THE BROWNS BOARD

If We'd Only Had A Kicker......

BrownsFan4Evr

1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I was just thinking....if we'd had a decent field goal kicker, we'd have won those three  games at the start of the year, and we'd be in first place in the AFC North at 8-5.

Ah---no.  We would have still had the Clueless one and would not have 5 wins either.

While I get the reason why some will wonder what could have been if this or that happened earlier this season, I just can't. 

I'm just thrilled that this team is heading in a positive direction. This team is going places. 

The Browns are no one's laughingstock anymore. 

This season start losses are kind of sweet for me, because we ended up having a coaching staff that made way more with the talent that the team already had.

Probably we come up short, but it will be good for our young team to keep grinding next year for a playoff spot. 

Also, if we had kept Hue-Haley and won those first games... Would we have won the latest games? Maybe not. Kitchens is doing way better than the "QB Whisperer".

Seems that few Kickers have escaped this season unmarred.

Only ten have been perfect on extra points and half of those are fill-ins with 10 or fewer attempts for the season.

15 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Fixed my eye! They are on Lou Groza blvd and have had many opportunities to sign or keep good kickers. Oh ya, even Lou wasn’t perfect. 

Lou is one of my favorite all time Browns, but that's a topic for another day. Huebatross could not properly evaluate QBs, besides that- as a bonus, he managed to keep the wrong kicker out of training camp. 

On 12/13/2018 at 12:33 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah---no.  We would have still had the Clueless one and would not have 5 wins either.

Scary thought a better kicker might have extended or saved Huey's job? OMG.  :o

Do remember Tyrod was there for the 0-0-1 start with pburg, it was his injury that kick started the BM revolution.......oh the twists and turns and other variables of professional sports. And SOON you can bet on it at a place near your house!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

FIFY

hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

A good kicker? Find him... Pay him and keep him.

FIFY.

Yeah find out what it is worth to maybe win 1, 2 maybe 3 extra games a season.....then look at the cheapest regular position player on the team and see what it is worth to keep him -or- try to find one....good luck in 2018 on that one.

With all of the college kickers out there you'd think it would not be that hard adding a few each year to the NFL, afterall thet're not quarterbacks! "Keek de' ball".

Archived