THE BROWNS BOARD

Antonio Brown

domcucch1994

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Or his family lives there and he wants to be closer. It’s pretty simple. Yet again you can run this line that the demise is on the horizon and yet again you will be wrong.

Maybe I will.....but 3 of your main assets for past success  have just or will walk out the door.  And other teams are coming on. 

The young turks at QB do not wear piss yellow and black.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jujubees stats:

Receiving & Rushing

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       30 20 245 169 2343 13.9 14 97 5.6 78.1   1 13 0 13 13.0 0.4 0.0 170 13.9 2356 14 1 21
2017 21 PIT wr 19 14 7 79 58 917 15.8 7 97 4.1 65.5 73.4%               58 15.8 917 7 0 10
2018 22 PIT WR 19 16 13 166 111 1426 12.8 7 97 6.9 89.1 66.9% 1 13 0 13 13.0 0.8 0.1 112 12.8 1439 7 1 11
1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs

Callaway:

Receiving & Rushing

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       16 11 79 43 586 13.6 5 71 2.7 36.6   2 7 0 15 3.5 0.4 0.1 45 13.2 593 5 1 4
2018 21 CLE WR 11 16 11 79 43 586 13.6 5 71 2.7 36.6 54.4% 2 7 0 15 3.5 0.4 0.1 45 13.2 593 5 1 4

Remember....Smith had a HOF QB throwing to him.    Callaway had Tyrod Taylor and a rookie.

Browns

Team Stats and Rankings

Tot Yds & TO     Passing Rushing Penalties   Average Drive
Player PF Yds Ply Y/P TO FL 1stD Cmp Att Yds TD Int NY/A 1stD Att Yds TD Y/A 1stD Pen Yds 1stPy #Dr Sc% TO% Start Time Plays Yds Pts
Team Stats 359 5900 1023 5.8 24 7 314 353 574 4007 29 17 6.5 189 411 1893 15 4.6 93 112 894 32 202 31.2 11.4 Own 28.5 2:20 5.21 29.2 1.81
Opp. Stats 392 6288 1122 5.6 31 14 377 393 626 4125 21 17 6.2 216 459 2163 20 4.7 130 119 990 31 201 35.3 15.4 Own 28.9 2:37 5.8 31.0 1.88
Lg Rank Offense 20 13     22 8 21   11 14 11 26 13   15 14 11 11           27 14 16 31 29 26 23
Lg Rank Defense 21 30     2 1 31   30 25 3 5 10   28 28 31 24           18 3 19 9 16 13 13

Steelers

Team Stats and Rankings

Tot Yds & TO     Passing Rushing Penalties   Average Drive
Player PF Yds Ply Y/P TO FL 1stD Cmp Att Yds TD Int NY/A 1stD Att Yds TD Y/A 1stD Pen Yds 1stPy #Dr Sc% TO% Start Time Plays Yds Pts
Team Stats 428 6453 1058 6.1 26 9 378 459 689 5008 35 17 7.0 251 345 1445 16 4.2 88 111 1026 39 182 36.8 14.3 Own 26.0 2:44 5.93 35.5 2.23
Opp. Stats 360 5235 987 5.3 15 7 317 362 566 3697 27 8 6.0 200 369 1538 13 4.2 84 136 1170 33 184 33.7 8.2 Own 28.6 2:35 5.5 28.4 1.88
Lg Rank Offense 6 4     26 15 4   1 2 5 26 8   31 31 7 24           18 7 32 14 13 6 9
Lg Rank Defense 16 6     29 19 14   21 10 16 28 7   7 6 15 9           25 30 15 6 3 6 14

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Jujubees stats:

