THE BROWNS BOARD

How Has Serving Impacted You?

MLD Woody

therrs no words for this disgrace..

It mangled my health and defrauded me my service related claims by "losing" my documents. Though I kept them all, somehow the VA just keeps losing them or rejecting them on account of the Army having no record of ANYTHING I ever did apart from enlist and get honorably discharged.

so its not just the VA which we all knew was a shitstain....

VA problems didnt start with Trumps administration either ....

in fact if he werent sidetracked with a long FAKE investigation 

theres no telling how and what he couldve got accomplished as to trying to fix this needed service for our Vets

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

theres no telling how and what he couldve got accomplished as to trying to fix this needed service for our Vets

Ha, that's a hell of a narrative.

"if Trump didn't have to deal with this totally unfair investigation, we could have all be driving flying cars and have no problems!"

Sounds like some Obama level worship, am I right?

obama level worship is certainly not driving flying cars....

and have NO problems as you say - 

obama level worship is having the same fault ridden VA and  giving lip service to the solutions 

all the while admiring  the way in which he said it

13 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I have no problems with the VA.  

I dont pretend to know the inner workings of the VA other than anecdotal accounts that I heard.

and I am glad for the fact that it is working as you say for yourself and many - my son included

what is troubling is the suicide rates for this younger batch of Vets... 

The rates of suicide with combat vets is a serious concern. In fact, one of my favorite shows - the tv serious "Seal Team" - the last two episodes this season dealt with that subject. This other vet - had a brain injury, and one thing led to another, where red tape caused him not to ever be able to get an MRI approved to diagnose his problem. He ended up in despair, and killed himself.

Now, this has been a problem for decades. Leave it to the slutty woodpecker to all of a sudden pretend to care

about veterans. Remember, btw, that Pres Trump is the hero on this subject - he worked to help fix the problem - vets can NOW go to the dr they want to see. and asswholes working in the vet hospitals etc... can NOW BE FIRED is they deserve it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_veteran_suicide

The first suicide prevention center in the United States was opened in Los Angeles in 1958 with funding from the U.S. Public Health Service. In 1966, the Center for Studies of Suicide Prevention (later the Suicide Research Unit) was established at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Later on, in 1970, the NIMH pushed in Phoenix the discussion about the status of suicide prevention, presented relevant findings about suicide rate and identified the future directions and priorities of the topic.[13]

However, it wasn't until mid-1990s when suicide started being the central issue of the political-social agenda of the United States. Survivors from suicide began to mobilize encouraging the development of a national strategy for suicide prevention. Finally, two Congressional Resolutions—S. Res. 84 and H. Res. 212 of the 105th Congress—recognized suicide as a national problem and suicide prevention as a national priority.[13]

I was glad to have the VA to fall back on about 10 years ago but they could improve it for sure. Without going into detail it seemed like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I was impressed with some there and not so much with some others but the bottom line I was glad to have it when I needed it.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I was glad to have the VA to fall back on about 10 years ago but they could improve it for sure. Without going into detail it seemed like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I was impressed with some there and not so much with some others but the bottom line I was glad to have it when I needed it.

Combat has always been a severe problem with affecting some vets who have gone through some of the worst stresses and injuries.

My cousin was not the same guy for decades after Laos and Cambodia. My CCW instructor was spec ops for 4 1/2 yrs.; he carried his fatally-injured best friend on the team home from a mission. For a few years, he had a lot of trouble with it.

Using this real problem to slur a politician now for political gain? just scumbucket crap, no matter who does it, if they do.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

Combat has always been a severe problem with affecting some vets who have gone through some of the worst stresses and injuries.

My cousin was not the same guy for decades after Laos and Cambodia. My CCW instructor was spec ops for 4 1/2 yrs.; he carried his fatally-injured best friend on the team home from a mission. For a few years, he had a lot of trouble with it.

Using this real problem to slur a politician now for political gain? just scumbucket crap, no matter who does it, if they do.

My brother was never the same after Viet Nam. He would never talk about it with me but he carried back scars from that war. It wasn't until after he died and I talked with some of his veteran friends that I even found out he was a platoon leader who had been highly decorated. 

Well in the grand tradition of Woody I didn't bother to read the post but from the title I am always happier when our meals come out fresh and hot in a reasonable amount of time. That, combined with a friendly attitude, makes me more likely to go back to that particular restaurant. Thanks for asking.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Well in the grand tradition of myself and my fellow jerk off buds I didn't bother to read the post but from the title I am always happier when our meals come out fresh and hot in a reasonable amount of time. That, combined with a friendly attitude, makes me more likely to go back to that particular restaurant. Thanks for asking.

WSS

fyp...

2 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

VA problems didnt start with Trumps administration either ....

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

heh? u drinking today steve? 

hey pop quiz tiger what do u call a question u already know the answer to?

It all depends. In this particular case it would be  called the incoherent ramblings of an illiterate ass hole.

What do I win?

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

It all depends. In this particular case it would be  called the incoherent ramblings of an illiterate ass hole.

What do I win?

WSS

would it help u if i gave u the answer jeopardy style? this is really painful now....ur a grown man steve. Did u graduate HS?