THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Interviews

Zombo

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That is a poem post. I understood, but it made me think to do so.

LOL that was a terrible speech-to-text I don't know why I clicked send. Sorry.

I meant to say the Green Bay Sports guy was talking about how great it would be if McCarthy assembled an excellent team of assistant coaches. Which would mean shitcanning the guys we have who have been successful so far.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I apologize Dutch. I've edited it. The green big guy was talking about McCarthy bringing an entire new staff and system.

WSS

That's quite all right, I was concerned for a minute that you had a stroke in the middle of your post! 😊

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's quite all right, I was concerned for a minute that you had a stroke in the middle of your post! 😊

I was thinking WSS had a frontal lobotomy...or is that a bottle in front of me? 🍾

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

there maybe some hanging out with in future, but certainly no handing  

lol... gotta love a good typo...

... or was it?

Keeping Greg Williams & hopefully Kitchens is is far better than that loser Gase, backstabber & Tebow draft McDaniels, and an old washed up Mike McCarthy who wasted the last nine years of Rodgers career!

The fans need a voice when it comes to the dysfunctional Haslam and that voice should be Dorsey loud and clear 

Agsinst the Ravens we were robbed of a fumble and easy TD when the ref blew the whistle. Williams has the team finally believing they can win! You can’t say that about Gase and the rest of the recycled has beens!!!

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dustin Fox says that he hears the Browns are very interested in Colts Defensive Coordinator Matt Eberflus. 

After seeing what his unit did today vs the Texans, I can see the intrigue. 

Did you notice the announcers in the Colts game saying Ebi-flus was playing zone 70% of the time (as opposed to Williams man) ? And a lot of Tampa 2 mixed in.  He comes here rip up the defensive scheme, and do we have the personnel to play it? 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Did you notice the announcers in the Colts game saying Ebi-flus was playing zone 70% of the time (as opposed to Williams man) ? And a lot of Tampa 2 mixed in.  He comes here rip up the defensive scheme, and do we have the personnel to play it? 

I think he probably played zone/Tampa 2 to keep all eyes on Watson... Big runs from QBs tend to come when a defense runs man-to-man, because defenders in the back 7 are following receivers down the field, and have their backs to the QB. Also, zone and Tampa 2 makes a QB have to make reads and hit the right guy... take what the defense gives you... A QB like Watson might struggle with doing that in this part of his early career. 

7 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What eberflus accomplished with that garbage heap in indy is nothing short of spectacular. Hes probably my 4th option right now. 1. Arians and keep kitchens and willams 2. Keep William's and kitchens 3. See of Kubuak is still alive 4. Ebeflus

Kubiak not allowed to interview for an OC job I don't think but since that's what his specially is it would mean the end of kitchens

WSS

I'll post this again, and most likely it will be ignored again...

Arians took Kitchens out of the QB coach spot in Arizona and made him the RBs coach for Byron Leftwich, and people who were there got the impression Kitchens was pretty salty towards Arians after that. Their relationship might not be warm. 

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll post this again, and most likely it will be ignored again...

Arians took Kitchens out of the QB coach spot in Arizona and made him the RBs coach for Byron Leftwich, and people who were there got the impression Kitchens was pretty salty towards Arians after that. Their relationship might not be warm. 

Thanks Dutch!   Definitely worthy of note.  Arians seems pretty full of himself considering why he quit on his last HC gig. 

Double A gap pressure ftw. We bring in ansah or flowers at LDE and we have edge protection that compensates for that alignment and we keep inrerior OL off our LB'ers. 

I like eberfluss's philosophy. He generated alot of pressure on QB's with just his front 4 that didnt have the talent we do. 

Haslam is involved in the interviews ....how long until he insists we interview Gase ?

Colts’ DC Matt Eberflus just finished up his interview with the Browns’ search committee of Jimmy Haslam, JW Johnson, John Dorsey, Eliot Wolf, Paul DePodesta, and Andrew Berry.

52 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

When people mention our front office they forget Deposesta and Berry are still around. Analytics lives on in Cleveland.

True, but it is flavored with old fashioned ability to spot talent.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

When people mention our front office they forget Deposesta and Berry are still around. Analytics lives on in Cleveland.

It should....it lead to Baker

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

It should....it lead to Baker

not sure who paid this guy?(Elway needs to).the guy makes a living pimping out his scouts.But the media should call him the Rodney Dangerfield of the Dorsey Draft class... https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Scot-McCloughan-shares-insight-into-Cleveland-Browns-NFL-Draft-class-119201351/   

9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

You do understand that every team in the league has a “numbers” guy. Now that Stosh is not on Cleveland, zero teams rely on numbers exclusively.  Our new GM is a ex player too. Special teams and D. The pud just shuffles paper and fetches coffee for the man

Archived