THE BROWNS BOARD

Cohen charged with lying to congress

OldBrownsFan

So Trump's former lawyer being charged with lying to congress. Good if you lie to congress which is a crime you should be punished. So why wasn't John Brennan charged with lying? James Clapper? Eric Holder? Why does Trump's former lawyer get charged while others get a pass? Two tier justice system.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/eric-holder-repeatedly-lied-to-congress/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/07/31/obama-should-fire-john-brennan/?utm_term=.6576aebe84fa

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/22/james-clapper-just-lied-again-about-his-previous-lies-about-nsa-spying/

https://therightscoop.com/just-in-catherine-herridge-explains-what-lies-cohen-told-to-congress-and-its-relevance-to-russia-probe/

1. Both houses of Congress have subpoena powers in which to bring the individuals you mentioned back before Congress in order to question them about possible perjury.

2. The President is the head of the Executive Branch and can direct federal agencies such as the FBI to investigate those people if the evidence hints of malfeasance or perjury on their part.

3. Both houses of Congress and the Presidency have been under Republican control for two years now.

4. Neither President Trump, nor the GOP-controlled Congress have used their powers to begin investigations into those individuals, or, if they have, nothing has yet to come of it, unlike in Cohen's case.

5. If neither the GOP-majority Congress or the Republican President Trump have found a reason to, or have had no political will power to do anything about those individuals, that is on them, and I don't understand your continued proverbial teeth-gnashing or rending of clothes about the matter.

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Jack Abramoff: Legal Double Standard Between GOP, Dems Who Allegedly Lied to Congress

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/29/jack-abramoff-rips-double-standard-between-gop-democrat-liars-michael-cohen

Again, in case you missed it the first time:

28 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

1. Both houses of Congress have subpoena powers in which to bring the individuals you mentioned back before Congress in order to question them about possible perjury.

2. The President is the head of the Executive Branch and can direct federal agencies such as the FBI to investigate those people if the evidence hints of malfeasance or perjury on their part.

3. Both houses of Congress and the Presidency have been under Republican control for two years now.

4. Neither President Trump, nor the GOP-controlled Congress have used their powers to begin investigations into those individuals, or, if they have, nothing has yet to come of it, unlike in Cohen's case.

5. If neither the GOP-majority Congress or the Republican President Trump have found a reason to, or have had no political will power to do anything about those individuals, that is on them, and I don't understand your continued proverbial teeth-gnashing or rending of clothes about the matter.

It's not a double-standard if those in power, whom you elected, have the power to do something, yet fail to act. If the Trump administration or the GOP-led Congress claim that these people have done the same or worse than Cohen, and have the evidence to affirm that, yet do nothing about it, then why are you spinning your wheels over the matter? Point your ire at the corrupt f.ucks you put in office who are asleep at the wheel. Caveat emptor.

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

Again, in case you missed it the first time:

It's not a double-standard if those in power, whom you elected, have the power to do something, yet fail to act. If the Trump administration or the GOP-led Congress claim that these people have done the same or worse than Cohen, and have the evidence to affirm that, yet do nothing about it, then why are you spinning your wheels over the matter? Point your ire at the corrupt f.ucks you put in office who are asleep at the wheel.

It is a double standard....I don't know how you can argue it is not...we have selective prosecution over who lies to congress..it doesn't matter if it is the DOJ in the Trump administration or the Obama administration who fails to prosecute over lying to congress. My point is there should be no difference between one person lying to congress versus the next person. 

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think the Cohen story is a nothingburger at this point. His testimony is not credible as he is a soon to be sentenced liar and even if what he says is true there would be no law broken.