Receiving & Rushing

Career       30 20 245 169 2343 13.9 14 97 5.6 78.1   1 13 0 13 13.0 0.4 0.0 170 13.9 2356 14 1 21
2017 21 PIT wr 19 14 7 79 58 917 15.8 7 97 4.1 65.5 73.4%               58 15.8 917 7 0 10
2018 22 PIT WR 19 16 13 166 111 1426 12.8 7 97 6.9 89.1 66.9% 1 13 0 13 13.0 0.8 0.1 112 12.8 1439 7 1 11
1 playoff game - full playoff gamelogs

Callaway:

Receiving & Rushing

Career       16 11 79 43 586 13.6 5 71 2.7 36.6   2 7 0 15 3.5 0.4 0.1 45 13.2 593 5 1 4
2018 21 CLE WR 11 16 11 79 43 586 13.6 5 71 2.7 36.6 54.4% 2 7 0 15 3.5 0.4 0.1 45 13.2 593 5 1 4

Remember....Smith had a HOF QB throwing to him.    Callaway had Tyrod Taylor and a rookie.

Lol. Where in that fuck did you get your stat charts? It looks like someone with epilepsy got a hold of an excel spread sheet.

Uhm....Pro Football reference.....the pre-eminent source for NFL stats. 

seriously?

It’s impossible to read with the way it copied. Their stats also aren’t close, mayfield is legit so maybe they will be but juju had 1400 yards this year, 7 tds and 111 catches. Mayfield was number one overall so your qb argument doesn’t hold even a little bit of water anymore. Is that you with the iguana? I always thought you were black lol. What are you bringing me for Christmas next year Santa?

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It’s impossible to read with the way it copied. Their stats also aren’t close, mayfield is legit so maybe they will be but juju had 1400 yards his year.

I don't know what you are seeing....but my version is perfectly readable.  Maybe your browser is fucked up.

And maybe Calloway will have similar numbers next year.  

You forget that we had Hue Jackson calling plays for a big part of the Browns year.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't know what you are seeing....but my version is perfectly readable. 

And maybe Calloway will have similar numbers next year.  

You forget that we had Hue Jackson calling plays for a big part of the Browns year.

Juju > callaway and no one with a brain will say different. Are you gearing up to make toys already? Or does Santa get a break?

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Juju > callaway and no one with a brain will say different. Are you gearing up to make toys already? Or does Santa get a break?

We were talking potential.  Beyond that, note, the Steelers also threw the ball  like 120 times more last year than the Browns.... I guess that is what you do when you have only the 31st ranked rushing offense.  (so much for the "Bell's production has been replaced" theory).

I also think that the Browns spread the ball around a lot more.   Steelers top heavy throwing the ball to Brown and Shuster.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We were talking potential.  Beyond that, note, the Steelers also threw the ball  like 120 times more last year than the Browns.... I guess that is what you do when you have only the 31st ranked rushing offense.  (so much for the "Bell's production has been replaced" theory).

I also think that the Browns spread the ball around a lot more.   Steelers top heavy throwing the ball to Brown and Shuster.

Juju and brown are dominant, hence the targets.  Callaway fell because of character concerns so the talent is there but he’s not juju. Connor also got hurt for the last portion of the season and didn’t play and Ben threw for 5000 yards. You don’t watch much football Santa.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

We've got a real barn-burner of a fight between homers here boys and girls! 😂

No.....there is no fight.   I simply pointed out that the Steelers are about to lose  3 of the major assets of their team;

A. by his own words..in the past, perhaps the best RB in the game ...gone  (I would not dispute that Bell was at least top 5 previously)

B. Arguably the best WR in the game.   (Steelers have said they will trade him).

C. By my estimation perhaps the best position assistant coach in the league.  Besides perhaps BR (and maybe not even him) Munchak was the glue that made that offensive like perform so well.   (don't feel bad...they could hire  our guy Wiley). 

D.  I simply said that Calloway could have the potential to be as good as Smith.  Never claimed he was.  And I pointed out the fact that he did have a rookie throwing to him.  While Baker is, and may become all that, he is still not a proven HOFer like BR is.   (but could you imagine what Brady could do with him?)

