THE BROWNS BOARD

How Has Serving Impacted You?

MLD Woody

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Here are the ratings of all the VA hospitals in the country.  1 star is worst, 5 stars is best.  Luckily Cleveland is a 5 star.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2018/10/04/here-are-the-best-and-worst-va-medical-centers/

The VA my wife works for is a 4 star (Huntington). She likes it alright. The lack of accessibility to decent surgeons for the patients gets her pissed off sometimes.

8 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The VA my wife works for is a 4 star (Huntington). She likes it alright. The lack of accessibility to decent surgeons for the patients gets her pissed off sometimes.

Speaking of the VA a good friend of mine who was the marine recently had open heart surgery. He went to the VA in Cleveland I was curious as to why they chose open heart over stets. The I asked my cardiologists at the Cleveland Clinic and he kind of made a face, refusing to throw the VA doctors under the bus but still suggested he get a second opinion. He told me some of the doctors at the VA or just fine oh, which I took is damning with faint praise. I have no doubt there are good and bad people in any profession in any location but...

Ps nearly a year later he had to go back and have a second open heart procedure. The reason they gave him sounded bogus to me. That they knew about the Third location but could not get to it.

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Speaking of the VA a good friend of mine who was the marine recently had open heart surgery. He went to the VA in Cleveland I was curious as to why they chose open heart over stets. The I asked my cardiologists at the Cleveland Clinic and he kind of made a face, refusing to throw the VA doctors under the bus but still suggested he get a second opinion. He told me some of the doctors at the VA or just fine oh, which I took is damning with faint praise. I have no doubt there are good and bad people in any profession in any location but...

Ps nearly a year later he had to go back and have a second open heart procedure. The reason they gave him sounded bogus to me. That they knew about the Third location but could not get to it.

WSS

https://www.acc.org/about-acc/press-releases/2015/03/16/15/56/heart-bypass-surgery-outperforms-new-generation-stents

10 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I have no doubt that's true. However stents oh, even if they have to be replaced after time, are much easier operation less stressful to the human body. Personally I've had one opened back up a couple of decades after it was installed. Not a big deal at all. But my point is less than one year after open heart surgery they had to do it again. If I need to have a stent replaced it takes almost no recovery time whatsoever. You can surely opt for whichever one you choose if and when you need it.

WSS