THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump's Veterans Affairs Dept. tells Capitol Hill it won't repay underpaid GI Bill benefits recipients

jbluhm86

These are the kinds of screw ups that Trump says employees at the VA will now be held accountable for with those involved if they were negligent getting fired. I guess that is the good news. The bad news is not making it right with those who didn't receive what they should have. Letting those who were overpaid keep the over payment hardly compensates for those who got the shaft. There needs to be accountability and somebody's feet need being held to the fire about this.

CVA Memo: President Obama's Record of Failure at the VA ...

Aug 1, 2016 - Under the Obama Administration, the VA's budget and staffing increases far .... (Rebecca Kaplan, “What did Obama know about the VA hospital ...

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Justva few days ago i was at a bar and talked to a former army sniper who brought this up. At some point in the convo he said "i cant beleive i voted for that kunt". If this isnt fixed soon, 2020 is not gonna go well for u trump boys. Watch what happens when the armed services snap turns on trump

Oh I'm sure home boy " Claimed " To be a sniper...  I bet he even went on about his confirmed kills. 

42 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh I'm sure home boy " Claimed " To be a sniper...  I bet he even went on about his confirmed kills. 

Hold on, i know him through another friend....my friend talked about him years ago when he first went in and he told me one day hey rem my friend? He's a sniper now. This is a guy thats been known in my circle of friends for like 2 decades. Not some rando at a bar

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hard to believe that in this day of ultramodern supercomputers anything like this can even happen. Mindboggling.

You worked for the VA and this surprises you?  I worked in Risk Management for a few years after I retired from the military and we some some pretty archaic shit.  They have upgraded, at least health care wise though all the records are now computerized.  

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Most people who brag about being a Seal or Green Beret or Ranger, etc. are full of shit.  

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hold on, i know him through another friend....my friend talked about him years ago when he first went in and he told me one day hey rem my friend? He's a sniper now. This is a guy thats been known in my circle of friends for like 2 decades. Not some rando at a bar

Well that is a bit different.  But my bullshit meter picks up stuff like that.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You worked for the VA and this surprises you?  I worked in Risk Management for a few years after I retired from the military and we some some pretty archaic shit.  They have upgraded, at least health care wise though all the records are now computerized.  

I was there for the move from handwritten medical records to computers and they were much faster and more comprehensive/standardized. In fact I worked on a medical records revision team for over a year setting this all up to go into the computer system.

But the VA Regional Office is a separate functioning unit and location usually) from VA hospitals and they are strictly working with the educational/disability benefits area. So after all these years with computers it does still surprise me that this part has not been "fixed".

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Bingo.

Well that is a bit different.  But my bullshit meter picks up stuff like that.

LOL-being on screening teams for decades I had a whole criteria of "red flags" starting with "secret missions you want find in the record, POW but I got away so no record, sole survivor, Seal/Green Beret/Deep recon, Cambodia/Laos so no record, etc. The more the flags the higher the BS meter went. Plus actually being there working with both USARV & MACV out in Godforsaken VN, I had a pretty good idea what was going on. Sometimes when I heard the right kind of details with a couple of the "flags" I knew it wasn't BS. It was just those that didn't really get the details right to go with too many flags that the meter went to the top.

Archived