Just facts.    If Mr. female genitalia wants to argue facts...he can argue with himself.

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

We've got a real barn-burner of a fight between homers here boys and girls! 😂

When I post gipper has a little light that goes off in his living room. He puts on his cape, cracks his knuckles and gets to work.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No.....there is no fight.   I simply pointed out that the Steelers are about to lose  3 of the major assets of their team;

A. by his own words..in the past, perhaps the best RB in the game ...gone  (I would not dispute that Bell was at least top 5 previously)

B. Arguably the best WR in the game.   (Steelers have said they will trade him).

C. By my estimation perhaps the best position assistant coach in the league.  Besides perhaps BR (and maybe not even him) Munchak was the glue that made that offensive like perform so well.   (don't feel bad...they could hire  our guy Wiley). 

D.  I simply said that Calloway could have the potential to be as good as Smith.  Never claimed he was.  And I pointed out the fact that he did have a rookie throwing to him.  While Baker is, and may become all that, he is still not a proven HOFer like BR is.   (but could you imagine what Brady could do with him?)

Just facts.    If Mr. female genitalia wants to argue facts...he can argue with himself.

It’s smith schuster gipper not Smith and we already promoted sarrett to o-line coach. Yo choco did you know that? Getting all your steeler info from kdka and wtae? Hell I listen to 93.7 the fan almost ever day even tho I think pony and cook are usually idiots.

Just now, Vagitron said:

Juju and brown are dominant, hence the targets.  Callaway fell because of character concerns so the talent is there but he’s not juju. Connor also got hurt for the last portion of the season and didn’t play and Ben threw for 5000 yards. You don’t watch much football Santa.

Well, Brown has been dominant.   Juju has exploited that.   Remains to be seen how dominant he will be without Brown on the other side. 

And on Callaway....so, you admit he has the talent and potential to have been a much higher pick.  So, you agree with me on him then.  

And Conner was hurt, a bit.  The last game or 2.  Conner may now be JAG without Munchak.  Whatever,  it wasn't enough to make the Steelers 31st in rushing.   And BR got 5000 yards.  So, what decent QB doesn't these days?  I mean, sure....he is your lifeline....and now perhaps the only one you have with the other rats jumping ship.

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

When I post gipper has a little light that goes off in his living room. He puts on his cape, cracks his knuckles and gets to work.

I am sitting here at my office desk....playing on my computer.  You are the one that decided to show up a few minutes ago....to continue to reinforce the reason for your screen name. 

Well, Brown has been dominant.   Juju has exploited that.   Remains to be seen how dominant he will be without Brown on the other side. 

And on Callaway....so, you admit he has the talent and potential to have been a much higher pick.  So, you agree with me on him then.  

And Conner was hurt, a bit.  The last game or 2.  Conner may now be JAG without Munchak.  Whatever,  it wasn't enough to make the Steelers 31st in rushing.   And BR got 5000 yards.  So, what decent QB doesn't these days?  I mean, sure....he is your lifeline....and now perhaps the only one you have with the other rats jumping ship.

He missed 3 and a half games Santa.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am sitting here at my office desk....playing on my computer.  You are the one that decided to show up a few minutes ago....to continue to reinforce the reason for your screen name. 

You could have just sat in your chair, worked on your crosswords and sipped your ginger tea gipper. You couldn’t ignore the light.

18 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Choco you dip shit let me know if you want some links. Where do you live in Pittsburgh?

dont need links...why does it matter...

you're in pretty bad denial...tbh

On 1/13/2019 at 11:53 AM, Vagitron said:

If Ben was so terrible the offensive line wouldn’t be so ride or die for the guy.

perhaps you should ask some of the other teammates about him...doesn't seem manny sanders, ryan clark have a high opinion of him.  this is the guy that blamed AB for running a bad route when he lost a game by throwing an interception to a fucking nose tackle...🤣

I also don’t care if brown leaves at this point much like I didn’t with bell. I’m done with the drama. Brown hasn’t said a fvcking word so it’s all speculation either way.

so then you dont follow your team as closely as you think...dont remember the real time stream with harrison, mocking tomlin during the end of year presser?  or how about posting the pic of he and dan after signing his last contract, during dans presser about AB?  he puts out his information through surrogates, and you'd know that if you actually knew something about that team.

