THE BROWNS BOARD

10 minutes too late

(Devil's advocate alert)

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-geauga/woman-charged-with-murder-in-geaugas-child-cold-case-involving-dead-infant

If she'd done it when the kid was halfway out she'd have a wing of the local Planned Parenthood facility named after her.

But seriously I wonder how many of the supporters of partial birth abortion late-term abortion an abortion for any reason at any time are now calling for her head.

WSS

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

abortion was legal...i dont understand why she took a child to full term twice then killed it. And yet she has 3 children...

So did she commit a crime?
Generally speaking the sentiment amongst the vile left these days is that full birth abortion is cool, so what difference at this point does it make to you?

A woman is entitled to this warped idea of "choice", so let her be allowed to choose when the baby should die...she should  be allowed to do what she wants with "her own body" LOLOLOLOL. Fucking liberal looney tunes.

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

(Devil's advocate alert)

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-geauga/woman-charged-with-murder-in-geaugas-child-cold-case-involving-dead-infant

If she'd done it when the kid was halfway out she'd have a wing of the local Planned Parenthood facility named after her.

But seriously I wonder how many of the supporters of partial birth abortion late-term abortion an abortion for any reason at any time are now calling for her head.

WSS

Something similar and this relates to the whole illogical argument: If a pregnant woman is physically assaulted and that assault results in the death of her unborn child the assailant can be charged with murder however the same woman can go to an abortionist and have the baby murdered and now it is just being pro choice....

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Something similar and this relates to the whole illogical argument: If a pregnant woman is physically assaulted and that assault results in the death of her unborn child the assailant can be charged with murder however the same woman can go to an abortionist and have the baby murdered and now it is just being pro choice....

because in the 1st case...the choice was made for her obf. Its the most simple logic that eludes u people. U are simply incapable of grasping the basic concept of choice. Until that baby comes out of the woman it is part of her body. It draws on her resources....it gets its nutrients through the umbilical. I oersonally find late term abortion grotesque unless a major complication arises....but the above facts remain. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

because in the 1st case...the choice was made for her obf. Its the most simple logic that eludes u people. U are simply incapable of grasping the basic concept of choice. Until that baby comes out of the woman it is part of her body. It draws on her resources....it gets its nutrients through the umbilical. I oersonally find late term abortion grotesque unless a major complication arises....but the above facts remain. 

What you are not grasping is the issue about the choice to commit murder.  You have a cow when pro life people take the position of being against abortion in all circumstances (with the exception of the life of the mother) yet that is the most logical and consistent argument when you believe abortion is the murder of a child in the womb.

The baby is a separate human being not just a part of her body but only in her body..(science denier)

38 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What you are not grasping is the issue about the choice to commit murder.  You have a cow when pro life people take the position of being against abortion in all circumstances (with the exception of the life of the mother) yet that is the most logical and consistent argument when you believe abortion is the murder of a child in the womb.

The baby is a separate human being not just a part of her body but only in her body..(science denier)

the baby is in a symbiotic relationship with the mother obf....if ur gonna try and flip centuries of medical knowledge and 10'sbof thousands of years of common sense on its head...this will turn silly quick i promise.

Im not arguing with u on the morality of abortion right now. Thats a seperate issue. But the fact the baby feeds off the mother in that relstionship is undeniable. Pro lifers argue that even 4-5 month fetus's can survive on their own. And thats technically true in a modern incubation chamber with all kinds if tubes running in and out of it mimicking the mothers umbilical cord. Without that...dead. Modern medicine is not part of this discussion. 

15 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and no exceptions for 9 and 10 yr olds huh? telling

I think the life of the mother would come into play with a child this young. You are fixated on this type of scenario but these type cases are rare and most abortions are done for convenience. You are against having an abortion out of convenience aren't you?

Just admit the baby is a separate human being and don't be a science denier:

"Before we can know how to treat unborn children (an ethical question), we must know what they are biologically. This is a question of science.

Here's what science tells us about the unborn.

Why the unborn is a human being

When a sperm successfully fertilizes an oocyte (egg), a new cell, called a zygote, is generated by their union. The zygote represents the first stage in the life of a human being. This individual, if all goes well, develops through the embryonic (first eight weeks) and fetal (eight weeks until birth) periods and then through infancy, childhood, and adolescence before reaching adulthood.

Four characteristics of the unborn human (the zygote, embryo, or fetus) are important:

Distinct. The unborn has a DNA and body distinct from her mother and father. She develops her own arms, legs, brain, nervous system, heart, and so forth.

