THE BROWNS BOARD

First it is bumpstocks....

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

As much as I understand the slippery slope, you have to admit calls for these kind of bulshit restrictions are going to be popular. I think people to whom gun freedom it's important her becoming more and more on the wrong side of History.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

As much as I understand the slippery slope, you have to admit calls for these kind of bulshit restrictions are going to be popular. I think people to whom gun freedom it's important her becoming more and more on the wrong side of History.

WSS

“Wrong side of history”? You gonna start saying “problematic” and talk about “privilege”, Steve? Haha

Light ball busting aside, gun rights are my hill to die on as far as political issues are involved. No doubt we will slowly descend into being UK Jr. because a good deal of younger people are hell bent on being dependent on government control over all aspects of their lives. However, older Republicans shouldn’t be helping the 2A over the cliff because their hero is a fiscally economic Dem.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

“Wrong side of history”? You gonna start saying “problematic” and talk about “privilege”, Steve? Haha

Light ball busting aside, gun rights are my hill to die on as far as political issues are involved. No doubt we will slowly descend into being UK Jr. because a good deal of younger people are hell bent on being dependent on government control over all aspects of their lives. However, older Republicans shouldn’t be helping the 2A over the cliff because their hero is a fiscally economic Dem.

They shouldn't my friend but they will. Politicians are chickenshit even the ones that don't believe gun control. The slippery slope started a long time ago. How many times do you hear the question do you want your neighbor to have a bazooka? And if it's perfectly constitutional to limit the amount of rounds you can have in a magazine why not make it 5, three or even one? When it's constitutional to ban a semi automatic 22 rifle because it has an aluminum stock instead of Walnut? Just saying bud.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

They shouldn't my friend but they will. Politicians are chickenshit even the ones that don't believe gun control. The slippery slope started a long time ago. How many times do you hear the question do you want your neighbor to have a bazooka? And if it's perfectly constitutional to limit the amount of rounds you can have in a magazine why not make it 5, three or even one? When it's constitutional too ban a semi automatic 22 rifle because it has an aluminum stock instead of Walnut? Just saying bud.

WSS

Those restrictions aren’t federal law currently. Sitting idly by and just giving in to it now helps nothing. The NRA is worthless because they are a slush fund for a political party. However, there are gun orgs out there filing lawsuits on behalf of gun owners and their rights. Slowing the pace may be all gun owners have but that is better than willfully joining in on the game. If I find out I have cancer, I will try to make the most of my days and not put my head in a noose.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Those restrictions aren’t federal law currently. Sitting idly by and just giving in to it now helps nothing. The NRA is worthless because they are a slush fund for a political party. However, there are gun orgs out there filing lawsuits on behalf of gun owners and their rights. Slowing the pace may be all gun owners have but that is better than willfully joining in on the game. If I find out I have cancer, I will try to make the most of my days and not put my head in a noose.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Just remember there are a lot of people who believe that abortion is murdering a child. Whether you agree with that assessment or not, we have Roe versus Wade. And now it's Federal.

Good luck with the Supreme Court if any of that ship ever gets there.

Of course that's only one area where those who talk about freedom in the United States our are sounding increasingly quaint.

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Just remember there are a lot of people who believe that abortion is murdering a child. Whether you agree with that assessment or not, we have Roe versus Wade. And now it's Federal.

Good luck with the Supreme Court if any of that ship ever gets there.

Of course that's only one area where those who talk about freedom in the United States our are sounding increasingly quaint.

WSS

Cases have already reached the Supreme Court (Heller vs DC) and handgun bans along with unreasonable firearm storage laws were deemed unconstitutional. That is why DC residents now have access to concealed carry. Again, I agree with you on it being a slow slide down the hill but no point into just laying down.

OK, Trump needs to stop the knee jerking when prompted about the media. I'm hoping he said that on the fly

because the media would try to screw with it to make him look bad for 2020.

I hope.

Sure wish I could get a suppressor. I try to never shoot when our friends' horses are out, out in our field, unless it's just my .22. Just my choice.