He left because his daughter and grand daughter live there, no other reason. 

true, but you dont know there's no other reason unless you have spoken to munch.  could also be that he wanted outta the circus...could be a little of both.  either way, you lost the only decent coach you had.  hell, ya hired a bengals cast off that got fired for breaking another NFL record...only team to give up 500+ yards of offense in 3 consecutive games.  the peezy firing was a good call...but to fire the RB coach?  scapegoating at its finest.

Bell and his production was already replaced. Brown is still under contract so if he goes anywhere it’s going to be for a haul. Munchak left because of his family and I don’t and won’t blame him. Juju is better than every receiver on your team by a mile.

connor is decent, injury issues, but his production is nowhere close to bells.  it sufficient tho.  now, i am constantly amused steeler fans still think youre gonna get a boatload of picks for a guy that quit on his team when the playoffs were on the line.  you severely underestimate how poorly he is viewed.  certainly a GM may gamble, this "haul" may not be as much as you think.  JuJU sure looked like a world beater without AB on the other side...rather pedestrian and, yeah, you beat the bungals by 3 🤣

your problem is this...like so many other steeler fans, you live in a bubble.  you think the past dictates the future, that the steelers always figure it out so they will continue to do so.  problem is, the NFL evolved, and the steelers are stuck in the 90's.  take an honest look around you...steelers are the laughing stock of the NFL this year, with a monumental collapse to miss the playoffs in a fashion so unheard of that its making round the clock news coverage...thats not the medias fault, thats their jobs, to report on stories....a story created by your football team.  inmates run the asylum, its outta control and dan lacks the testicular fortitude to do anything about it. One more broken record for the steelers this year...biggest collapse ever at home...

so go ahead and sit there like the latrobe feces smell like roses...real steelers fans are very concerned right now.  

3 hours ago, choco said:

dont need links...why does it matter...

you're in pretty bad denial...tbh

perhaps you should ask some of the other teammates about him...doesn't seem manny sanders, ryan clark have a high opinion of him.  this is the guy that blamed AB for running a bad route when he lost a game by throwing an interception to a fucking nose tackle...🤣

so then you dont follow your team as closely as you think...dont remember the real time stream with harrison, mocking tomlin during the end of year presser?  or how about posting the pic of he and dan after signing his last contract, during dans presser about AB?  he puts out his information through surrogates, and you'd know that if you actually knew something about that team.

true, but you dont know there's no other reason unless you have spoken to munch.  could also be that he wanted outta the circus...could be a little of both.  either way, you lost the only decent coach you had.  hell, ya hired a bengals cast off that got fired for breaking another NFL record...only team to give up 500+ yards of offense in 3 consecutive games.  the peezy firing was a good call...but to fire the RB coach?  scapegoating at its finest.

connor is decent, injury issues, but his production is nowhere close to bells.  it sufficient tho.  now, i am constantly amused steeler fans still think youre gonna get a boatload of picks for a guy that quit on his team when the playoffs were on the line.  you severely underestimate how poorly he is viewed.  certainly a GM may gamble, this "haul" may not be as much as you think.  JuJU sure looked like a world beater without AB on the other side...rather pedestrian and, yeah, you beat the bungals by 3 🤣

your problem is this...like so many other steeler fans, you live in a bubble.  you think the past dictates the future, that the steelers always figure it out so they will continue to do so.  problem is, the NFL evolved, and the steelers are stuck in the 90's.  take an honest look around you...steelers are the laughing stock of the NFL this year, with a monumental collapse to miss the playoffs in a fashion so unheard of that its making round the clock news coverage...thats not the medias fault, thats their jobs, to report on stories....a story created by your football team.  inmates run the asylum, its outta control and dan lacks the testicular fortitude to do anything about it. One more broken record for the steelers this year...biggest collapse ever at home...

so go ahead and sit there like the latrobe feces smell like roses...real steelers fans are very concerned right now.  

