THE BROWNS BOARD

oh look what church people feel free to discuss on sunday mornings...

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

they refuse to admit that they won't learn the difference about the Old Testament and New Testament.

and they won't look up the word "supercede", either. (and yes, I have never liked the alternate more correct spelling "sede" is nonsense use in the word, whereas "cede" is accurate)

Once more, the New Testament renders the Old Testament LAWS obsolete. The Old Testament laws were impossible to keep. The point is, it is impossible for us to be perfect like God. Therefore, God created his only Son, to die for all our inherent imperfections, take them away....

sure, it's complicated - liberal haters go by emotions, and emotions take no time at all, and said liberal haters gloss over complex, rational, critical thinking required explanations. It conflicts with their emotional knee jerks.

Exactly Cal- there's a truckload of Old Testament "laws" that are obsolete. Except for some religious cults, even the Jews don't sacrifice animals anymore. Tons of Sabbath laws that don't hold water anymore- some may recall Jesus upbraided the Pharisees when they complained his disciples were picking grain on the Sabbath against Rabbinic law. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

sure sounds like the "biblical" jesus didnt think things were that complicated either.....

So first, here is Jesus speaking specifically on the topic of Old Testament teachings:

The Law Stands

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19
“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)
“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

Keep in mind, this is Jesus Christ saying this–in the Bible that all Christians own and cherish. Don’t take my word for it; look it up–it’s all there.

So now that we understand that he fully supported what’s in the Old Testament, let’s take a look at what he actually just commanded us to uphold.

:D Yup, got it. If you want to be hard core about it, I'll let you look up what Jesus said about adultery. If we hold to Old testament Law, probably 30%+ of the adult population in the United States should be taken out and stoned to death. 

& ROTFLMAO we can start with one Donald Trump.  

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Cal- there's a truckload of Old Testament "laws" that are obsolete. 

i couldnt agree more. Problem is next week you'll be reagaling us with cool stories about how on point the whole OT is.

one week its relevant the next week it isnt. All to suit ur personal argument ofvthe moment

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

:D Yup, got it. If you want to be hard core about it, I'll let you look up what Jesus said about adultery. If we hold to Old testament Law, probably 30%+ of the adult population in the United States should be taken out and stoned to death. 

so some fucking human is going to question the word of God?  I don't fucking think so.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Cal- there's a truckload of Old Testament "laws" that are obsolete. Except for some religious cults, even the Jews don't sacrifice animals anymore. Tons of Sabbath laws that don't hold water anymore- some may recall Jesus upbraided the Pharisees when they complained his disciples were picking grain on the Sabbath against Rabbinic law. 

'Even' the jews.  Wow.  I see what a fuck head you are now Hoorta.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

'Even' the jews.  Wow.  I see what a fuck head you are now Hoorta.

Nice religious talk there Diehard. LOL, takes one to know one.  Did I hurt your feelings pointing out Trump's little affair with Stormy was against God's law? One of the reasons I don't post here much- too much name calling, and MAGAs who think Trump can do no wrong. 

If I wanted to bother, I can dig up plenty of Old Testament stuff in Leviticus about sin offerings and such. The Israelites weren't the only cultures way back that  offered animal sacrifices. The cult of Moloch even had adults sacrificing their kids, in case you didn't know- it's where our word immolation comes from. I can go toe to toe with anyone when it comes to religious debate, but then again, I try not to wear my religion on my sleeve. Waste of my time. 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Of course . Never let an opportunity to bash Trump go by, so lets bring him into this. Why start with Trump?

Trump is doing a phenom job as prez and has great worth.

Let's start with the first ngr president Bill Clinton, a predator, molester, rapist, adulterer, then Obama the fggt.

Waddaya say?

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Of course . Never let an opportunity to bash Trump go by, so lets bring him into this. Why start with Trump?

Let's start with Clinton, a predator, molester, rapist, adulterer and the first ngr president, then Obama the fggt.

Waddaya say?

So edgy.  

What a clusterfuck of thread, and of course source explains why.

It doesn't take an expert on the Bible to arrive at the conclusion that the Old Testament laws as they relate to punishment for the "sins of sex" are outdated and not practiced by any Christian denomination. Remember kids, the New Testament Jesus says " let the one who is without sin cast the first stone"..this to a bunch of stone throwers about to execute a prostitute.

Yet you ignorant sluts will use anti gay vitriol spewed by some fringe Christians , or in this case a preacher, and pretend it's a tenet of mainstream Christianity. You're trolls. Your fake "gotchas" aren't fooling anyone.

You should really aim your hate and criticisms toward Islam, a religion that actually practices the Old Testament execution of gays and whores...but I know that's out of the question because you self righteous pussies are so mired in compassion and understanding that you're afraid you might offend Muslims. Right?

• Upvote 2

The New Covenant teaches that homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't teach it is the unpardonable sin but but does teach it is a sin that needs repentance. The Apostle Paul did not just "pick" on the sin of homosexuality he also called out sex outside of marriage and adultery as sins as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

What a clusterfuck of thread, and of course source explains why.

