THE BROWNS BOARD

Beatoff O'Rourke

Westside Steve

18 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Congress approved the Affordable Care Act but declaring a national emergency and circumventing Congressional approval is basically the same thing.

Do you believe there's a downside to the ACA? I don't think there's necessarily a down side to the wall unless somebody expects it to be a Panacea.

WSS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Do you believe there's a downside to the ACA? I don't think there's necessarily a down side to the wall unless somebody expects it to be a Panacea.

WSS

I do believe the ACA is flawed but I also believe spending $8 Billion on a symbol is a joke.  But that is off topic.  The point that was made is Congress approving the ACA is the same as the president circumventing Congressional approval.

32 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Congress approved the Affordable Care Act but declaring a national emergency and circumventing Congressional approval is basically the same thing.

Barry claimed more than a dozen national emergencies during his tenure, but none to the benefit of the U.S.

Funny the Dems used the term “Affordable” in their quest of socialized medicine.

I’m working with people that are now paying $1200 a month for their healthcare insurance.

Affordable? For whom...the welfare recipients that are receiving it free?

I’m happy a judge deemed the ACA unconstitutional.

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Barry claimed more than a dozen national emergencies during his tenure, but none to the benefit of the U.S.

1) he claimed "exactly" 12

2) one of them was over the h1n1 or ebola outbreak 

3) the rest were sanctions imposed on countries like yemen and venezuela for human rights violations. And most of u here have huge boners right now for troops in venezuela. 

4) i know ive suggested this before but u really should do ur homework better

5) i just slammed some fuckin guys, im like fuckin high from it...🤪

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

He had 13 (which is more than a dozen...you’re welcome).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/15/what-exactly-is-national-emergency-heres-what-that-means-what-happens-next/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.99138f1c371d

The majority of them were blocking property or prohibiting travel.

3) the rest were sanctions imposed on countries like yemen and venezuela for human rights violations. And most of u here have huge boners right now for troops in Venezuela 

And this benefits the US how?

Looks like you need to stop posting while drinking and/or smoking and take your own advice.

Were they transgender?

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

in Africa

3) the rest were sanctions imposed on countries like yemen and venezuela for human rights violations. And most of u here have huge boners right now for troops in venezuela. 

but not you? It would seem your opposition to third world outrage is situational.

and I'm sure it's suggested that you think more than just taking the opposite of what the people you dislike say.

you seem high, weed? Crack? Booze?

WSS

5 hours ago, Axe said:

And let's not forget about this little nugget of liberal brilliance

52165104_10218351470326309_9123099140497

I watched the clip to see if it was legitimately that stupid or taken out of context

It was legitimately that stupid

That's what happens when lawyers run shit they know nothing about

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I watched the clip to see if it was legitimately that stupid or taken out of context

It was legitimately that stupid

That's what happens when lawyers run shit they know nothing about

Actually that's what happens when identity politics when's elections.

WSS

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure

Identify with the black idiot

Identify with the white idiot

Identify with the female idiot

Identify with the Christian idiot

Yes. Or homosexual etc etc. But remember I don't think there's ever been a real election between a Christian and an atheist.

WSS

On 2/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Funny the Dems used the term “Affordable” in their quest of socialized medicine.

I’m working with people that are now paying $1200 a month for their healthcare insurance.

Affordable? For whom...the welfare recipients that are receiving it free?

I’m happy a judge deemed the ACA unconstitutional.

President Obama did not declare a National Emergency to fund Obamacare, ACA, Affordable Care Act...whatever you want to call it.  That is the point.  

7 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

President Obama did not declare a National Emergency to fund Obamacare, ACA, Affordable Care Act...whatever you want to call it.  That is the point.  

That's true. The simple majority avalanche is different than declaring a national emergency. I'm not sure that the simple majority Genie will ever get back in the bottle, but the National Emergency isn't really groundbreaking.

WSS

47 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The point is Democrats ran it up our ass.

Border wall a complex issue for 2020 prospect Beto O'Rourke

AOL.COM 44 mins ago

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — When President Donald Trump visited Beto O'Rourke's hometown to argue that walling off the southern border would make the U.S. safer, the former Democratic congressman and possible 2020 presidential hopeful was ready.

As the president filled an El Paso arena with supporters, O'Rourke helped lead thousands of his own on a protest march past the barrier of barbed-wire topped fencing and towering metal slats that separates El Paso from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

O'Rourke clearly hopes to make his personal experience with the border a strength if he runs for president — and the battle over billions of dollars in new fortifications may well shape the 2020 campaign.

But O'Rourke's history with the barriers that have lined the Rio Grande since he was a child actually could be a bit of vulnerability, too.

RELATED: Beto O'Rourke throughout his career

dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.blogcdn.com%2Fslideshows%2Fimages%2Fslides%2F751%2F928%2F6%2FS7519286%2Fslug%2Fl%2Fdemocratic-freshmen-members-1.jpg&thumbnail=1024%2C594%2Cauto%2Ctop&client=9edbd6006e804a7cbc86&signature=b30a2651686c299c51e606429af045bbf7cd8b4eslideshowbutton.png

As the 2020 campaign is joined, other top Democrats can oppose Trump's call for more and larger walls as a straightforward wedge issue — something they say shows anti-immigrant feeling, intolerance and even racism.

But O'Rourke's record on border walls is complicated. In March, he supported a spending package that other leading Democratic contenders opposed and included $1.6 billion for border wall construction in Texas' Rio Grande Valley. Buried in that was $44.5 million for repairs of existing fencing elsewhere — including El Paso.

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Border wall a complex issue for 2020 prospect Beto O'Rourke

AOL.COM 44 mins ago

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — When President Donald Trump visited Beto O'Rourke's hometown to argue that walling off the southern border would make the U.S. safer, the former Democratic congressman and possible 2020 presidential hopeful was ready.

As the president filled an El Paso arena with supporters, O'Rourke helped lead thousands of his own on a protest march past the barrier of barbed-wire topped fencing and towering metal slats that separates El Paso from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

O'Rourke clearly hopes to make his personal experience with the border a strength if he runs for president — and the battle over billions of dollars in new fortifications may well shape the 2020 campaign.

But O'Rourke's history with the barriers that have lined the Rio Grande since he was a child actually could be a bit of vulnerability, too.

RELATED: Beto O'Rourke throughout his career

dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.blogcdn.com%2Fslideshows%2Fimages%2Fslides%2F751%2F928%2F6%2FS7519286%2Fslug%2Fl%2Fdemocratic-freshmen-members-1.jpg&thumbnail=1024%2C594%2Cauto%2Ctop&client=9edbd6006e804a7cbc86&signature=b30a2651686c299c51e606429af045bbf7cd8b4eslideshowbutton.png

As the 2020 campaign is joined, other top Democrats can oppose Trump's call for more and larger walls as a straightforward wedge issue — something they say shows anti-immigrant feeling, intolerance and even racism.

But O'Rourke's record on border walls is complicated. In March, he supported a spending package that other leading Democratic contenders opposed and included $1.6 billion for border wall construction in Texas' Rio Grande Valley. Buried in that was $44.5 million for repairs of existing fencing elsewhere — including El Paso.

Image result for what me worry meme?

Archived