I follow the steelers as closely as anyone I know. Hell I pay a subscription fee to read material from one of the steelers scouts. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2019/01/15/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-munchak-denver-broncos-offensive-line-coach/stories/201901150145

Here is a link Choco, you dip shit.

You talk like you run a nfl team, mention the opinions of other teams based on your own bs opinion. You didn't say anything above that isn't 100% based on hersay or your own opinion. Where do you live in Pittsburgh?

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I follow the steelers as closely as anyone I know. Hell I pay a subscription fee to read material from one of the steelers scouts. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2019/01/15/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-munchak-denver-broncos-offensive-line-coach/stories/201901150145

Here is a link Choco, you dip shit.

You talk like you run a nfl team, mention the opinions of other teams based on your own bs opinion. You didn't say anything above that isn't 100% based on hersay or your own opinion. Where do you live in Pittsburgh?

Well.....unlike you, we know how to read between the lines:  "this was all about a family decision....wink, wink, nudge, nudge"   So, he gets to kill two birds with one stone.....go be with his family....and get away from what has become a toxic environment.  Maybe its only a side benefit to get away from the soap opera...but it is a benefit.   To him...and a loss to Pittsburgh.

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....unlike you, we know how to read between the lines:  "this was all about a family decision....wink, wink, nudge, nudge"   So, he gets to kill two birds with one stone.....go be with his family....and get away from what has become a toxic environment.  Maybe its only a side benefit to get away from the soap opera...but it is a benefit.   To him...and a loss to Pittsburgh.

Except his nephew posts on the steeler sub on reddit and said exactly the same. He came back from not getting the head coaching job in Denver and was going to negotiate a new contract with the steelers. Instead the Broncos called again and offered him the offensive line job and he took it. 

Yet another example of you "predicting the demise" of the steelers like you have for the last ten years. Sarrett was promoted immediately and for good reason, he too is a good coach. I'm sorry you and Choco think you are clairvoyant and don't need to read.

9 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Yet another example of you "predicting the demise" of the steelers like you have for the last ten years. Sarrett was promoted immediately and for good reason, he too is a good coach. I'm sorry you and Choco think you are clairvoyant and don't need to read.

And we're sorry most Steeler fans think the (recent) past predicts the future....  Well, hate to break it to you- it doesn't. Ben can't play forever. Another news flash- the Steelers didn't make the playoffs, and the Ravens have a better defense than Pittsburg. Dorsey hit his first draft out of the park, and if he repeats it in April- the Steelers are in BIG trouble via both the Browns and Ravens. Could well be Pittsburgh is going to miss the playoffs two years running...   

46 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And we're sorry most Steeler fans think the (recent) past predicts the future....  Well, hate to break it to you- it doesn't. Ben can't play forever. Another news flash- the Steelers didn't make the playoffs, and the Ravens have a better defense than Pittsburg. Dorsey hit his first draft out of the park, and if he repeats it in April- the Steelers are in BIG trouble via both the Browns and Ravens. Could well be Pittsburgh is going to miss the playoffs two years running...   

We lost shazier to a freak injury otherwise the defense would be infinitely better. Ben is going to play for as long as the offensive line keeps him clean and as it stands the steelers have one of the best in the league. I expect him to sign another 3 to 4 year extension and health permitting will see it through. It's also easy to "hit the draft out of the park" when you draft inside the top 10 every single season vs drafting in the 20's and even still the steelers smacked the watt draft out of the park. How soon it seems you've forgotten seeing as Watt, juju and Connor all came out of that draft.

Archived