THE BROWNS BOARD

Stupid Steeler fan jokes/memes

The Gipper

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Look I know you miss me but you don't need to resurrect threads from June in an effort to bring me back. Just shoot me a pm and ask nicely. 

A Stupid Steeler Fan Thread is  Perennial and Forever.   Having nothing to do with you and shall outlive you.

44A51FA10688466A8C3D94D4772600DBCDB52E44  

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A Stupid Steeler Fan Thread is  Perennial and Forever.   Having nothing to do with you and shall outlive you.

44A51FA10688466A8C3D94D4772600DBCDB52E44  

You quoted me gipshit. It's cool. You miss me. 

Joe haden just signed an extension. You guys got rid of the man about 5 years too early. Thx.

26 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Joe haden just signed an extension. You guys got rid of the man about 5 years too early. Thx.

Na, Browns will roll out Ward and Greedy and be fine.

I did hear something interesting though. I heard the Steelers looked the most impressive/won the preseason. Guess who used to do that, the team that will sooner rather than later be the team in the North, BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Well...I will give you this.....as King of the Stupid Steeler fans, you have the guts at least to come on here and take your well deserved beating. My only question is how it is that  two minutes after I do quote you....that you pop up on here.  Like I said...Beetlejuice.  You must have some undead psychic thing going on. 

As for Joe Haden...that just shows how bad and how desperate you DB situation is. beetlejuice.jpg?w=1000

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...I will give you this.....as King of the Stupid Steeler fans, you have the guts at least to come on here and take your well deserved beating. My only question is how it is that  two minutes after I do quote you....that you pop up on here.  Like I said...Beetlejuice.  You must have some undead psychic thing going on. 

As for Joe Haden...that just shows how bad and how desperate you DB situation is. beetlejuice.jpg?w=1000

Well gipper as I've said a million times I joined here in the first place to read about a division rival. I hit the board to see what was going on with the shit stains and saw my notifications.

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Na, Browns will roll out Ward and Greedy and be fine.

I did hear something interesting though. I heard the Steelers looked the most impressive/won the preseason. Guess who used to do that, the team that will sooner rather than later be the team in the North, BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Yea that isn't going to be happening any time soon.

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Joe Haden is a mere tired shadow of himself...

Jan 15, 2018 - For weeks and weeks, the Steelers have been talking about their potential meeting with the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. Weather it ...

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yea that isn't going to be happening any time soon.

How do you figure? Even if you factor in guys who have shown a little potential, at moment you have NO answer in the next few years at QB. 

Take your homerism out of it, can you say FOR sure that you have a future QB, can you count on JuJu being the perfect #1, Washington #2? You think you can count on Haden? 

The Browns aren't a certainty either, but what they do have on their side is young AND guys who have performed in their current roles.

I think Steelers make playoffs this year, and maybe next few, but you have uncertain future 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

How do you figure? Even if you factor in guys who have shown a little potential, at moment you have NO answer in the next few years at QB. 

Take your homerism out of it, can you say FOR sure that you have a future QB, can you count on JuJu being the perfect #1, Washington #2? You think you can count on Haden? 

The Browns aren't a certainty either, but what they do have on their side is young AND guys who have performed in their current roles.

I think Steelers make playoffs this year, and maybe next few, but you have uncertain future 

Mason Rudolph handily won the number two and will either be the future or a perfectly adequate stop gap in the event that he isn't the future. We also have been counting on haden, Steve Nelson was great in the preseason and on top of Washington we have moncrief. The future is always uncertain but the defense was also on fire and devin bush an animal.  Lead the preseason in sacks too as a team. The demise of the steelers is hilariously overblown.

Just now, Vagitron said:

The steelers don't sign guys to a 22m two year extension for guys that are "shadows of themselves" 

That isn't a factual statement. The Steelers don't sign guys who they THINK are shadows of themselves.

No team does. As good as the franchise has been, they aren't batting a thousand. 

That statement is pretty much the same as saying "the Steelers don't draft bad players" 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Mason Rudolph handily won the number two and will either be the future or a perfectly adequate stop gap in the event that he isn't the future. We also have been counting on haden, Steve Nelson was great in the preseason and on top of Washington we have moncrief. The future is always uncertain but the defense was also on fire and devin bush an animal.  Lead the preseason in sacks too as a team. The demise of the steelers is hilariously overblown.

You obviously missed the point. For years the Browns "won" the preseason, so that means NOTHING.

And exactly how can you try to lend to Rudolph future, when this is his 2nd year, and has done nothing in real games. But even go off a premise that he is good, in 2 years he will be a FA. So unless you think next year is Ben's last, Mason would be foolish to want to stay if he has aspirations of starting. So no, unless Ben plays just this year and next, he won't be a stop gap. You will either have to blindly go in with him as your future, or have a backup plan from a FA or Draft pick. And with the Steelers success, you will probably be getting at best a lower ranked QB in the draft (of the top guys if the plan is to use a 1st). 