Living. The unborn meets the biological criteria for life. She grows by reproducing cells. She turns nutrients into energy through metabolism. And she can respond to stimuli.

Human. The unborn has a human genetic signature. She is also the offspring of human parents, and humans can only beget other humans.

Organism. The unborn is an organism (rather than a mere organ or tissue)—an individual whose parts work together for the good of the whole. Guided by a complete genetic code (46 chromosomes), she needs only the proper environment and nutrition to develop herself through the different stages of life as a member of the species.

These facts about the unborn are established by the science of embryology and developmental biology. They are confirmed by embryology texts, scientific journals, and other relevant authorities.

"Human development begins at fertilization when a sperm fuses with an oocyte to form a single cell, a zygote," explains the textbook The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology. "This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual."

"The development of a human being begins with fertilization," notes Langman's Medical Embryology, "a process by which the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote."

The scientific evidence, then, shows that the unborn is a living individual of the species Homo sapiens, the same kind of being as us, only at an earlier stage of development. Each of us was once a zygote, embryo, and fetus, just as we were once infants, toddlers, and adolescents.

https://www.mccl.org/post/2017/12/20/the-unborn-is-a-human-being-what-science-tells-us-about-unborn-children

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think the life of the mother would come into play with a child this young. You are fixated on this type of scenario but these type cases are rare and most abortions are done for convenience. You are against having an abortion out of convenience aren't you?

Just admit the baby is a separate human being and don't be a science denier:

"Before we can know how to treat unborn children (an ethical question), we must know what they are biologically. This is a question of science.

Here's what science tells us about the unborn.

Why the unborn is a human being

When a sperm successfully fertilizes an oocyte (egg), a new cell, called a zygote, is generated by their union. The zygote represents the first stage in the life of a human being. This individual, if all goes well, develops through the embryonic (first eight weeks) and fetal (eight weeks until birth) periods and then through infancy, childhood, and adolescence before reaching adulthood.

Four characteristics of the unborn human (the zygote, embryo, or fetus) are important:

Distinct. The unborn has a DNA and body distinct from her mother and father. She develops her own arms, legs, brain, nervous system, heart, and so forth.

Living. The unborn meets the biological criteria for life. She grows by reproducing cells. She turns nutrients into energy through metabolism. And she can respond to stimuli.

Human. The unborn has a human genetic signature. She is also the offspring of human parents, and humans can only beget other humans.

Organism. The unborn is an organism (rather than a mere organ or tissue)—an individual whose parts work together for the good of the whole. Guided by a complete genetic code (46 chromosomes), she needs only the proper environment and nutrition to develop herself through the different stages of life as a member of the species.

These facts about the unborn are established by the science of embryology and developmental biology. They are confirmed by embryology texts, scientific journals, and other relevant authorities.

"Human development begins at fertilization when a sperm fuses with an oocyte to form a single cell, a zygote," explains the textbook The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology. "This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual."

"The development of a human being begins with fertilization," notes Langman's Medical Embryology, "a process by which the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote."

The scientific evidence, then, shows that the unborn is a living individual of the species Homo sapiens, the same kind of being as us, only at an earlier stage of development. Each of us was once a zygote, embryo, and fetus, just as we were once infants, toddlers, and adolescents.

https://www.mccl.org/post/2017/12/20/the-unborn-is-a-human-being-what-science-tells-us-about-unborn-children

Meanwhile you're fixated on partial birth or late term which are... Well, you go check on the stats. 

While we're at it, there is nothing "convenient" about abortion in anyway.  Don't make the matter so trivial. 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You think it would? cause there were people here, I believe including yourself...who just the other week when the story of the 11 yr old kidnap victim came out....were like wellllll it's such a tragedy but you can't compound that tragedy by letting the girl have an abortion can you? THAT interaction here told me all I need to know about conservatives. You use language like "I would think" ….that doesn't work. And it proved to me that the slippery slope argument that you all use against liberals coming for your guns runs both ways. And it's why im now leaning towards full abortion rights at any point and anytime.....EXACTLY like you all want no restrictions at all for gun purchases because giving in just a little, even if it makes sense..gives the other side an inch that they will turn into a mile. Exactly as your side would do with abortion. It makes "more" than sense to allow rape victims of ANY age frankly, to have abortions. But for there to even be a discussion about an 11 yr old proves to me y'all don't get life yet. 

24 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Meanwhile you're fixated on partial birth or late term which are... Well, you go check on the stats. 

