THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Shopping Duke and Ogbah

darren15

The Browns are shopping both Ogbah and Duke Johnson ......

If we lose Duke and Hunt is suspended who backs up Chubb ? 

Draft ?   FA like CJ Anderson ?

They would like a 3rd round pick for each ..... or use them to move up in 2nd round .....swapping picks ....imagine one is used to get up to say 5 in the 2nd round then the other is used to move up 6 spots to back in the 1st round .......we would just change Dorsey's name to 

draft-day-kevin-costner-636-380.jpg

54 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Crow got cut this morning.. could do a lot worse for the vet min.

I don't want that asswiper back here. Let him play in one of those fake leagues.

Mike

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

The Browns like Hilliard.  We might still draft a back to stash.

Now we've made the "big" trade and knowing Hunt will be out at least 6 games, I'm a bit unsure of why we'd be looking to move Duke for what I think his value would be (3rd round pick at most). Having him as the primary back-up for 1/3rd of the season seems to be strongly worth the nominal cap hit ($3.5 million) especially cause Chubb is cheap too.

Ogbah I'm more "meh" on, but seeing as he's a UFA next year it would actually be a good thing for him to move somewhere to get more reps. Trust Dorsey on this one though, could be more a player for player trade.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Both Duke and Ogbah are expendable, Duke will get less touches following the big trade and Hilliard is more than capable being a backup till Hunt is ready.Ogbah played his way off this team with his non production 

3 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Both Duke and Ogbah are expendable, Duke will get less touches following the big trade and Hilliard is more than capable being a backup till Hunt is ready.Ogbah played his way off this team with his non production 

Either move would weaken us in my opinion.....depending what we get in return.

Of course, these moves could be just another one of these "these aren't my guys" deals.  

GMs always seem to think that the guys that they bring in are better than guys that were here before them.  It is why the Browns have had so much turnover turmoil since 2000.  (except, of course, Joe Thomas).

Now, at least with Dorsey, we have some confidence that perhaps he could be right in his evaluations.  But I am still not hip to the practice.

Agree... on the field Hunt laps Duke's value in the same role.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Crow got cut this morning.. could do a lot worse for the vet min.

Also Carlos Hyde was cut by JAX...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... on the field Hunt laps Duke's value in the same role.

Also Carlos Hyde was cut by JAX...

Hyde got a new team

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

1) Now we've made the "big" trade and knowing Hunt will be out at least 6 games, I'm a bit unsure of why we'd be looking to move Duke for what I think his value would be (3rd round pick at most). Having him as the primary back-up for 1/3rd of the season seems to be strongly worth the nominal cap hit ($3.5 million) especially cause Chubb is cheap too.

2) Ogbah I'm more "meh" on, but seeing as he's a UFA next year it would actually be a good thing for him to move somewhere to get more reps. Trust Dorsey on this one though, could be more a player for player trade.

1) We don't know that yet- but did the League tell Dorsey something we don't know?  https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/14/browns-rb-kareem-hunts-suspension-might-not-long-expected/

2) If we can get anything for Duke or Ogbah, I say ship 'em assuming they have any value. Duke might, Ogbah not so much.  

I would think that both the Eagles and Falcons would be big players for Duke, especially the Falcons after losing Coleman and having Freeman as the starter whos constantly hurt. I think Duke could be Sproles 2.0 for the Eagles. Duke is going to put up big numbers if a team actually uses him. 

Am not a big fan of shipping/trading rotational depth to any team but us at this point..Dukes on a good deal that JD (or Sashi?) inked & he can still produce till trading deadline which Hunt may return to play..Am not sure why the Browns would ask RB Devin Singletary at combine to work with WR drills too? Than Devin does well in both..ya Gotta think it means something to JD's draft evaluation team? Devin sits around #65 in prospects..As for Manny Ogbah. I remember posting a topic on Ogbah back at his draft time at Okie St. Loved the way the guy played but he was not polished at the position. By now the guy should know more techniques than just bull hush..Maybe Wilks can get retired Julius Peppers to work with Ogbah? Last year of OB's rookie deal, I'd try to keep OB as depth to Vernon..Smith as depth to Myles.. I don't see neither as being bell cows for any team right now. So why not us? But as many GM's...Dorsey does like his drafting label name on his products..but I've enjoyed watching these 2 play.. 

Don't trade Kong. Keep Ogbah and let him earn a new contract here. He's good. 

9 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Not after the fuck you he gave after getting shipped 

And using the ball wiping his ass after a TD..,, In front of Cleve fans in the stands

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Am not sure why the Browns would ask RB Devin Singletary at combine to work with WR drills too? Than Devin does well in both..ya Gotta think it means something to JD's draft evaluation team?

Yup.. if we are truly interested, then why display his versatility for all to see when you could work him in private at WR???

9 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Duke is going to put up big numbers if a team actually uses him. 

Sir.... I will take some of that action.

Archived