THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Have the #1 Fans in ANYTHING!

hish747

From the article, interesting........

.......The top five fan bases, in order, were the Browns, Alabama Crimson Tide, Boston Red Sox, LeBron James and Black Panther. The other NFL fan bases represented were the Kansas City Chiefs (No. 9), Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 16), Green Bay Packers (No. 18), Philadelphia Eagles (No. 28), Dallas Cowboys (No. 40), Buffalo Bills (No. 55), Minnesota Vikings (No. 56), New England Patriots (No. 67), New York Giants (No. 75), Seattle Seahawks (No. 85), San Francisco 49ers (No. 87), Oakland Raiders (No. 105), New Orleans Saints (No. 114), Washington Redskins (No. 135), Houston Texans (No. 144), Denver Broncos (No. 152), Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 208),

The Cleveland Cavaliers were also ranked No. 194, which was No. 9 in the NBA. The Cleveland Indians were ranked No. 247, which is No. 9 in the MLB.

It is clear to see that Cleveland is just a passionate town. It is not a big market like New York or Los Angeles so the people take even greater pride in the successes when it is found. However, even when the Cavaliers won an NBA Title, the prevailing thought was 'this victory parade would look ten times larger if the Browns won the Super Bowl.' It may not be long before quarterback Baker Mayfield allows us to find out......

The fact that we're not a "major market" is what makes the ranking so insane. Cleveland is a blue collar town and really has nothing to do with national media. We fans are passionate, loyal, and maybe a little nuts. I know that I went bonkers this year for a few weeks before pulling my head from my ass. I've already told my stories of getting picked on in school for being a fan, and while it didn't traumatize me or anything, it did sort of galvanize my adoration for my team and make me all the more loyal. 

I'll say this, God help the sporting world if we ever REALLY get it going. It'll be Browns freaking mania. We were pretty close to being a wildcard contender this year. Heck, VERY close. And oddly enough, we have Hue Jackson to thank for our current situation. Had Hue started Baker to begin with, there's a chance our team would have had a record too good to warrant firing him. If that makes sense. Now, we're basically the darling anticipated vacancy, and virtually any available coach is going to consider us. When is the last time we could say THAT? What was Mike Pettine? Our 32nd choice? 

Of course, this is assuming we even NEED a new coach, and if Gregg Williams has the boys playing well these last 4 games, Dorsey may not be able to justify cutting him loose. That being said, there are no cupcakes left on the schedule. Denver and Baltimore are on fire, Carolina has lost 4 in a row but only played 1 bad game, and Cincy is probably the best chance to win. I'm HOPING to split and go 2-2, but that's going to be tough. I'll say this though, we win this weekend and maybe there's a chance we get super hot and reel off a streak. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have a hard time believing any rating system that has the Buckeyes @ #110 overall and Game of Thrones/Avengers/Beyonce #s 11/12/14 respectively. Just not buying it.

I think any ranking or power rating or other such somewhat arbitrary system has it's "hmmmmm" results.  :huh:

The top 5 here are strange to me, 1. BROWNS 2. ALA 3. BoSox 4. LeBron? 5. Black Panther?  40. AMERICA'S TEAM, lol?   Really? Oh well......

so the people take even greater pride in the successes when it is found. However, even when the Cavaliers won an NBA Title, the prevailing thought was 'this victory parade would look ten times larger if the Browns won the Super Bowl.' It may not be long beforequarterback Baker Mayfield allows us to find out......”

*chills*

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think any ranking or power rating or other such somewhat arbitrary system has it's "hmmmmm" results.  :huh:

The top 5 here are strange to me, 1. BROWNS 2. ALA 3. BoSox 4. LeBron? 5. Black Panther?  40. AMERICA'S TEAM, lol?   Really? Oh well......

If it was truly arbitrary, why should they pick the Browns when it could have been any team. But, it wasn't any team. It was the Browns, so it wasn't arbitrary. 😛

1 minute ago, hish747 said:

If it was truly arbitrary, why should they pick the Browns when it could have been any team. But, it wasn't any team. It was the Browns, so it wasn't arbitrary. 😛

Somewhat arbitrary.......or author's discretion?

Archived