About three years ago, a nosy neighbors wife went ballistic when I shot a groundhog out in our field from our backyard.

You won't find a safer shooter than me - my standards for a safe shot are very high. So, the husband stopped by one day, pulled in our driveway, and said they were going to call the sheriff if I did that again. I told him I was perfectly safe, perfectly legal, and that they need to stfu and mind their own liberal business. He drove off. I called the sheriff dept, and explained, he just said I was perfectly legal, we don't live in the city, and I can shoot from wherever on our property I want, to anywhere on our 20+ acres I want. He did say there will always be people out there minding their own business, next time, I was welcome to call them and they would explain it to them in no uncertain terms. lol.

and I never shoot when any neighbor's kids are out. my choice...well, unless I am going way out back.

Ignorant people see spies shoot with no noise in movies, etc, and that is what they think a suppressor is. morons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

OK, Trump needs to stop the knee jerking when prompted about the media. I'm hoping he said that on the fly

because the media would try to screw with it to make him look bad for 2020.

I hope.

Sure wish I could get a suppressor. I try to never shoot when our friends' horses are out, out in our field, unless it's just my .22. Just my choice.

About three years ago, a nosy neighbors wife went ballistic when I shot a groundhog out in our field from our backyard.

You won't find a safer shooter than me - my standards for a safe shot are very high. So, the husband stopped by one day, pulled in our driveway, and said they were going to call the sheriff if I did that again. I told him I was perfectly safe, perfectly legal, and that they need to stfu and mind their own liberal business. He drove off. I called the sheriff dept, and explained, he just said I was perfectly legal, we don't live in the city, and I can shoot from wherever on our property I want, to anywhere on our 20+ acres I want. He did say there will always be people out there minding their own business, next time, I was welcome to call them and they would explain it to them in no uncertain terms. lol.

and I never shoot when any neighbor's kids are out. my choice...well, unless I am going way out back.

Ignorant people see spies shoot with no noise in movies, etc, and that is what they think a suppressor is. morons.

LOL! Legally I can shoot on my 1.66 acres in the country, but it isn't safe so I don't, not even with a less far reaching shotgun. But I sure have seen a few really fat doves in season on my back fence looking into that acre of woods I own behind. Sure would taste nice all bacon wrapped and roasted over coals. Very tempting.😋😈

Last week, my Wife took a video of a wild turkey hen sitting on our deck railing eating out of the bird feeder. It's been walking around our backyard....

you just wait til turkey season...

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I saw about 8-10 wild turkeys on Snow Road right before W130th street.  They had traffic stopped as they crossed snow.  Only a couple of small fields there to live in.

Every now and then I see one at the edge of the back woods, but at the moment there are several new fawns with their moms back there. I have a patch of wild grass between the iron grate fence and the woods and the deer love it.

• Upvote 1

they were all over highland hills golf course last week. I thought they were ducks when i saw em movin out of the corner of my eye.....but tgen my nephew said look at all those wild turkeys. Have to admit ive never seen em out and about before. Are they real prevalent in cleveland and surroinding areas?

On 6/4/2019 at 6:43 AM, LogicIsForSquares said:

The NRA is wise to get into politics to try and help financially those who are pro second amendment get elected. Planned Parenthood donates lots of money to help pro abortion candidates win. That is the reality. The biggest problem I have with the NRA now is Ollie North showed they need to clean house because of the extravagant spending on things such as LaPierre's wardrobe. Instead of cleaning house they closed ranks behind LaPierre. I'm not an NRA member (although I have thought about joining) but until they clean house I can't support them.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The NRA is wise to get into politics to try and help financially those who are pro second amendment get elected. Planned Parenthood donates lots of money to help pro abortion candidates win. That is the reality. The biggest problem I have with the NRA now is Ollie North showed they need to clean house because of the extravagant spending on things such as LaPierre's wardrobe. Instead of cleaning house they closed ranks behind LaPierre. I'm not an NRA member (although I have thought about joining) but until they clean house I can't support them.

