THE BROWNS BOARD

Black sissy "coach" angry over "racist" Keep America Great 2020 banner held by students from another school

calfoxwc

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm really not sure what kind of somatic angle you guys are outraged by. No kidding. Something about slavery or the kneeling protest or what? Or you just mad on GP?

The flag or the anthem protests are specifically a black thing are they not? I wouldn't consider a trump sign a protest but it is a political statement.

Tia, help me out here.

WSS

I don't see the protests as specifically a black thing anymore,  especially considering you have a good amount of white players showing solidarity or belief in said action. 

The Trump sign certainly isn't a protest.  Then again,  staying in a locker room isn't either.  Protest is meant to be seen or participation (lack of) to effect difference.   The anthem went on all the same with or without the team.    

Like I said earlier,  signage is a pretty big deal for most schools and it started back when I was in high school.   

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If I'm at a coffee shop in line with someone else when they make their order and the waitress says 'who ordered the large coffee' - and I point at the guy and say "the black did"....   

How does that come across to you?   Unless you really are trying to be that obtuse? 

Exactly

30 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If I'm at a coffee shop in line with someone else when they make their order and the waitress says 'who ordered the large coffee' - and I point at the guy and say "the black did"....   

How does that come across to you?   Unless you really are trying to be that obtuse? 

Would you still be upset if somebody said the black guy has the large coffee? How about if it's a woman, can you say she had it or does everything have to be gender as well as race-neutral? 

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Would you still be upset if somebody said the black guy has the large coffee? How about if it's a woman, can you say she had it or does everything have to be gender as well as race-neutral? 

WSS

I get where you're going in terms of specific but there is a historical racial tone not just implied but understood when calling anyone by their skin color alone. 

In that same situation if somebody pointed at me and said 'the white'...  That's going to draw a bit of an eye brow raise and look from me.  

54 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

that is baloney - in a social setting - "the black guy..." that is stupid and racist. I was in the Air Force dude. We were all sorts of colors and backgrounds etc. Race was NEVER a problem - except for one time there was this really bad racist kid. (who was black. want me to PM you that story?)

Between more than one coach, referring to an article- where the coach HIMSELF made an issue of his team being predominately black, I am simply surprised that you think this is a "gotcha".

Do you think that that coach would have made a racial issue out of it, if the students holding the sign about Trump 2020 MAGA...had been black ?

Think about that. I was just going with the facts of the situation, I did not bring race into it. You are off base here.

9 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I get where you're going in terms of specific but there is a historical racial tone not just implied but understood when calling anyone by their skin color alone. 

In that same situation if somebody pointed at me and said 'the white'...  That's going to draw a bit of an eye brow raise and look from me.  

Well if so I would think you are being a little bit silly. Take another hypothetical if I'm in Popeyes picking up an order of beans and rice I probably among a very tiny number of white people. Clerk says who has the beans and rice? One of the black guys nods toward me and says the white guy. I think if I'm upset it's because I'm looking for something to be upset about.

Here's an anecdote. 20 years or so ago I was sitting around at a place I played regularly with some of the younger staff and talking about drugs. White kid with a black kid and said he'd never tried marijuana. I asked him seriously? He said yes is that strange a black man who's never tried marijuana? I laughed because it didn't occur to me and I told him no a twenty-two-year-old that's never tried marijuana.

I think it causes more problems than it solves when everybody feels Justified in being angry with everybody else.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well if so I would think you are being a little bit silly. Take another hypothetical if I'm in Popeyes picking up an order of beans and rice I probably among a very tiny number of white people. Clerk says who has the beans and rice? One of the black guys nods toward me and says the white guy. I think if I'm upset it's because I'm looking for something to be upset about.

Here's an anecdote. 20 years or so ago I was sitting around at a place I played regularly with some of the younger staff and talking about drugs. White kid with a black kid and said he'd never tried marijuana. I asked him seriously? He said yes is that strange a black man who's never tried marijuana? I laughed because it didn't occur to me and I told him no a twenty-two-year-old that's never tried marijuana.

I think it causes more problems than it solves when everybody feels Justified in being angry with everybody else.

WSS

Youve ignored my point.  I've been called white guy or white boy before with zero implicit vile towards my skin color.  Grammatically speaking just calling someone by a widely accepted adjective isn't even accurate in the English language - the combination of adjective and noun being more appropriate (speaking technically only) since you wish to be that specific.  

Calling someone,  white,  black,  asain, whatever by skin color alone simply doesn't roll off the tongue kosher,  yes?  

And if it does to you,  then I propose a little social experiment where i  invite you and Cal for coffee or a drink and we'll test the reception between white guy and white.   Then conversely between black guy and black. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

that is baloney - in a social setting - "the black guy..." that is stupid and racist. I was in the Air Force dude. We were all sorts of colors and backgrounds etc. Race was NEVER a problem - except for one time there was this really bad racist kid. (who was black. want me to PM you that story?)

Between more than one coach, referring to an article- where the coach HIMSELF made an issue of being black, and his team being predominately black, I am simply surprised that you think this is a "gotcha".

The race was already estblished IN THE ARTICLE. and the COACH HIMSELF MADE RACE THE ISSUE WITH HIS TEAM.

The inference is - he doesn't like Pres Trump, and the kids holding the sign were white.

I ask again, a bit different - do you think the coach would have made this any kind of issue, if the kids holding the political sign ....

had been black and the sign said "Obamao in 2016" ?

Nope. I don't think so at all.

THAT is the point.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Alright,  boys... I appreciate the chat and courteous dialogue but I'm going to have to bow out.   You have to be trolling me because there's no way the both of you are misunderstanding me or that socially ill-equipped. 

no obtuse biz, you're just wrong. race was brought up in the article, BY THAT COACH. It would be racist to bring up race in a social setting.

But that is not the story here. The coach who is whining, is making RACE his issue. The article explains that the COACH WHO IS MAKING RACE AN ISSUE, is also black.

The coach started the issue. The coach makes his team being mostly black, an issue.

I'm referring to facts established in the article.

Sorry, not buying what yer sellin.

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Youve ignored my point.  I've been called white guy or white boy before with zero implicit vile towards my skin color.  Grammatically speaking just calling someone by a widely accepted adjective isn't even accurate in the English language - the combination of adjective and noun being more appropriate (speaking technically only) since you wish to be that specific.  

Calling someone,  white,  black,  asain, whatever by skin color alone simply doesn't roll off the tongue kosher,  yes?  

And if it does to you,  then I propose a little social experiment where i  invite you and Cal for coffee or a drink and we'll test the reception between white guy and white.   Then conversely between black guy and black. 

So you're beef isspecifically about the inclusion or subtraction of the word guy? 

Uh, OK.

WSS

wait, if I'm at a coffee shop, and the waitress asks "who order the large black coffee?",

and I say "that guy"...

that's racist?

dammit. learn somethin every day.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Alright,  boys... I appreciate the chat and courteous dialogue but I'm going to have to bow out.   You have to be trolling me because there's no way the both of you are misunderstanding me or that socially ill-equipped. 

You hope they're trolling, but unfortunately they're not...

"The black guy" vs "the black"

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

He wouldn't say white guy, he'd be sayin white boy.

Archived