THE BROWNS BOARD

Mark Levin on the border wall standoff

OldBrownsFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Uhm look at what is around the shoulder of the man being frisked....😆😆

Does his have an IED over his shoulder? Can someone with an AK not carry an IED? 

Here's a clue I worked at an UN base that was surround by an Afghan training base. There are these things called "training exercise", where they train soldiers on how to search people. 

20 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Does his have an IED over his shoulder? Can someone with an AK not carry an IED? 

Here's a clue I worked at an UN base that was surround by an Afghan training base. There are these things called "training exercise", where they train soldiers on how to search people. 

Here is another clue. Before frisking the body for any hidden weapons first take away any visible weapons. 😄

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Here is another clue. Before frisking the body for any hidden weapons first take away any visible weapons. 😄

Old you know the other guy getting search also has an AK. I guess you think Afghans are stupid, so neither would notice the AKs. 

hey OBF, that picture is useless without context. One thing you "should" be aware of but obviously you're just an insulated ignorant American...but that place is the wild fucking west except dressed differently. Errybody's got weapons. It's basically open carry throughout the entire country. What they're checking for is explosives or parts that could combine to make explosives. AK's are like purse's in parts of the middle east. And ins't that afterall what gun people want here in the U.S? Isn't that the NRA utopia? Since everybody's armed everybody's on a level playing field.....so surely nothing bad could happen. 

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

hey OBF, that picture is useless without context. One thing you "should" be aware of but obviously you're just an insulated ignorant American...but that place is the wild fucking west except dressed differently. Errybody's got weapons. It's basically open carry throughout the entire country. What they're checking for is explosives or parts that could combine to make explosives. AK's are like purse's in parts of the middle east. And ins't that afterall what gun people want here in the U.S? Isn't that the NRA utopia? Since everybody's armed everybody's on a level playing field.....so surely nothing bad could happen. 

On the last part of your rant:

"And ins't that afterall what gun people want here in the U.S? Isn't that the NRA utopia? Since everybody's armed everybody's on a level playing field.....so surely nothing bad could happen."

No we just need to hang more "gun free zone" signs out ...that will stop those bad guys. 

I am sending an email to one of my best friends since 1972 who is Mexican-American born and raised in Eagle Pass, Tx. right on the Rio Grande border across from Piedras Negras. I will see what he thinks about all of this and what he has heard from all of his friends who still reside there. He is probably the best informed and least biased of all sources I can think of to go to for an opinion. All of the news networks carry biases. I'll pass on what he says.

Here's a true story -

a long bunch of years ago - we went to Vegas with friends, her husband was a lot of gambler, we weren't. Had fun at a few shows, spent $30 bucks on the slots, the two Wives won, I lost.:rolleyes:

We all went out to get a bite to eat, and when we got back to our hotel, they went upstairs, we decided to go see the tunnel of lights, whatever it was called, down the street. It was night, about 9 pm, and only a few other couples were walking through besides us.

We were walking through, it's really wide, I think in a square - and as we were amazed at how many lights overhead there were, there was this tall guy headed our direction. We started walking back to the entrance towards our hotel street, and this man walks up.

About 6'4 ? skinny, raggedy, worn out jeans, stained golf shirt with a wrinkled jacket - and when he got up to us, he had his right hand around to his back pocket? and left hand in his left jacket pocket. Said "you have some money you can give me?"

Remember the TV show "Taxi" ? Well, he looked just like the Jim Ignakowsky character. Only very serious and belligerent.

And taller.

hqdefault.jpg

Well, I grinned, kept my Wife on the other side of me, and said: "Sorry, man, we spent it all - we're broke" and I turned us away from him to keep on going... but he quickly moved in closer and in front of us, upset. He was within stabbing range, and what I was feeling - bad adrenalin rush?

He says "come on, you have stuff you can give me"...it's weird to have some derelict desperately quietly saying that to you.

and as I moved my Wife behind me to protect her, well, I don't ever want to feel like that again. But at that very second, there was a rush of air, we freaked for a second, I turned to protect my Wife from whatever was going on, and there was men yelling at this guy by name, and surrounded him. Five undercover policemen surrounded him, he froze in shock, and they were quietly talking to him with their faces two feet away from his. One was speaking into a hidden mic, two policemen in shorts and on bikes roared up, layed their bikes down at full speed, running to get to him.

The one guy, in charge? walked over and quietly apologized, that they wanted everyone to be safe seeing the sights in their city, but this event was occasional, and he was sorry we had that scare happen to us, it was their job to protect guests to their city and to enjoy the rest of our stay.