I am more concerned about this story:

Feds RAID offices of guy who did Trump’s taxes for a decade!

https://therightscoop.com/feds-raid-offices-of-guy-who-did-trumps-taxes-for-a-decade/

50 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

t's not a double-standard if those in power, whom you elected, have the power to do something, yet fail to act. If the Trump administration or the GOP-led Congress claim that these people have done the same or worse than Cohen, and have the evidence to affirm that, yet do nothing about it, then why are you spinning your wheels over the matter? Point your ire at the corrupt f.ucks you put in office who are asleep at the wheel. Caveat emptor.

of freaking course it's a double standard. We do NOT ELECT THE DOJ officials.

I mean, dayum it.

WE DO NOT ELECT THE FBI officials. Not everybody loyal to the deep state/obaMao/higgardly/etc leaves the gov after eight years of demquackic revolution.

There was no "RESIST" movement during eight scandal ridden years of racist liar pervert communist obaMao. The FBI and DOJ pussy-footed around and let higgardly off the hook, with all the others, because they wanted the deep state to stay in control of our government.

Period. Your commie obaMao put those deep state liberal activist fooks all over our gov. IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ and the so much of the msm is owned and funded by lefties.

Your retort is nothing more than an emotional nonsense knee-jerkie.

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It is a double standard....I don't know how you can argue it is not..

I can, literally, by posting my first reply to this topic for the 3rd time now:

42 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

...we have selective prosecution over who lies to congress..it doesn't matter if it is the DOJ in the Trump administration or the Obama administration who fails to prosecute over lying to congress. My point is there should be no difference between one person lying to congress versus the next person. 

Again, if this is selective prosecution, then you have to ask who are the ones doing the selecting?

• Both Congress and Trump have constitutional powers to bring charges against these people if they have evidence that they committed a crime, yet they are the ones selectively choosing not to.

• Trump is the one who has the constitutional authority to end the Mueller investigation if he thinks he has the evidence to demonstrate that it has exceeded its mandate, but he has selected not to do so yet.

• Trump and Congress have the constitutional power to declassify and make available to  the public any documents such as the Steele dossier that could demonstrate Trump's innocence in any matter, yet both have selected not to do so.

You yourself are showing selectivity in the first place, because your consternation seems to be selected towards one administration over another. Guess which administration is which? You're melting down over the Obama administration not investigating people or Obama-era officials not being brought up on any charges yet for who--the-f.uck-knows-what, yet you seem to be perfectly sanguine over the Trump administration and the GOP-majority Congress doing the exact supposed thing. If these people have broke the law, yet neither Trump or Congress do anything about it, then why complain over alleged selectivity? If there is a two-tiered justice system, as you suggest, then you question the elected officials that YOU VOTED IN that are actively continuing it.

blah blah blah, jblew blah.

Congress doesn't have the power to go after laptops, cell phones, etc etc etc. With rino's in place, who want to be nice to liberal voters in their state  - not much can get done. Trump can NOT bring charges.....

total bs, jblew. Obamao's doj and fbi covered for the dems and higgardly, because they are part of the deep state cronies all these years.

they went after Trump any way possible, because HE and others, and those of us who elected him, are NOT pro-deep state.

I wish you knew what you were talking about, and then we could have a genuine conversation.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

of freaking course it's a double standard. We do NOT ELECT THE DOJ officials.

I mean, dayum it.

WE DO NOT ELECT THE FBI officials. Not everybody loyal to the deep state/obaMao/higgardly/etc leaves the gov after eight years of demquackic revolution.

There was no "RESIST" movement during eight scandal ridden years of racist liar pervert communist obaMao. The FBI and DOJ pussy-footed around and let higgardly off the hook, with all the others, because they wanted the deep state to stay in control of our government.

Period. Your commie obaMao put those deep state liberal activist fooks all over our gov. IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ and the so much of the msm is owned and funded by lefties.

↕️

Your retort is nothing more than an emotional nonsense knee-jerkie.

The only emotion I have to this is hope...hope that, one day when i'm in my 60s, that I too can be blissfully oblivious of what I write on whatever version of the internet they'll have in the future as you are now in your 60s.

28 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I can, literally, by posting my first reply to this topic for the 3rd time now:

Again, if this is selective prosecution, then you have to ask who are the ones doing the selecting?

