Doug Dieken is on the Browns radio network. He's a freaking cheerleader shill (the worst I've ever heard) that never has a bad word to say about the Bengals. Can't stand him. If you ever listen to him during the game, it's enough to make you want to puke. Come on, we need a stop now!!!   Great play!!! GREAT PLAY!!!    

20 hours ago, Zombo said:

So ... Eliminate them.

Maybe Hue can coach up Driskel though...

Z

And I thought this might be the BAL or CIN chance to knock off PIT with the BROWNS get ready for 2019. Is the AFCN the ALC in baseball? 

Oh well......

Archived