THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Season Tickets- the NFL has gone Millennial

hoorta

And I'm not happy. As I expected, Jimmuh is making up for lost time raising prices. The speculated 7% is low in our case. Went from $95 to $110.  That's not what's bothering me.

Going to all digital tickets? That's a problem for us oldsters. A little background history. I don't consider myself a computer illiterate. I took several college level courses on computer operating systems and ancillary software programs.  But this past year going to the Texans game was another story. Had to get a digital ticket to the game from Vivid Seats. It only took me around four hours spread over two days, two calls to the Texans ticket office, and loading the Houston Texans app on my phone- which I hated to do (I try to keep my phone as app free as humanly possible) to finally say- mission accomplished.  Easy? Like hell!!!!  Hey Browns fans- just make sure you load our Browns app on your phone, it will make it easy! So what if I don't want to? That shouldn't be a necessity to go to one of the games I'm paying you $110 for.  I was getting daily notifications from the Texans I had to waste time  deleting, before I removed their app I'm around 95% certain I'll never use again, and my Texans ticket account...  

I'm having my lifelong good pal call the Browns CSR (he's the ticket holder of record) to ask them what they plan on doing if you don't own a smartphone. It will create a hassle for him transferring my two tickets over from his account. I could pay the $50 bucks and have the tickets put in my name, but then I'd lose all of our 35+ years of seniority...   And thinking about it- won't framing that QR code on the wall when the Browns get to their first playoff game bring back fond memories? NOT!!!  ☹️☹️☹️

OK, Rant over....  

I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

14 minutes ago, kvozel said:

Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  😂

Was about to say the same lol. I remember Larry mentioning something that night about the digital tickets. It was different not having a physical ticket but just opening the internet on my phone and having them scan it was kinda nice. 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

The scalper thing I had not thought of. Bet that pissed them off. 

31 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I prefer digital tickets.

Only downside I see is that you don't have that paper ticket momento from a big game you were at.

Zombo

I prefer the digital tickets too & few here would be worse than I when it comes to technology. LOL

Mike

2 hours ago, kvozel said:

Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  😂

It's an unmitigated disaster...  :D 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Gipper, some of us are going to have to  complain to the Browns it's a violation of the AWCDA. Americans With Cellphone Dislike Act...   It never occured to me this will effectively put scalpers out of business....  Or was that the plan all along? And I am not putting Google wallet on my phone either!  People are entirely too trusting of the security on their cell phones... FWIW, my phone is a little more sophisticated than the Jitterbug AARP advertises in their publications. Seems like the younger crowd feels the need to have their phone glued to their body 24\7.  Not having it around results in an immediate feeling of helplessness...  

And for those who are guffawing at us oldsters who have the quaint idea of liking paper tickets... I'd bet the ranch the number of season ticket holders on the high side of 60 is at least double of those who are under 30....  

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And for those who are guffawing at us oldsters who have the quaint idea of liking paper tickets... I'd bet the ranch the number of season ticket holders on the high side of 60 is at least double of those who are under 30....  

I'm 72 & my 2018 paper tickets (last year for paper) will still be in sheet form & framed on my ManCave wall soon. I have forgotten my tickets before & had to get them printed at Guest Services. I NEVER forget my phone & with a pocket charger, I never have to worry about the phone being dead.

Mike

3 hours ago, kvozel said:

My good friend Larry just needs to move into the 20th century.

"Your going to do the extra work yourself & pay extra for it.. Larry! Larry! Larry!"

Not all technology is progress...   Believe it or not, there are still people living in the United States who don't have cable or satellite- or cell phones.                

8 hours ago, choco said:

wait till you have 60k people all burning bandwidth to try and bring up the tickets.  hows the wifi in teh stadium? XD

If you have an iPhone you should be able to load them into your apple wallet (app already on the iPhone) and no WiFi/data used. But I’m only 53 and if it wasn’t for my kids I wouldn’t have known that 😜

6 hours ago, 5150k9 said:

If you have an iPhone you should be able to load them into your apple wallet (app already on the iPhone) and no WiFi/data used. But I’m only 53 and if it wasn’t for my kids I wouldn’t have known that 😜

Yeah, and if you have an Android, my pal's 30 something son showed me how to take a screenshot of the QR code. It saves to your pictures. No wifi necessary. Doesn't mean I have to like doing it that way. 😉 I'll adapt, you can still teach this old dog new tricks.

Remains to be seen how you would have to handle 40 Browns Backers that you bought group tickets for. Loading tickets on that many different phones compared to paper would be a relative pain in the a$$. 

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

How did you get notice of your increase? Ive revieved no info on mine but expect it.....

Where are your seats. Some did not increase. For example, mine are in the north side upper level, section 536, row 19, seats 25 & 26 on the aisle. Only the 4 sections closest to the 50 were increased. That would be sections 532, 533, 534, & 535. I renewed mine last night.

Mike

15 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Where are your seats. Some did not increase. For example, mine are in the north side upper level, section 536, row 19, seats 25 & 26 on the aisle. Only the 4 sections closest to the 50 were increased. That would be sections 532, 533, 534, & 535. I renewed mine last night.

Mike

I’m in 136 

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

How did you get notice of your increase? I've received no info on mine but expect it.....

