THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Browns LT Joe Thomas joins NFL Network’s pre- and post-game panels

Vambo

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/5/8/18537206/former-browns-lt-joe-thomas-joins-nfl-networks-pre-and-post-game-panels

On Wednesday, the NFL Network announced that former Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas will join their pre- and post-game panels for 13 Thursday Night Football games this season. He will also take part in the network’s coverage of the Super Bowl, scouting combine, NFL Draft, and other miscellaneous programs such as NFL Total Access and NFL GameDay Morning. In other words, this now sounds like a full-time gig for the future Hall of Famer.

Thomas will return to Cleveland on November 14, when the Browns host the Steelers at FirstEnergy Stadium for Thursday Night Football. Browns fans will no doubt be invested in segments he is involved in, because he plays favorites to the Browns and isn’t afraid to represent them still, like when he predicted the club going 10-6 this year:

The announcement of the gig also reminds us of the hilarity of when local sports radio host Tony Rizzo had this to say about our beloved left tackle:

Congrats, Joe!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Great for him - his commentary will be outstanding.

Rizzo is a guy no one has heard of outside of NE Ohio. More than a tad jealous?  Listening to Thomas on NFLN, you could tell he's on the Tony Romo fast track to being a big time color analyst.  :D 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Rizzo is a guy no one has heard of outside of NE Ohio. More than a tad jealous?  Listening to Thomas on NFLN, you could tell he's on the Tony Romo fast track to being a big time color analyst.  :D 

Both understand the intricacies of the game and both are excellent at translating that to the casual viewer. It reminds me of how Dandy Don would laugh at Howard's football ignorance from time to time. He did it with a grin that was not malicious in any way, just better informed. Those two have that same quality.

Rizzo is an over bloated ego maniac who does nothing but scream like a child and offers very little insight.. Congrats Joe.. You deserve this!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

You could tell from the day Joe retired, he was a true "Dawg" fan.  I'm glad he finally has good reason to be happy.  God speed Joe, I know you'll do well. 

Breaks my heart he played through so much shit, and RIGHT before we get things together, he suffers a terrible injury and retires. Just sucks because I can see it haunt him sometimes, and he's even said how he wishes his knees could've made it just a bit longer. I really loved that guy, and I'm glad he's happy, too. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Breaks my heart he played through so much shit, and RIGHT before we get things together, he suffers a terrible injury and retires. Just sucks because I can see it haunt him sometimes, and he's even said how he wishes his knees could've made it just a bit longer. I really loved that guy, and I'm glad he's happy, too. 

Especially sad considering the Browns went 10-6 his rookie season. 

• Like 1

I failed to mention him in talking about the older Browns I always followed - I still consider him

one of the current Browns I guess. Still, if/WHEN the Browns get to the superbowl, I hope to God they get him

out there for one the last plays on offense, just to have him suit up, take a snap in a superbowl and a playoff game.

I don't know what he'd think about that, but it would seem like a great idea - just to honor him and his excellent years

being our LT. There isn't any Cleveland Brown I admire more than Joe Thomas. He kept all of us going, I think, with how tough

and great his play was through a lot of struggling years.