THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas debating bill allowing death penalty against women who have abortions

Vambo

yeah that'll go over well. Peeps really want a civil war...y'all think it'll blow over in a few years like last time. This timw, the u.s goes down fir "generations". 

i for one if i had a wife or daughter who got raped and was denied an abortion, it would be war.....its gonna happen to. People are gonna flip the fuck out snd all of a suddeb all the guns out abd about you'll be thinkibg twice about when people cant go to church on sundays without the spectre of an active shooter that looks perfectly caucasian. You'll not see em coming.

it isn't the dumbest by any stretch - not taking into account rape etc, is wrong - but, if you make an exception to rape,

girls who didn't care if they got pregnant or not, will say they were raped to get an abortion "didn't know their attacker" and it

will happen all the time.

So... I would think, that if a woman is raped, she would have that taken care of way, way, way before heartbeat stage.

The video is horrific - the irrationality of that gal's emotional argument liberal extremely ignorant and hypocritical.

It's similar to liberals emotionally opposing the death penalty, but supporting the murder of unborn, and BORN children.

The difference to the young college student - support that child who is dying after that long selfish journey to get free welfare etc.....

because that child doesn't impose on the young student's lifestyle. But, if she gets pregnant - she doesn't want any consequences - as in, pregnancy/having a child - to ruin her good time.

something like that. Without a moral compass - there is no depths that lost souls won't sink to. Our laws are based on Christian law - that is how the Founding Fathers intended it. It works. No law, no morals, no society survives.

So far, I refuse to believe that half of our America has sunk to nazi brownshirt levels.

fetal heartbeat can be as early as 22 days which is 3 weeks. Or as late 6-7 weeks. This is why this bill is "likely" to be invalidated by a court...because there's too much lee way in the wording. 22 days is well within a womans period. She easily could not know she's pregnant. Im tentatively ok with a ban after 6 months except in cases of extreme health concern. But the problem is conservatives will always push for more.....EXACTLY like how liberals say oh we only want large caps on assault rifles banned then they want assault rifles banned all together then so and so on. The middle of the country needs to step up and essentially ban both parties. 

if a woman is raped, i'm no expert, but can't that be resolved in just a few days to prevent any pregnancy that might result?

Is there an expert in the "house" ?

Just to be the Devil's Advocate and from a purely moral is it a human being or isn't it standpoint.

Let's say the fetus at some point is a human being, okay?  And if killing that human being, that's a viable human being, should be considered murder. What  has that child done to deserve to be killed? 

Those of you who believed that history began farther back than 50 years keep in mind that probably every one of us is the product of rape many centuries ago because that's how human beings conquered other lands.

Also, since it will be a pretty simple thing for a Dame to say is that she's been raped and wants it abortion, should she not have to give evidence as to who committed the actual forcible rape and shouldn't law enforcement get a DNA sample and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law?

Also one would think that if a woman has been forcibly raped the very next day the morning after pill would be in order. For what reason should anybody wait ? It's perfectly legal easily obtainable and cheap.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just to be the Devil's Advocate and from a purely moral is it a human being or isn't it standpoint.

Let's say the fetus at some point is a human being, okay?  And if killing that human being, that's a viable human being, should be considered murder. What  has that child done to deserve to be killed? 

Those of you who believed that history began farther back than 50 years keep in mind that probably every one of us is the product of rape many centuries ago because that's how human beings conquered other lands.

Also, since it will be a pretty simple thing for a Dame to say is that she's been raped and wants it abortion, should she not have to give evidence as to who committed the actual forcible rape and shouldn't law enforcement get a DNA sample and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law?

Also one would think that if a woman has been forcibly raped the very next day the morning after pill would be in order. For what reason should anybody wait ? It's perfectly legal easily obtainable and cheap.

WSS

that's if she was even able to get to hospital "the morning after". Rapes often happen at college frat parties and the girl was drugged. It's often not apparent what happened to her until the police investigate. I've seen a girl that was roofied and I was like wtf is wrong with her? We just thought she was drunk but the way she was just coming and going didn't look like being drunk to me. We took her to the hospital and like a day later they determined she was roofied. She had "zero" recollection of what might have happened to her. Was she raped? Nobody knew. That's just one instance in my personal experience which already negates the heart beat law. It won't survive the court case because of that massive variability in when the hearbeat can be detected. 