While we're at it, there is nothing "convenient" about abortion in anyway.  Don't make the matter so trivial. 

I'm not fixated on partial birth abortion but it is a gruesome procedure that some on the left would protest if it were done to an animal but since it is being done to humans they don't seem to mind.

The posts that you have decided to comment on were directed towards Cleve who is fixated on the 11 year old rape victim and comments on it over and over. I don't agree with partial birth abortion but I don't go back to it over and over again when debating the abortion issue. It is a part of the abortion issue not the whole issue much as a victim of rape is a part of abortion issue and not the whole issue.

The post was directed towards Cleve and using the term convenience applies as he commented rather proudly it seemed about how many women he has taken to abortion clinics to get an abortion. 

27 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

You think it would? cause there were people here, I believe including yourself...who just the other week when the story of the 11 yr old kidnap victim came out....were like wellllll it's such a tragedy but you can't compound that tragedy by letting the girl have an abortion can you? THAT interaction here told me all I need to know about conservatives. You use language like "I would think" ….that doesn't work. And it proved to me that the slippery slope argument that you all use against liberals coming for your guns runs both ways. And it's why im now leaning towards full abortion rights at any point and anytime.....EXACTLY like you all want no restrictions at all for gun purchases because giving in just a little, even if it makes sense..gives the other side an inch that they will turn into a mile. Exactly as your side would do with abortion. It makes "more" than sense to allow rape victims of ANY age frankly, to have abortions. But for there to even be a discussion about an 11 yr old proves to me y'all don't get life yet. 

Let me see abortion involving a human being and gun rights is a perfect apples to apples comparison? The fact of the matter is those on the pro choice side do use the "slippery slope" argument against pro lifers and it goes like this. "You say abortion is murdering a child in the womb yet you think carve outs are OK for certain exceptions. How can you take that position if you believe it is murdering a baby in the womb? Your pal on MSNBC Chris Matthews likes to use that line, I have heard him. 

"I'm now leaning towards full abortion rights at any point at any time" ...so you are saying those life loving conservatives have driven you to support abortion at all times for any reason (which is probably where you stood all along if you would be honest with yourself). How about after birth and a botched abortion and a baby is born alive maybe you will be as compassionate as the liberal racist governor of Virginia who said we must keep the baby comfortable while we kill it. 

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Let me see abortion involving a human being and gun rights is a perfect apples to apples comparison? The fact of the matter is those on the pro choice side do use the "slippery slope" argument against pro lifers and it goes like this. "You say abortion is murdering a child in the womb yet you think carve outs are OK for certain exceptions. How can you take that position if you believe it is murdering a baby in the womb? Your pal on MSNBC Chris Matthews likes to use that line, I have heard him. 

"I'm now leaning towards full abortion rights at any point at any time" ...so you are saying those life loving conservatives have driven you to support abortion at all times for any reason (which is probably where you stood all along if you would be honest with yourself). How about after birth and a botched abortion and a baby is born alive maybe you will be as compassionate as the liberal racist governor of Virginia who said we must keep the baby comfortable while we kill it. 

1) who the fuck is chris matthews? cut that shit out before i start calling out wss for logging in on obf's account

2) fyi i was leaning towards a late term ban except for verifiable rape cases...like the little girl who was held for over 5 months, and cases of mothers health. But that was only if some language got put into the constitution that prior to 6 months abortionbrights are sancrosanct.

But yes after the last few months the vile godless scum on the far right have taught me that we cant have that compromise. Just like liberals have taught u that if u give a little on gun control they'll come back later for more.

Its a 1 to 1 comparison inbthat respect

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) who the fuck is chris matthews? cut that shit out before i start calling out wss for logging in on obf's account

2) fyi i was leaning towards a late term ban except for verifiable rape cases...like the little girl who was held for over 5 months, and cases of mothers health. But that was only if some language got put into the constitution that prior to 6 months abortionbrights are sancrosanct.

But yes after the last few months the vile godless scum on the far right have taught me that we cant have that compromise. Just like liberals have taught u that if u give a little on gun control they'll come back later for more.

Its a 1 to 1 comparison inbthat respect

The Supreme Court has ruled that "mother's health" pretty much means whatever a mother says. So when you say late term abortions are OK in cases of a women's health what you are saying is abortion up to time of delivery for just about any reason a pregnant women may give.

Health of the Mother

This is the most deceptive argument for aborting a child that exists today and yet those who support abortion argue that it is an essentially protected right that every expectant mother should have at her disposal when she chooses to abort her baby.

