THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Interviews

Zombo

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darren15 said:

If you’re wondering when Josh McDaniels’ interview with the #Bengals is happening, it apparently won’t. Source says McDaniels is passing on Cincy’s request.

He probably realized it's Hue's job

Nah, his agent probably told Mike Brown the sort of money Josh was thinking, and Mikey nearly passed out.

#Browns OC Freddie Kitchens, who will interview for CLE's HC job early next week, has received several requests for vacant coordinator jobs, source said. The team has declined those for now, as Kitchens is under contract. They want the new HC to have an opportunity to hire him.

The Bold Bit ?

8 minutes ago, darren15 said:

#Browns OC Freddie Kitchens, who will interview for CLE's HC job early next week, has received several requests for vacant coordinator jobs, source said. The team has declined those for now, as Kitchens is under contract. They want the new HC to have an opportunity to hire him.

The Bold Bit ?

Under contract...and hopefully with a pay raise to make the situation economically solvent

36 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Again, I can only think that he has a promise to take over after BB retires. 

I wonder.....IF, by chance the Pats would pull off what I consider to be a miracle and win another Super Bowl.....would BB ride off into the sunset with his 6 titles?    Or would he want to try to stay around to match Paul Browns  7 titles?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Again, I can only think that he has a promise to take over after BB retires. 

I wonder.....IF, by chance the Pats would pull off what I consider to be a miracle and win another Super Bowl.....would BB ride off into the sunset with his 6 titles?    Or would he want to try to stay around to match Paul Browns  7 titles?

Like I said before. Bill and Brady right off into the sunset like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

WSS

3 hours ago, AP1 said:

Under contract...and hopefully with a pay raise to make the situation economically solvent

OC\ assistant HC?  

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Can we trade kitchens?

Yes, but the price would be steep. Gruden got traded from the Raiders, way back....  

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

He can’t take another OC job because it would be considered a lateral move.

However, Freddie can take a HC job with another team and get out of his OC contract with the Browns.

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

However, Freddie can take a HC job with another team and get out of his OC contract with the Browns.

Right but they could still grant permission 2 a team to interview him for offensive coordinator position. The fact that they aren't tells me that they are going to do everything in their power to make him their offensive coordinator next year. Because Freddie kitchens has done nothing but good for this organization and if you are blocking potential job interviews for him and then end up letting him go that's doing him pretty dirty as many of the open offensive coordinator jobs will be full.

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Like I said before. Bill and Brady right off into the sunset like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

WSS

Uh, Butch Cassidy and Sundance were slaughtered in a blood bath in Bolivia.   

Now, it could be funny if that is how their career ended....in a crushing defeat in like the first round of the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

oh, sorry - I didn't mean he has no choice but to stay, I mean that the Browns must keep him. From his interviews, he doesn't sound like a guy who wants to leave Cleveland. He's having too much fun.

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Right but they could still grant permission 2 a team to interview him for offensive coordinator position. The fact that they aren't tells me that they are going to do everything in their power to make him their offensive coordinator next year. Because Freddie kitchens has done nothing but good for this organization and if you are blocking potential job interviews for him and then end up letting him go that's doing him pretty dirty as many of the open offensive coordinator jobs will be full.

I agree, the Browns have shown a tremendous amount interest in keeping Freddie on the staff.

He’s supposed to interview with Dorsey next week for the HC position.

My biggest fear is Dorsey hires new blood for a HC, and Freddie gets offered a HC position with another team.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Uh, Butch Cassidy and Sundance were slaughtered in a blood bath in Bolivia.   

Now, it could be funny if that is how their career ended....in a crushing defeat in like the first round of the playoffs.

Second round. My take it will either be the Texans or the Chargers.  :)  

This process will go on until the Super Bowl is over.  And I’ll be very surprised if he tips his hand before that. Dorsey has his interview process moving just like he set it up. He’s gonna talk with a lot of guys too. Kinda fun this time though. Got a good young team and looking for the ideal coach they can respond to. And a ace in the hole

20 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

This process will go on until the Super Bowl is over.  And I’ll be very surprised if he tips his hand before that. Dorsey has his interview process moving just like he set it up. He’s gonna talk with a lot of guys too. Kinda fun this time though. Got a good young team and looking for the ideal coach they can respond to. And a ace in the hole

LOL, as Han Solo said- "fly casual, but not too casual."  Casting a wide net.  Be interesting to see what happens when the dominos start to fall....  You don't want to see a guy Dorsey really likes take a job with another team.... 

So a name I'd heard often in relation to the Browns as the season was in its last month or so was Iowa State's Matt Campbell, who has deep Ohio roots. I thought it seemed a stretch, but his name kept popping up. Since the season ended and the official head coach search began, I've not heard his name in relation to the Browns job once. 

Until today. On 92.3 every morning around 7:30 Ken Carman talks with Browns beat reporter Daryl Ruiter, and the name Matt Campbell is brought up. They mention that they've heard nothing about him and the Browns, but Ruiter tells Ken that Campbell is very, very highly regarded in NFL circles as an up-and-comer, and that NFL guys rave about his culture at Iowa State. Some have mentioned that Campbell runs the most professional program in all college football. 

I want the guy to get an interview. Color me intrigued. 

In the books... GW(hc/dc)/Caldwell (hc/oc, am lost on this one)/K.Stefanski (am still lost, but B.Farve likes this guy) , a Int. OC with less experience than Freddie...Friday, Dan Campbell (Int.hc & Te's) Dorsey's group knows more about McCarthy than McCarthy does. Wonder who bumped who off from today's planned interview? I'd say McCarthy won't be around next week after visiting Jets & has no use for Freddie but maybe his QB coach? With Freddie in Dorsey's future plans? I'd guess 2 defensive guys coming in have the best shot if no GW in plans?..Pats=ST/LB/DC Brian Flores or Colts DC Matt Eberflus from toledo..Colts OC Nick Siranni is also scheduled but Freddie has the better career resume again.. I like Campbell's fire as a hc. He'll need a guy like Freddie, but GW is surely gone..Brian Flores is well needed with his ST background, could call the defense & Freddie stays baking in Bakers Kitchen..Plan Z;) Hey Dorsey! what's wrong with adding some pieces & let Williams & Kitchens finish what they started?    

I hope Kitchens isn't too pissed off about not being granted interviews with other teams.

I believe Dorsey when he says that he's not granting permission because he wants the new HC to have the opportunity to interview and maybe hire him.  And I don't think that Dorsey would pull out the shotgun on the perspective new HC...but I'm sure he'd tell the candidates that, Hey, you hire who you want but we've got a guy right in this building that did a whale of a job with Baker and the offense and I'd like you to at least talk to him about the OC position.

I'm glad to hear that Dorsey has recognized Kitchens in that way.

7 minutes ago, choco said:

He was denied OC positions, thus far he has not been asked about a HC position

That's correct.  But one could argue that, right now, he has no job at all.

Archived