THE BROWNS BOARD

First it is bumpstocks....

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I really didn't have a problem with bumpstocks since automatic weapons came off the table some time ago (National Firearms Act of 1934) with a few very hard to meet exceptions. Actually that law concerned suppressors as well. 

I was not a supporter of bumpstocks. I would have rather seen the sale and mfg of them made illegal though instead of the confiscation route where law abiding citizens who bought them legally are now criminals if they don't turn them in. Gun suppressors are already heavily regulated and there are valid reasons for a gun owner to want one. The only reason I can see that a person would want bumpstocks is for their semi automatic to mimic an automatic. 

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

He made a comment then followed through and elaborated on a morning show in the UK.

The NRA giving on bumpstocks is a great look for an org that shouted “shall not be infringed” for 8 years. A Dem in office will likely make the NRA do their job again. When an R sits beside the title, they lick the boots. 

The dems have swung so far to the left I cringe at the thought of them back in power with all three branches of government but realistically it will happen sometime and maybe as soon as 2020.  We are too far out right now from 2020 to take polls seriously but it is troubling to see Trump doing so poorly in the polls especially with having a great economy. I have no faith in the voters. 

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/tx/tx06052019_tgye56.pdf/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/05/biden-sanders-democrats-lead-trump-michigan-poll/1330277001/

eh...all th polls had higgardly winning by a landslide. Not worried at all. But our country is being torn apart by the left, they

have to be stopped, starting with the House. It's sick that they could have owned the Supreme Court.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

eh...all th polls had higgardly winning by a landslide. Not worried at all. But our country is being torn apart by the left, they

have to be stopped, starting with the House. It's sick that they could have owned the Supreme Court.

I know I am on the far right end of the scale and I don't have a pulse on where middle America is at today and they will be deciding the next election so I am concerned. It just seems with the economy doing so much better today than at any time during Obama's 8 years Trump should be doing better in these polls. Trump won comfortably by the electoral college margin but lost decisively by the popular vote and it was really a small number of votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that carried him. 

I have to believe Biden (who carries a ton of baggage himself) is only riding so high now because he hasn't faced a lot of scrutiny yet and it seems like that is deliberate on his part for now to keep a low profile.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well just have to wait and see I guess.  Hopefully a moderate Democrat wins there nomination and not some far left scum sucker.

First conservative democrats went the way of the dinosaurs and now the moderate democrats are on their way to extinction. The party has been taken over by the extreme left. The party is far to the left of many of their voters which is likely why Biden who is probably the most moderate of the bunch is doing so well.

Just an observation how this issue it's not dissimilar from the abortion issue. There's a certain hypocrisy in supporting the Second Amendment but allowing politicians to make infringement upon it for quote unquote common sense legislation. Just like calling abortion murder but thinking it's okay in the case of rape or incest which really has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not that child is a human being. PS I'm not trying to hijack the thread.

WSS

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just an observation how this issue it's not dissimilar from the abortion issue. There's a certain hypocrisy in supporting the Second Amendment but allowing politicians to make infringement upon it for quote unquote common sense legislation. Just like calling abortion murder but thinking it's okay in the case of rape or incest which really has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not that child is a human being. PS I'm not trying to hijack the thread.

WSS

I am not one of those “common sense legislation” types who smile while things are slowly chipped away. But I think you know how I shake out on this stuff. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

And I'm just over here like... Maybe we can give freedom and person choice a try...? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

And I'm just over here like... Maybe we can give freedom and person choice a try...? 

Well we just can't. One reason people go through the trouble to be politicians is because they like to control others and feel important. Since I don't want to hijack thread I will stick to the gun control issue. How about everybody has freedom to own whatever they want? And then punish the lawbreakers severely? But that doesn't afford politicians the opportunity to grandstand and debate and passed bulshit ineffective legislation that makes them look all common sense-ish.

Plus everybody loves to overreact 2 gun violence. How many murders versus how many people die in auto accidents or from obesity-related illness while they smoke cigarettes and eat like pigs? But those issues don't give politicians that much of an opportunity to show off and make rules.

WSS

• Upvote 2