In 1973 When the Supreme Court decriminalized abortion, it made two decisions, Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton. It is in this second decision, Doe v. Bolton, that the Supreme Court defined what a “health of the mother” abortion is.

According to Justice Blackmun, the doctor’s medical judgment as to the health of the mother may be “exercised in the light of all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age—relevant to the well being of the patient.”

The World Health Organization defines health of the mother as “any condition that might impact her physical, emotional, psychological or financial well being”.

The Supreme Court adopted this definition, effectively extending abortion on demand for the full nine months of pregnancy for nearly any reason you can think of which is why on its face “health of the mother” is simply ridiculous. .

https://www.all.org/learn/abortion/abortion-exceptions/exceptions-health-of-the-mother/

• Upvote 1

"But yes after the last few months the vile godless scum on the far right have taught me that we cant have that compromise. Just like liberals have taught u that if u give a little on gun control they'll come back later for more."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are partially right. Liberals would like to take away gun rights ASAP but they have to get rid of that pesky second amendment in the constitution to do it so in the meantime they just keep chipping away at gun rights..

And there are those who are "godless scum" but you will find them hanging on your side:

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

"...The baby is a separate human being not just a part of her body but only in her body..(science denier)..."

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

"...Just admit the baby is a separate human being and don't be a science denier:

"Before we can know how to treat unborn children (an ethical question), we must know what they are biologically. This is a question of science..."

People who live in the proverbial stomach of glass whales should hesitate before throwing stones and accusing others of being science deniers...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

CDC: Abortion Data and Statistics; Abortion Surveillance—Findings and Reports

"In 2015, 638,169 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2015 was 11.8 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 188 abortions per 1,000 live births.

Compared with 2014, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions for 2015 decreased 2%. Additionally, from 2006 to 2015, the number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 24%, 26%, and 19%, respectively. In 2015, all three measures reached their lowest level for the entire period of analysis (20062015).

Women in their twenties accounted for the majority of abortions in 2015 and throughout the period of analysis. The majority of abortions in 2015 took place early in gestation: 91.1% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.6%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.3%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. In 2015, 24.6% of all abortions were early medical abortions (a non-surgical abortion at ≤8 weeks’ gestation). The percentage of abortions reported as early medical abortions increased 114% from 2006 to 2015, with an 8% increase from 2014 to 2015. Source: Abortion Surveillance".  Page last reviewed: November 19, 2018

"People who live in the proverbial stomach of glass whales should hesitate before throwing stones and accusing others of being science deniers...

And those who believe in miracles and the bible hear the "science denier" charge a lot which is why I use the "science denier" term any chance I can when the left appears to go against science to support their agenda such as having multiple classifications of one's sex versus only two confirmed by science..

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm not fixated on partial birth abortion but it is a gruesome procedure that some on the left would protest if it were done to an animal but since it is being done to humans they don't seem to mind.

The posts that you have decided to comment on were directed towards Cleve who is fixated on the 11 year old rape victim and comments on it over and over. I don't agree with partial birth abortion but I don't go back to it over and over again when debating the abortion issue. It is a part of the abortion issue not the whole issue much as a victim of rape is a part of abortion issue and not the whole issue.

The post was directed towards Cleve and using the term convenience applies as he commented rather proudly it seemed about how many women he has taken to abortion clinics to get an abortion. 

Cool, and I'm taking a page out of Cal's playbook and butting in.  Save for the fact I won't stoop so low as to personally insult you. 

Merely commenting on the paradox many in this board convey that 11 pregnant rape victim = rare...Meanwhile late term and partial represent the smallest fraction of abortion cases. 

As you were. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Cool, and I'm taking a page out of Cal's playbook and butting in.  Save for the fact I won't stoop so low as to personally insult you. 

Merely commenting on the paradox many in this board convey that 11 pregnant rape victim = rare...Meanwhile late term and partial represent the smallest fraction of abortion cases. 

As you were. 

You wouldn't know 11 year pregnant rape victims are rare by the number of times Cleve brings it up...

At ease.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

As you were. 

except you just personally insulted me again. lol You aren't all that smart - Tiam - I wasn't in this entire thread at all.

if the extremes are so rare, why do you libs demand it be legal like it's everywhere and a crisis?

and exception for rape is fraught with abuse:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/272553

Abortion and rape.