The homeless crook? was stiff and afraid, probably in shock at how fast they moved. He knew them - they knew him.

Thank God for those great guys. Never found out what weapons he may have had, but we walked back to our hotel, one of the policemen on his bike discreetly followed us, chatting into his mic a few times.

No ccw, no pepper spray, we were just out having fun. Some of the crooks are on drugs, or out of them, addicted, and they will murder you and not be a bit sorry.

I believe the crook was very dangerous. Had a weird look in his eyes.

Thank God for those guys. I think about this every so often, when I hear an illegal just killed someone. At least this guy spoke English. It's just that right out of the blue, wham. Instinctive "fight" because you can't outrun...

It's just that whatever percentage of the illegals it is, they are/can be far more desperate that that dangerous guy was.

I may never learn krav maga, but even ccw - I don't ever want to feel like that again, and I hope some really great, fast undercover police are there again.

Illegals make it more common, and worse. I don't understand spanish, ya know.

BUILD THE WALL.

HUGE: Local TV news station says CNN refused their reporter because he would report that border barriers WORK!

"Well this is interesting. A local TV news station in San Diego is essentially accusing CNN of bias in this border wall debate, saying they refused to air their local reporter because he would explain that the border patrol has told him that border walls really do work.

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown.

KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com.

We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.

We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it.

"Well there you go. This is the behind-the-scenes bias that we always speculate about because of what we see on-air. It’s not just the on-screen talent and the decisions they make, but people who make the decisions on what to air which dictates the news coverage.

Why would they refuse to bring on a reporter who would bolster the president’s argument that border barriers do work, when they were the ones who called to ask for a reporter? Well I think it’s speaks for itself: FAKE NEWS!"

https://therightscoop.com/huge-local-tv-news-station-says-cnn-refused-their-reporter-because-he-would-report-that-border-barrier-work/

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trumps gun control EOs and potential usage of a national crisis will totally not be used in the future by Presidents with opinions that run counter to Republicans.

I believe Trump stole the playbook from Obama (i.e.; DACA).

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

DwptOyGXgAA5UAT.jpg:large

worth a second look.  

Perchance did you check when the Democrats were using border security as a campaign cudgel? 

This is an embarrassment for both parties even though the Republican majority especially in the Senate was a false one. With a tiny lead and a small handful of rinos made the Senate basically a toss-up or democrat controlled depending on how you look at it. Picked They sabotaged themselves too often and it's cost them among the rank-and-file members of the party.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Perchance did you check when the Democrats or using border security as a campaign cudgel? 

This is an embarrassment for both parties even though the Republican majority especially in the Senate was a false one. With a tiny lead and a small handful of rinos made the Senate basically a toss-up or democrat controlled depending on how you look at it. Picked They sabotaged themselves too often and it's cost them among the rank-and-file members of the party.

WSS

Oh I've seen that.  I've just never seen them or a Dem President not pass a budget based on that (to date)      But I have no fear that their jackassery is a comin'.  

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh I've seen that.  I've just never seen them or a Dem President not pass a budget based on that (to date)      But I have no fear that their jackassery is a comin'.  

No doubt. But neither have I seen a lack of compromise as there is now. Matter fact I like it in a way. We have budgetary restraints for a reason. I think in the budget impasse situations of the past somebody should have just said fuck you cut everything in the United States back by 2%.

WSS

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt. But neither have I seen a lack of compromise as there is now. Matter fact I like it in a way. We have budgetary restraints for a reason. I think in the budget impasse situations of the past somebody should have just said fuck you cut everything in the United States back by 2%.

WSS

Senate passed a unanimous bill to keep the government running until Feb and it looked like it was going to pass the House about the same...    Until the President placed a phone call.

Right now this is on him.  I don't always like to point fingers because it doesn't solve much.  However if Congress doesn't want to be hit with that whole 'abdication of duties' bit, it would be best for them to pass the budget and send it to Trump.  IF he wants to sign it then great.  If he wants to veto it, then override that as the last unanimous bit indicates they'll have the votes, and lets fight about the stupid wall when things are actually up and running. 

However what I don't like is ANY President thinking they can declare a national emergency then do as they please.   Being an elected King is not what that position is supposed to reflect.  I've said it a few times on this board and I'll repeat myself now - the condensing and expansion of power within the Executive branch over the last 30 years is a troubling thing to me. 

I think the appropriation bills have to originate in the house...?

Traditionally, though, appropriation bills also originate in the House of Representatives. House appropriations bills begin with "H.R.", meaning "House of Representatives". In reference to revenue bills, the Constitution also states that the "Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."

Archived