THE BROWNS BOARD

Who would you pick as an OT for the Browns ?

calfoxwc

assuming your first pick is a lb or db, or maybe Jeffrey Simmons if he falls to them..

what offensive tackle do you think would fit the Browns 3rd round or later?

Here's a few offensive tackles to start:

TREY PIPKINS, OT, Sious Falls (my favorite pick)

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-sioux-falls/2019/03/06/university-sioux-falls-trey-pipkins-turned-heads-nfl-scouting-combine/3050864002/

Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU (okay, also a favorite pick)

Oli Udoh, OT/OG, Elon

Josiah Tonu, OT/OG, Southern Oregon

Hunter Sallila, OT/OG, Merrimack

Kenneth Trezvant, OT/OG, Briar Cliff University, (Note: 6'5, 390 lbs)

Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois

Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

Elgton Jenkins, OG/OT/C, Mississippi State

Tyler Jones, OT, NC State

Greg Senat, OT, Wagner

Brandon Parker, OT, A&T

none Of them. Since our tackles are shaky already we don’t need to waste a pick to bring in a rookie tackle when we all know that 90% they are horrid the first year or two and if they’re not busts they take like 3 years to develop to around average or above average play. 

Either you’re sure the guys the next Mitchell Schwartz or you find a guy another team gets rid of as a cap casualty to compete. Cuz our tackles are suspect as hell im tellin ya now. 

51 minutes ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

Cuz our tackles are were suspect as hell im tellin ya now. 

Tape of the 2nd half of our season removed most all the doubt.

Robinson was surprisingly competent and Hubbard, who I expected more of, was surprisingly above average.

They aren't studs, but they'll do.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

assuming your first pick is a lb or db, or maybe Jeffrey Simmons if he falls to them..

what offensive tackle do you think would fit the Browns 3rd round or later?

Here's a few offensive tackles to start:

TREY PIPKINS, OT, Sious Falls (my favorite pick)

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-sioux-falls/2019/03/06/university-sioux-falls-trey-pipkins-turned-heads-nfl-scouting-combine/3050864002/

Oli Udoh, OT/OG, Elon

Cal am going to go slowly on your opinion on Pipkins..1) I had a great interest in watching the Shrine Bowl for a small school guy around me Oli Udoh of Elon. 2) most the tv media's job is to sell these guys to the NfL. Their Combine badgering of numbers maybe there most misleading. 3) I watched Pipkins struggle worse than Oli at Shrine Bowl getting beat by guys named Jelks,Brailford & Justin Hollins..4.) It was great to watch my deciding factor of Oli & Pipkins getting a invite to the Senior Bowl practices..imho, they were Both over their Heads against better players..  5) in closing at the tackle position, am watching to see if Greg Little or Dalton Risner fall to 2nd round? T Mitch Hyatt of Clemson would not be a reach in 4th or 5th round.. Just one guys opinion, but watch* Pipkins or Udoh at the senior bowl week.  *with no tv volume,just tape..there is a reason in both games they were both moved to G's..Browns can't make that mistake again..we have gazoo's of Guards..  

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

T Mitch Hyatt of Clemson

Not my mystery man (no comment on cal's laundry list), but I kinda like Hyatt. Only a 6'5 frame, but 34"+ arms and he moves really well as showed in a very nice 3-cone.

Right now he's a road-grader who lacks a PassPro skillset, but as well as he moves he should be teachable.

Reminds me a little of a project OT the Browns once took much earlier in the draft than Mitch will go... name was Rich Schultz or Yatch Smultz or something like that. :)

It's really tough because the really solid OT's are needed and highly valued pretty quickly in the first round.

I was just wondering - sure glad Dorsey genuinely knows what real talent is.

6 hours ago, Rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

none Of them. Since our tackles are shaky already we don’t need to waste a pick to bring in a rookie tackle when we all know that 90% they are horrid the first year or two and if they’re not busts they take like 3 years to develop to around average or above average play. 

Either you’re sure the guys the next Mitchell Schwartz or you find a guy another team gets rid of as a cap casualty to compete. Cuz our tackles are suspect as hell im tellin ya now. 

...I hear ya.  At last year's TC Jackson had the OL coach going to plan 'Z' at tackle.

You're saying that the drop-off from mid to high 1st round tackles to 2nd & 3rd rounders is so huge that you might as well just take a pot shot at a 6th, 7th or undrafted guy.  That's a theory.

I'm concerned about our OL...because now we have the RG to cross our fingers about too.

Interesting:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-nfl-draft-senior-bowl-bzbz

Tytus Howard, Alabama State OL

Many were curious about Howard entering the Senior Bowl. The story of how he went from a high school QB to arriving at Alabama State as a tight end to now being a 6-foot-6, 311-pound offensive lineman was well reported. He put that athletic ability on display and drew great reviews while also moving into some Top 10 OL rankings.

What they said: "We know OT Tytus Howard has the feet to play tackle in the NFL, but it’s great to see this type of physicality from him." - Dane Brugler said in a tweet

Archived