THE BROWNS BOARD

Potential cuts and trades

darren15

On 1/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, nickers said:

They can start by getting rid of Jamie Collins and "Chrissy" Kirksey.. They both SUCK!

why ? collins always stepped up in big games and i for see a lot of those next season and kirksey fills his role

who would you replace them with ?

On 1/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, nickers said:

They can start by getting rid of Jamie Collins and "Chrissy" Kirksey.. They both SUCK!

Unless they find a trade partner for Kirksey he will be on the roster we don't save any money by cutting him.

I actually think he just had a down year due to injuries he's proved that he can play before.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

I know this thread is talking about potential cuts from our team or trades from our team but I just saw one of our potentially big Targets in free agency is linebacker Anthony Barr from the Minnesota Vikings. Which if we can get him he is a Difference Maker

Barr is highly coveted, will prob end up in GB. And getting rid of both jamie and kirk? Why would we blow open massive holes in our Def like that? Didnt we see this year how letting danny, jamie and brantley go just cornholed our run containment and likely cost us a trip to the playoffs......? U dont cut even moderately productive players unless u have something better to immediately replace them with. I can see letting one or the other go, but god not both. That would leave us with schoert, vallejo (who i do think has potential) and then genard as the olb'er who fits more the 34 role. Under no circumstances do we let both go even if we get Barr.....which is a long shot

On 1/26/2019 at 7:04 PM, ATOM said:

why ? collins always stepped up in big games and i for see a lot of those next season and kirksey fills his role

who would you replace them with ?

Collins takes a lot of plays off..Chrissy just flat out blows...

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

so um who are you going to replace them with

Dorsey will replace them with better players...

Kirksey may be on the roster but only as a backup.. for whatever reason he wildly regressed in the time he did play last season.

Collins was traded away by NE for a reason - freelancing every play is neither effective nor reliable.

These two just can't be relied upon for the 2019 season  They'd be good backups but you don't spend 15M on two non-starter salaries.

Many good LB's are available such as Onwuasor, Jordan Hicks, Denzel Perriman, KJ Wright, Zadarius Smith, Thomas Davis.

56 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Kirksey may be on the roster but only as a backup.. for whatever reason he wildly regressed in the time he did play last season.

Again the only way Kirksey is not on roster is if we trade him. Cutting him saves us absolutely no money. And if NFL teams share your view on him no one's going to trade for a guy that is going to need to be paid 15 million dollars when he can't even crack a starting lineup

Archived