THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie's Staff searches

Canton Mike

Meanwhile back at the thread...

We're adding a Defensive QC Coach...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-hire-Saints-Deuce-Schwartz--128454334/

Here's a summary from the short article of our staff so far... not many slots left to fill.

There are not many vacancies remaining on Freddie Kitchens' first coaching staff with the Browns. The team announced Steve Wilks as defensive coordinator, Todd Monken as offensive coordinator, Mike Priefer as special teams coordinator, Stump Mitchell as running backs/run game coordinator, James Campen as offensive line/associate head coach, Ryan Lindley as quarterback coach, Jody Wright as special assistant to the head coach, Jim Dray as offensive quality control coach, Tyler Tettleton as offensive quality control coach, Joe Whitt as pass game coordinator/secondary coach, Al Holcomb as run game coordinator/linebackers coach, Chris Jones as senior defensive assistant, Tosh Lupoi as defensive line coach, John Lilly as tight ends coach, John Parrella as assistant defensive line coach and Jeff Blasko as assistant offensive line coach. In addition, Adam Henry will remain wide receivers coach and DeWayne Walker will remain defensive backs coach.

I'd missed the Jim Dray signing... good to see our last blocking TE coming home.

Also missed the interesting duty mix for Al Holcomb. "Run game Coord/ LB Coach" is an atypical combo. Ditto Joe Whitt's "Pass game/2ndary" combo... Kinda new fangled stuff there. At least I'm not aware of position coaches splitting time between sides of the ball in the past.

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Meanwhile back at the thread...

We're adding a Defensive QC Coach...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-hire-Saints-Deuce-Schwartz--128454334/

Here's a summary from the short article of our staff so far... not many slots left to fill.

I'd missed the Jim Dray signing... good to see our last blocking TE coming home.

Also missed the interesting duty mix for Al Holcomb. "Run game Coord/ LB Coach" is an atypical combo. Ditto Joe Whitt's "Pass game/2ndary" combo... Kinda new fangled stuff there. At least I'm not aware of position coaches splitting time between sides of the ball in the past.

I took it to mean Defensive run game coordinator and Defensive Pass Game coordinator under the Wilks umbrella.

The coaching staff looks great. Even better, Cincy is the last in the door, out there looking for scraps.

Zombo

39 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I took it to mean Defensive run game coordinator and Defensive Pass Game coordinator under the Wilks umbrella.

Makes more sense...

Guess I had a Senior moment... or as I like to call them, "a Flugel."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, Zombo said:

The coaching staff looks great. Even better, Cincy is the last in the door, out there looking for scraps.

Zombo

here's today's Introductory presser from Steve Wilks.. 

Zombo

Well, there's always Jackson & Horton.  🙄

Mike

Zombo

Exactly where we were when Mike Pettine was scrounging around. Combine is in a couple weeks, they probably bought every draft guide they could find. Still don't have a DC (though John Fox is out there), and their first time OC is Brian Callahan, Bill Callahan's son.

This showed up in the Dayton paper, couldn't copy it- but I did find the original article in the Akron Beacon Journal.  May be of interest....  :)  Seems our special teams coach is originally from the Cleveland area, and his Dad coached at Padua....   

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190207/browns-notebook-new-special-teams-coach-mike-priefer-setting-high-bar

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, gumby73 said:

There are at least a couple more wins that could have been had last year had it not been for Famous Amos's STs. Like the DL, I'm glad they understand the major fix that was needed to get us playoff bound.

• Upvote 2