I didn't know that me saying the Steelers were going to make playoffs was a demise of the Steelers. That is in fact BETTER than they did last year.

But as for the Browns having a brighter future, their best players are very young and have shown to have ability. Ben is in the same category as Brady, Brees, Eli, etc. They are at the end of their careers.

For the next 5 years (you have to think that far), the Browns are certainly in better position at QB. I think they are in better position at RB. They have more talent at WR. OL is surely in the Steelers favor. DL is really a toss up. LB are the Steelers, and DB I would lean in Browns favor with age. 

So with those factors, the Browns appear to have a brighter FUTURE. That doesn't mean the Steelers will be bad, and doesn't mean that those things can't change. But if you can't take an honest, unbiased look at your team and not question the future then you aren't being honest 

21 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

And 1 more thing, somebody EASILY winning a contest doesn't mean anything. You have to put it into context. Andy Dalton easily won that competition, you think he is the next great thing? How about Winston and Mariota? 

Or let's use backups since that is what you are hanging your hat on. These guys won backup roles: Brett Hundley, Matt Barkley, Drew Stanton, Trevor Siemian, Tom Savage, Matt Schaub, RG3, Cooper Rush

17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

We got rid of Haden because his production fell off a cliff, and he was due to make a ton of money.  That extension is essentially a one year deal- for $12 million bucks. Glad you think he's still worth it. Checking in on Joe, the only season he's played in all 16 games was his rookie year- so lotsa luck if you think he isn't going to miss at least a game or two this year. He's played decent for the Steelers- not all pro mind you- because he's been able to avoind those nagging injuries he had with the Browns. He just turned 30, and there's damn few CBs who have played at a high level at that age. 

We'll see how well he can cover OBJ- that's if he's not on IR by then.  :D   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We got rid of Haden because his production fell off a cliff, and he was due to make a ton of money.  That extension is essentially a one year deal- for $12 million bucks. Glad you think he's still worth it. Checking in on Joe, the only season he's played in all 16 games was his rookie year- so lotsa luck if you think he isn't going to miss at least a game or two this year. He's played decent for the Steelers- not all pro mind you- because he's been able to avoind those nagging injuries he had with the Browns. He just turned 30, and there's damn few CBs who have played at a high level at that age. 

We'll see how well he can cover OBJ- that's if he's not on IR by then.  :D   

You might want to watch talking about IR. Your offensive line ain't looking so hot. Who is keeping baker upright?

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You might want to watch talking about IR. Your offensive line ain't looking so hot. Who is keeping baker from getting his legs chopped well after a play is over on a typical squealer cheapshot?

Fixed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

You might want to watch talking about IR. Your offensive line ain't looking so hot. Who is keeping baker upright?

And that is related to Haden's injury history how? Yup- OL- the one area the Steelers have an advantage over the Browns. Baker is pretty fast getting the ball out of his hands, and senses pressure well.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers don't sign guys to a 22m two year extension for guys that are "shadows of themselves" 

Well you can believe what you want.... But the reality is Joe is injury prone.. So.. He's NOT getting faster or healthier at this stage in the game... I can't wait to see the look on your smug face when Odell or Callaway blow past him for a TD.. Then reality will hit you square in the Joe , Joe's!!.. We were used to seeing Joe get roasted here quite a bit... But by all means.. Enjoy the Stoolers shit show this season.. The only thing you got going for you is Devin Bush and benrape...

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't know....who says  8-8 or even 9-7 is a "demise"?  They do not have as much talent on that roster as they did last year.  BR is still there...but will he continue to be as good as he has been?  Remains to be seen.  

"Leading the preseason in sacks"  is like being "Miss Plus Size America".

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Our offensive line is an issue....but it should be good enough because it is Baker who is going to keep Baker upright.  

The bigger concern on our OL is....if they can open holes for the running game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

DL is really a toss up. LB are the Steelers, and DB I would lean in Browns favor with age. 

I would actually say that both DL and  DB are fairly strongly in the Browns favor...in terms of talent on the units.

I was playing his favor on them, where he couldn't justify disagreeing to them. I obviously think the DL is better for the Browns. I said so the last time he wanted to discuss this

On 9/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, hoorta said:

And that is related to Haden's injury history how? Yup- OL- the one area the Steelers have an advantage over the Browns. Baker is pretty fast getting the ball out of his hands, and senses pressure well.  

I was implying baker is going to be on his back. The Steelers only have the edge on the offensive line? Lmao. I can't wait for this season. I will be handing out the crow sandwiches.

24 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I was implying baker is going to be on his back. The Steelers only have the edge on the offensive line? Lmao. I can't wait for this season. I will be handing out the crow sandwiches.

No you won't.. You'll be eating them.. Book it!