Abstract

PIP:

The letter is an answer to a previous letter which appeared in the same journal and which was discrediting, according to the author of this letter, the Royal Commission on Contraception, Sterilization, and Abortion. The earlier letter refutes a quote from "Abortion and Social Justice" used by the Commission, regarding the situation in Colorado after rape became an indication for abortion. The quote reports that although between 1967-1971 the number of abortions for rape totalled 290, no rapist was charged or convicted for the crime. However, according to the author of this letter, the actual quote reads somewhat differently, and states that, during the same period, "no rapist was ever charged with his crime, much less convicted of it, which casts some real doubts on the reality of the alleged rapes." The meaning of this passage is that none of the alleged rapists had actually caused the 290 pregnancies. From records and government statistics it is possible to count about 3300 cases of rape known to the police in Colorado for the years 1967-1971. To suggest that none of these cases were charged or convicted is ridiculous. The author also states that rape as an indication for abortion will lead to abuse of the law, and that pregnancy for actual rape is rare.

abortion is a crime of extreme irresponsibility and ultimate horrific neglect and homicide.

Libs defend it all the way to this: Just another Tiam supported liberal cliff for society to fall over.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/baby-found-alive-in-plastic-bag-in-woods-by-startled-family

Georgia has what is known as a "safe haven law," which would have permitted the child's mother to drop her baby off at a hospital or a police or fire station up until the baby is seven days old, without fear of any prosecution.

and more to Tiam's liberal hack point:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/sophie-lewis-abortion-an-acceptable-violence

Just how radical is leftist feminism becoming? If a disturbing new video gaining attention online is any indication of the left's trajectory, then the debate surrounding abortion will soon enter its darkest period yet.

The video, featuring author and radical feminist Sophie Lewis, describes pregnancy as "gestational work" and abortion as "an acceptable violence" and "a form of killing that we need to be able to defend."

You have to read Lewis' words to understand the full breadth of the evil underlying her belief:

We're facing a really terrible attack on abortion. In the U.S. where I live, in Northern Ireland and elsewhere. In the past, the strategies that our side has tended to use have included a kind of ceding ground to our enemies. We tend to say that abortion is "Indeed very bad, but," or we say "Luckily it's not killing, luckily it's just a health care right."

We have very little to lose at the moment when it comes to abortion and I'm interested in winning radically. I wonder if we could think about defending abortion as a right to stop doing gestational work. Abortion is, in my opinion, and I recognize how controversial this is, a form of killing. It is a form of killing that we need to be able to defend.

I am not interested in where a human life starts to exist. I see the forms of making and unmaking each other as continuous processes. The other end of the spectrum is learning how to die well and hold each other and let each other go at the end of our lives, as well as at the beginning.

But looking at the biology of the hemochorial placentation helps me think about the violence that, innocently, a fetus meets out vis-a-vis a gestator. That violence is an unacceptable violence for someone who doesn't want to do gestational work. The violence that the gestator meets out to essentially go on strike or exit that workplace is an acceptable violence.

The video, posted by publishing house Verso Books, is meant to promote Lewis' book, "Full Surrogacy Now: Feminism Against Family," in which she argues that family should be abolished — a starkly Marxist ideal fully tested in the 20th century — and that human reproduction should happen only through surrogacy.

24 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

except you just personally insulted me again. lol You aren't all that smart - Tiam - I wasn't in this entire thread at all.

if the extremes are so rare, why do you libs demand it be legal like it's everywhere and a crisis?

Gun violence is rare and on the decline overall in this country.   Has been for a long time...    therefore I don't support measures of contradiction to the Constitution in most any case.   I.E. certain recent measures against 2ndA liberties.  

So since that is rarity (guns, but the issue of violence as a whole is another topic)  thus not an issue, why is abortion to you?   Given that abortion overall is on a decline as JB has pointed out.  

Also I'm still not fully past the "child" comment... so you'll have to forgive me being that you injected yourself into a conversation I was having with Gorka, or Vamba or whatever one of those alt accounts are.  This is me, doing EXACTLY what you have done.   Acknowledge that part and maybe think it through.    Oh and, you really can't seem to bend your head around the fact I'm not a liberal?  At first I thought it was SevenDust level denial.  Now I just realize you aren't capable of processing things that aren't so easily black and white to your understanding.  Worst is your complete lack of willingness to try.

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Also I'm still not fully past the "child" comment...

ah. except I didn't BRING UP the child comment, dude. I simply took the comment and reapplied it.

Go back and look. And there is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT for Americans to arm themselves, and it shall not be infringed.

But do try to show us how there is a "right" to murder unborn, and born tiny living human beings.

You keep defending liberalism - that makes you walk like a duck. A liberal duck.