THE BROWNS BOARD

Darron Lee won't be wearing Brown

Unsympathetic

huh? isnt he one of the top rated 43 olb'ers in football?

edit: nm he played ilb'er in the jets 34. I thought they went back to a 43 last year. Ah well....i guess that was a good call then not going after him. But the chiefs are now in a 43 apparently and he'll be competing there for the will lb'er spot. 

I read where Wilkes only has 2 inebackers on the 90% of the time, so I think with Schoeber, Kirksey, Avery and the two dawgs we just drafted we should be able put together a nice corps.

Daron Lee would not fit as a role player and is not a good locker room guy which is why Gase shuttled him 20 minutes after he became GM.

Reminds me of Dorsey cutting Kenny Britt the second he walked into the building.

Zombo

I guess what I don't get on lb's is? Than why grab 2 in the draft. 1 FA. And 2 or 3 more as udfa? I guess I need more camp media blotter to believe this theroy

22 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I guess what I don't get on lb's is? Than why grab 2 in the draft. 1 FA. And 2 or 3 more as udfa? I guess I need more camp media blotter to believe this theroy

Linebackers make great special teamers, first of all, so bring them on.

I think Taki and Mack are brought in to challenge Kirksey and Schoebert for those front two positions, if not this year then next.

Avery is the Wild Card that is the best pass rusher of the group, they'll be lining him up everywhere. The free agent we signed, Taylor is depth/ST

If you want to see what this current admin thinks of LB corps, they have kept 3rd and 4th rd picks from the previous regime and added two 5ths and a 3rd.

We have a 3rd, 4th, and 5th starting, backed up by a 3rd and 5th.

They are looking for versatile guys with good leadership skills that can plug and play with the first team or special teams. As Dorsey would say, "Football Players", not stars.

Stars they like at QB, RB, WR, Edge and CB ...

Zombo

22 hours ago, choco said:

Collins signed for a lil more than vet minimum, very incentive laden 1yr deal. 

?? all that's showing is his signing bonus (Spotrac and Over the Cap) which was a piddly $150,000.  Could be nothing else is guaranteed.