• Both Congress and Trump have constitutional powers to bring charges against these people if they have evidence that they committed a crime, yet they are the ones selectively choosing not to.

• Trump is the one who has the constitutional authority to end the Mueller investigation if he thinks he has the evidence to demonstrate that it has exceeded its mandate, but he has selected not to do so yet.

• Trump and Congress have the constitutional power to declassify and make available to  the public any documents such as the Steele dossier that could demonstrate Trump's innocence in any matter, yet both have selected not to do so.

You yourself are showing selectivity in the first place, because your consternation seems to be selected towards one administration over another. Guess which administration is which? You're melting down over the Obama administration not investigating people or Obama-era officials not being brought up on any charges yet for who--the-f.uck-knows-what, yet you seem to be perfectly sanguine over the Trump administration and the GOP-majority Congress doing the exact supposed thing. If these people have broke the law, yet neither Trump or Congress do anything about it, then why complain over alleged selectivity? If there is a two-tiered justice system, as you suggest, then you question the elected officials that YOU VOTED IN that are actively continuing it.

This isn't difficult. All who lie to congress should get the same treatment...

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

blah blah blah, jblew blah.

Congress doesn't have the power to go after laptops, cell phones, etc etc etc. With rino's in place, who want to be nice to liberal voters in their state  - not much can get done...

Contempt of Congress

• "Congressional rules empower all its standing committees with the authority to compel witnesses to produce testimony and documents for subjects under its jurisdiction. Committee rules may provide for the full committee to issue a subpoena, or permit subcommittees or the chairman (acting alone or with the ranking member) to issue subpoenas...As announced in Wilkinson v. United States, a Congressional committee must meet three requirements for its subpoenas to be "legally sufficient." First, the committee's investigation of the broad subject area must be authorized by its chamber; second, the investigation must pursue "a valid legislative purpose" but does not need to involve legislation and does not need to specify the ultimate intent of Congress; and third, the specific inquiries must be pertinent to the subject matter area that has been authorized for investigation."

Documents include physical paper documents and electronic documents, such as those found on laptops and cellphones. So yes, Congress does have the power to "go after laptops, cell phones, etc etc etc", as well as people's testimony.

As for the whole RINOs nonsense, the beauty of a constitutional republic is that, if you don't like how the government is being run by the people in office, you can literally vote them out of office and vote in someone who does "get stuff done". This isn't rocket appliances, Julian...

24 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Trump can NOT bring charges.....

total bs, jblew. Obamao's doj and fbi covered for the dems and higgardly, because they are part of the deep state cronies all these years.

they went after Trump any way possible, because HE and others, and those of us who elected him, are NOT pro-deep state...

You're correct in that Trump personally cannot bring charges himself. However, the Attorney General, the FBI, any other random alphabet executive branch agency can, and since Trump is their boss, he can direct them to do so. And, as I said before, Trump has the power to declassify  and publish any and all documents pertaining to him and the Mueller investigation, yet he has not done so.

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

...I wish you knew what you were talking about, and then we could have a genuine conversation.

People such as yourself who live in glass houses shouldn't throw civics textbooks, especially if they'd benefit immensely by reading it first.

2b8b5a61a48ec7abd3d217e465ccb152921bdec2

38 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This isn't difficult. All who lie to congress should get the same treatment...

You are right, it isn't and they should. But when you're all fire and fury about the sayings and doings of an administration and their officials on the opposite political side from you, yet are silent on a politically friendly administration doing the exact same thing, then it makes me doubt whether you yourself believe what you wrote above.

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

They didn't lose your number they went with this liberal instead

Their money to waste, I suppose.

While we're on the topic of subjectivity, if Trump came out and said that, although he got elected in as a Republican, he now chooses to identify as a Democrat, do you think that your ire of Trump and his officials being "selectively" investigated would mysteriously disappear? 🤨

Archived