As I mentioned, I'm not the season ticket holder of record...  but my lifelong friend is...  You should have gotten an email by now. If not, call the ticket office- possible the email wound up in your SPAM filter...  Here's what Don received- in part....  

"We appreciate your consistent loyalty and passion as a Cleveland Browns Season Ticket Member, and we look forward to you returning to FirstEnergy Stadium this year. While we made significant progress last season, our entire organization is striving each day to improve with the goal of ultimately providing the championship-caliber team you and the NFL’s best fans deserve. 

Last season, Browns fans played a key role in the team posting our second-best record at home (5-2-1) since 1999, including three consecutive wins to close the season. You helped create an exceptional experience for our players and coaches, and we believe that we can build off that energy and momentum together to establish one of the league’s best home field advantages this upcoming season.

Your 2019 season ticket membership renewal information is now available online. As a reminder, this year’s renewal process will be completely digital and is only accessible through our membership renewal website or via your Account Manager (you will not be receiving an invoice in the mail). Please note, in 2019, all fans will exclusively use mobile tickets and are encouraged to access them through the Browns Mobile App (click here to download the app)."

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Ouch! You got raised. I believe all in the lower bowl were raised.

Mike

We're in 111, and got raised $15 per seat per game...  Even with the price increase, relative to the rest of the NFL, our tickets aren't extortion level. An equivalent seat for the Patriots, Cowboys or Giants would run at least $75, and probably $100 more...  

On 2/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, hoorta said:

It's an unmitigated disaster...  :D 

Gipper, some of us are going to have to  complain to the Browns it's a violation of the AWCDA. Americans With Cellphone Dislike Act...   It never occured to me this will effectively put scalpers out of business....  Or was that the plan all along? And I am not putting Google wallet on my phone either!  People are entirely too trusting of the security on their cell phones... FWIW, my phone is a little more sophisticated than the Jitterbug AARP advertises in their publications. Seems like the younger crowd feels the need to have their phone glued to their body 24\7.  Not having it around results in an immediate feeling of helplessness...  

I just got t he top of the line black flip phone with 1 inch screen!

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I just got t he top of the line black flip phone with 1 inch screen!

That's what I mean. I asked Don to call his CSR and ask them how they're going to accommodate season ticket holders who don't have cellphones. There has to be a few. Buy them phones and wireless service? Don't think so. :)

Though that email from the Browns is assuming everyone now has Internet service. Hey, we can save at least $15,000 sending out billing notices electronically, instead of using snail mail. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, Canton Mike said:

I'm 72 & my 2018 paper tickets (last year for paper) will still be in sheet form & framed on my ManCave wall soon. I have forgotten my tickets before & had to get them printed at Guest Services. I NEVER forget my phone & with a pocket charger, I never have to worry about the phone being dead.

Mike

And then you dropped your phone and it broke. :D Still would have to go to the ticket office. I realize season ticket holders get special treatment. If you're not, in that situation or your phone is out of juice (once upon a time, was trying to contact Zombo who's phone was dead) you're screwed.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, hoorta said:

And I'm not happy. As I expected, Jimmuh is making up for lost time raising prices. The speculated 7% is low in our case. Went from $95 to $110.  That's not what's bothering me.

Going to all digital tickets? That's a problem for us oldsters. A little background history. I don't consider myself a computer illiterate. I took several college level courses on computer operating systems and ancillary software programs.  But this past year going to the Texans game was another story. Had to get a digital ticket to the game from Vivid Seats. It only took me around four hours spread over two days, two calls to the Texans ticket office, and loading the Houston Texans app on my phone- which I hated to do (I try to keep my phone as app free as humanly possible) to finally say- mission accomplished.  Easy? Like hell!!!!  Hey Browns fans- just make sure you load our Browns app on your phone, it will make it easy! So what if I don't want to? That shouldn't be a necessity to go to one of the games I'm paying you $110 for.  I was getting daily notifications from the Texans I had to waste time  deleting, before I removed their app I'm around 95% certain I'll never use again, and my Texans ticket account...  

I'm having my lifelong good pal call the Browns CSR (he's the ticket holder of record) to ask them what they plan on doing if you don't own a smartphone. It will create a hassle for him transferring my two tickets over from his account. I could pay the $50 bucks and have the tickets put in my name, but then I'd lose all of our 35+ years of seniority...   And thinking about it- won't framing that QR code on the wall when the Browns get to their first playoff game bring back fond memories? NOT!!!  ☹️☹️☹️

OK, Rant over....  

My seats remained the same, and at $155 each I was glad.  I don't even know what they mean by digital tickets.

I was going to say the same.  I know what a digital ticket is.  Pull up your account the day before and screenshot the tickets.  Don't wait to do it half drunk, standing in the rain while in line.

I talked to my rep.  today. He explained that 20 teams went this way last year and the NFL is making the others do the same.  There will be no more printed tickets for NFL games.  There is a big problem with print at home tickets.  People can make multiple copies and sell them.  The first one to get to the gate is the winner, the other stuck at the gate holding a sheet of paper for which they just paid $100. 

All of your tickets will be loaded in to your account..  Pull them up as you need them.  I'd screen shot them the night before so you aren't dicking around while half drunk trying to access you account.

Go access your account and you will find it pretty easy.  No tickets are loaded at this point, but it looks pretty easy.

Go to your account and snoop around.

Archived