The sitting on the hands that occurs when a Republican is in office is what makes me not like the NRA. I was a member but I never bought a lifetime membership knowing something like this could happen. LaPierre being a money grubbing turd is no surprise. He is a political hack.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

A life long NY dem duped a bunch of people into believing he is some 2A champ.

Can someone talk Kim Kardashian into being pro 2A? She seems to have a lot of pull.

Not that it makes it any better but Trump was not a life long dem he was a republican, then a dem, then an independent and back to a republican. I don't believe Trump was ever a 2a champion as he supported the (so called) assault rifle ban in the 90's. Also there was those cringe worthy statements he made just last year about taking away guns without due process. I noticed though after making those comments about suspending due process he never said that again. I have no evidence to prove it but I believe someone at the NRA let him know that was a terrible idea and he backed off it. It will be interesting to see if that doesn't happen again with his off the cuff remarks about banning gun suppressors. I don't see the NRA caving on this and Trump is going to want the NRA's support in 2020. I could be wrong but I don't see this going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

A win for those of us with Concealed Carry or like here in Texas a License to Carry whether concealed or open. Word to the wise anyway though. If stopped for any reason it is best to show (or tell of so they don't shoot you for reaching) the license right up front so there can be no mistake made. Eventually this may go through the Supreme Court to verify you keep all your rights if you have a CC or LTC license.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/a-win-for-gun-rights-in-pennsylvania/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not that it makes it any better but Trump was not a life long dem he was a republican, then a dem, then an independent and back to a republican. I don't believe Trump was ever a 2a champion as he supported the (so called) assault rifle ban in the 90's. Also there was those cringe worthy statements he made just last year about taking away guns without due process. I noticed though after making those comments about suspending due process he never said that again. I have no evidence to prove it but I believe someone at the NRA let him know that was a terrible idea and he backed off it. It will be interesting to see if that doesn't happen again with his off the cuff remarks about banning gun suppressors. I don't see the NRA caving on this and Trump is going to want the NRA's support in 2020. I could be wrong but I don't see this going anywhere.

Bumpstocks weren’t given 2A protections and were banned by EO. What would lead you to believe that suppressors wouldn’t get the same treatment? To this point, Trump and the NRA while he has been in office have not given any indication that they are for protecting 2A rights. If this was going on under Dems, all hell would be breaking loose.

The NRA and Trump have had a good relationship and that is good for the second amendment. The last thing I would want to see happen is Trump working with the democrats on gun issues. Personally I think the NRA didn't fight Trump over bumpstocks because they want to keep that good relationship and bumpstocks weren't the hill to die on so they didn't fight him on it. Suppressors aren't bumpstocks and I don't think the NRA will go along with Trump this time if he does try to do an EO banning gun suppressors. Because of the politics I don't think Trump wants a rift with the NRA either right before 2020 as he wants their support. I think Trump just made an off the cuff comment but if he does follow through with banning gun suppressors I would bet the NRA would not go along with it. 

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2018/2/7/how-to-buy-a-suppressor/

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The NRA and Trump have had a good relationship and that is good for the second amendment. The last thing I would want to see happen is Trump working with the democrats on gun issues. Personally I think the NRA didn't fight Trump over bumpstocks because they want to keep that good relationship and bumpstocks weren't the hill to die on so they didn't fight him on it. Suppressors aren't bumpstocks and I don't think the NRA will go along with Trump this time if he does try to do an EO banning gun suppressors. Because of the politics I don't think Trump wants a rift with the NRA either right before 2020 as he wants their support. I think Trump just made an off the cuff comment but if he does follow through with banning gun suppressors I would bet the NRA would not go along with it. 

He made a comment then followed through and elaborated on a morning show in the UK.

The NRA giving on bumpstocks is a great look for an org that shouted “shall not be infringed” for 8 years. A Dem in office will likely make the NRA do their job again. When an R sits beside the title, they lick the boots. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I really didn't have a problem with bumpstocks since automatic weapons came off the table some time ago (National Firearms Act of 1934) with a few very hard to meet exceptions. Actually that law concerned suppressors as well.