Im already seeing some pretty shocking statements on FB from women in Ohio. And these aren't exactly flaming liberal women either. This could get ugly. I even saw a woman who I knew was a gun owner but also a conservative Christian, talking about someone's gonna get a female active shooter. Because of how things are with that now i'm not gonna go into further details but I told her you can't put that out on social media. 

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

that's if she was even able to get to hospital "the morning after".

talking about the morning after pill of course.

Rapes often happen at college frat parties and the girl was drugged. It's often not apparent what happened to her until the police investigate. I've seen a girl that was roofied and I was like wtf is wrong with her?

in which case upon waking up she realized she had been violated one way or the other and a medical team could easily find traces of rufinol.

We just thought she was drunk but the way she was just coming and going didn't look like being drunk to me. We took her to the hospital and like a day later they determined she was roofied. She had "zero" recollection of what might have happened to her. Was she raped? Nobody knew. That's just one instance in my personal experience which already negates the heart beat law. It won't survive the court case because of that massive variability in when the hearbeat can be detected. 

Certainly the heartbeat wouldn't show up until substantially after the alleged forcible rape happened. But let's say she was just shit hammered and decided to say she was raped. No reason she shouldn't have taken the morning after pill the next day. And she insists take that DNA may be the guy that she was with will get thrown in jail for years and years. Unless...

WSS

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im already seeing some pretty shocking statements on FB from women in Ohio. And these aren't exactly flaming liberal women either. This could get ugly. I even saw a woman who I knew was a gun owner but also a conservative Christian, talking about someone's gonna get a female active shooter. Because of how things are with that now i'm not gonna go into further details but I told her you can't put that out on social media. 

Far be it from me to suggest people make up ridiculous characters for social media. It might even happen here on the Browns board political page.

WSS

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Far be it from me to suggest people make up ridiculous characters for social media. It might even happen here on the Browns board political page.

WSS

except I know who she is so I know she's not a "character". Was she being serious? prob not, hope not. But it shows that even right leaning women are having some issues with this. 

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

in which case upon waking up she realized she had been violated one way or the other and a medical team could easily find traces of rufinol.

yeah I don't think you know exactly how roofies work mate. Especially when a girl has been drinking, they don't know if it wasnt' just the alcohol. In the aforementioned case if I hadn't suggested taking her to the hospital all the other numbnuts were just chalking it up to her being drunk. I believe her case led to a bartender being arrested for doing that to several girls. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

except I know who she is so I know she's not a "character". Was she being serious? prob not, hope not. But it shows that even right leaning women are having some issues with this. 

yeah I don't think you know exactly how roofies work mate. Especially when a girl has been drinking, they don't know if it wasnt' just the alcohol. In the aforementioned case if I hadn't suggested taking her to the hospital all the other numbnuts were just chalking it up to her being drunk. I believe her case led to a bartender being arrested for doing that to several girls. 

Here's what I do know and I realize you're just being bickerson because you can't really be that stupid, right? Let's a I put a handful of roofies in your smoothie or whatever the fuck you drink after a workout. Then we took you in the backyard of Beefcake Bodybuilders Bistro had a couple of guys had their way with you. You might not remember what happened but you're bright enough to recognize a very sore butthole and a big wad of jizz. At least we'd hope so.

WSS

For the folks in favor of banning abortion, are you in favor of funding the social programs that will be required to take care of the unwanted kids? I know the argument will be "well they shouldn't get pregnant if..." Yeah I know. I also should be a millionaire with a 12 inch piece but the cards didn't shake out that way. We know people are uneducated and poor decision makers the further down the income bracket you go. They are the same people who will continue to get knocked up when they shouldn't. If they can't get an abortion, you will have even more of the unwanted kids being raised by people who are very likely poor and not good with handling money. 

So abortions or paying for a new wave of unwanted kids? It can't be a none of the above.

5 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

For the folks in favor of banning abortion, are you in favor of funding the social programs that will be required to take care of the unwanted kids? I know the argument will be "well they shouldn't get pregnant if..." Yeah I know. I also should be a millionaire with a 12 inch piece but the cards didn't shake out that way. We know people are uneducated and poor decision makers the further down the income bracket you go. They are the same people who will continue to get knocked up when they shouldn't. If they can't get an abortion, you will have even more of the unwanted kids being raised by people who are very likely poor and not good with handling money. 

So abortions or paying for a new wave of unwanted kids? It can't be a none of the above.

Since abortion is a moral issue with me than I would still choose the pro life side. Do the ends justify the means? For me it doesn't. The logic is sound of what you are saying that by killing unwanted babies you help cut back on future social programs but at what cost? Killing babies. 

Logic posted:

"For the folks in favor of banning abortion, are you in favor of funding the social programs that will be required to take care of the unwanted kids? I know the argument will be "well they shouldn't get pregnant if..." Yeah I know. I also should be a millionaire with a 12 inch piece but the cards didn't shake out that way. We know people are uneducated and poor decision makers the further down the income bracket you go. They are the same people who will continue to get knocked up when they shouldn't. If they can't get an abortion, you will have even more of the unwanted kids being raised by people who are very likely poor and not good with handling money.

So abortions or paying for a new wave of unwanted kids? It can't be a none of the above."

I understand the social quandary, but ...

STDs continue rapid rise in U.S., setting new record, CDC says

Aug 28, 2018 - Sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise in America, according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In fact ...
     There is a dramatic consequence to society because of the irresponsiblity of individuals either way.
The solution is responsibility, and not to preach, but isn't morality the solution? Isn't personal responsibility the solution?
Not a perfect solution, of course, because no human is perfect. The financial and moral decline is "Going downhill like a snowball headed for hell".
      Apparently - the abortion solution means people don't have to fuss with contraceptives?
Real Marriage has been dissed, ridiculed, fought, redefined to make it go away as much as possible, rendered an object of scorn by so many.
      With that, wanton sexual escapades are so much easier - abortion the final solution - and who cares about morality and the specialness of waiting til you are married?
   When there are no consequences to very bad choices, society takes the hit in the long run.
   Ironically - I'm reading Phil Robertson's book I mentioned - and he talks about all this stuff at length.

When the belief is "there is no God", then people tend to their own law. Nothing is more important or greater than themselves.
And they can feel they are entitled to not suffer dire consequences for even the most heinous actions.

When a moral compass goes by the wayside, society flounders in runaway immorality, hate, irresponsibility, crime, etc etc etc.

The Founding Fathers were brilliant to base our laws on Biblical fundamentals. Phil Robertson is very, very, very honest about his having been a really poor, out of control redneck back in his younger days. Sounds like a lot of the left side of the American political spectrum on the out of control part.

His solution? Biblical principles - God really is there.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

And if you take the emotional side and keep saying "killing babies" ... Well...

When Roe v Wade was ruled on by the Supreme Court there was a misconception among many in the public that a fetus was just a blob of tissue. I read a testimony once by a Presbyterian minister who joined the pro choice crowd after Roe and volunteered to work at an abortion clinic. He was horrified to see little arms and legs being sucked out and not just a blob of tissue and he left the pro choice crowd and became adamantly pro life. Today we have even greater knowledge than ever about human life in the womb yet some are so evil (lets call it what it is) they want abortions legal right up to delivery and in some cases even afterwards if the baby is born alive after a botched abortion. But as the liberal governor of Virginia compassionately said after a botched abortion and a baby is born alive "we need to keep the baby comfortable" until killing it....

logic brought.up a good point, look how u guys grouse about our current socisl netting spending. Estimstes are out pop would be "minimum" 30-40% more if abortion were illegal. The increase in spending just on childrens services would break us. Babies would be getting left on porches like an amazon package. And public school funding would have to.increase astronomically.

none of u think with ur brain. 

59 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

logic brought.up a good point, look how u guys grouse about our current socisl netting spending. Estimstes are out pop would be "minimum" 30-40% more if abortion were illegal. The increase in spending just on childrens services would break us. Babies would be getting left on porches like an amazon package. And public school funding would have to.increase astronomically.

none of u think with ur brain. 

Well then you should have included yourself right?

Archived