It doesn't take an expert on the Bible to arrive at the conclusion that the Old Testament laws as they relate to punishment for the "sins of sex" are outdated and not practiced by any Christian denomination. Remember kids, the New Testament Jesus says " let the one who is without sin cast the first stone"..this to a bunch of stone throwers about to execute a prostitute.

Yet you ignorant sluts will use anti gay vitriol spewed by some fringe Christians , or in this case a preacher, and pretend it's a tenet of mainstream Christianity. You're trolls. Your fake "gotchas" aren't fooling anyone.

You should really aim your hate and criticisms toward Islam, a religion that actually practices the Old Testament execution of gays and whores...but I know that's out of the question because you self righteous pussies are so mired in compassion and understanding that you're afraid you might offend Muslims. Right?

This post... Man

The irony

The lack of self awareness

The refusal to read other posts

Gold. Absolute gold

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh my God! Islam says bad shit about gays too?!??? My whole world view is now shattered!!!!

Christ you're all predicable

Predictable? How many people worldwide are being slaughtered in the name of Jesus or Jehovah compared to how many are being slaughtered tortured in the name Allah.

I'd say predictable is your knee-jerk reaction to draw a moral equivalency.

WSS

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

Let's start with the first ngr president Bill Clinton, a predator, molester, rapist, adulterer, then Obama the fggt.

Waddaya say?

I say you MAGAS are a waste of my time. Why I'll take a temporary exit from this political nut house of Trump butt sniffers. So far to  the right here apparently moderate Republicans who aren't  overlooking Trump's  many flaws  aren't welcome. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I say you MAGAS are a waste of my time. Why I'll take a temporary exit from this political nut house of Trump butt sniffers. So far to  the right here apparently moderate Republicans who aren't  overlooking Trump's  many flaws  aren't welcome. 

Image result for beatles bye bye gif

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

His moral flaws are inconsequential to his job. Somehow you people fail to grasp that. I don't care if he fucked Stormy Daniels. Good for him.

You people hone in on his moral flaws because you hate him. You don't hate him because he has moral flaws.

Anyone can  see right through you knuckleheads.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Actions speak louder than words. For me the key with Trump is not to watch so much what he says but what he does. And he is doing some good things for the country. The great economy that never happened in 8 years of Obama was not an accident but because of the tax cuts that spurred on the economy. It was a bold move for Trump to move our embassy to Jerusalem something politicians on both sides promised to do but never had the courage to do it. We have entered into terrible trade agreements Trump is re-negotiating to our favor. On issues as a Christian Trump has been the most pro life president since Roe and he has been good on religious freedom issues. For the life of me I cannot see why some of the never Trumpers will not acknowledge the good things he has done and is doing but I do know there are many former never Trumpers who are now supporting him (me for one although my never Trump days only lasted a few weeks in 2016 because no way was I going to vote for Clinton or throw my vote away for a candidate who would not be elected and help Clinton win).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Actions speak louder than words. For me the key with Trump is not to watch so much what he says but what he does. And he is doing some good things for the country. The great economy that never happened in 8 years of Obama was not an accident but because of the tax cuts that spurred on the economy. It was a bold move for Trump to move our embassy to Jerusalem something politicians on both sides promised to do but never had the courage to do it. We have entered into terrible trade agreements Trump is re-negotiating to our favor. On issues as a Christian Trump has been the most pro life president since Roe and he has been good on religious freedom issues. For the life of me I cannot see why some of the never Trumpers will not acknowledge the good things he has done and is doing but I do know there are many former never Trumpers who are now supporting him (me for one although my never Trump days only lasted a few weeks in 2016 because no way was I going to vote for Clinton or throw my vote away for a candidate who would not be elected and help Clinton win).

OK, you're being rational, there's damn little of that around here. I give Trump an A+ for getting two conservatives on the Supreme Court. Everything else? Meh, to bah humbug. One word on tax cuts- great if you're a millionaire, and don't give two shits on how it's ballooning the national debt.  Hmmm, all of a sudden crickets chirping on that front. And about that Infrastructure promise? When he stomps out of a meeting with Pelosi like a two year old because he can't get his way on something else? Seems the only infrastructure he's fixated on is his stinking border wall. Grow the F up already Donald. 

Regarding the 2016 election, MHO is that's the only reason Trump was elected. Donald was the more palatable of two horrible options. (there were around five other Republican candidates I liked way better) If the Dems had put up anyone besides Clinton or crackpot Bernie- they likely would have won. 

MY POV is Trump has deeply divided- if not outright destroyed the Republican party- and he's in big trouble come 2020. Unless- the Dems come up with a chicken in every pot platform, like free college for all, and Medicare for all- without talking about the tax price tag (can we say a trillion or so?) that's going to entail. To show you my level of disgust with Trump- I've been a contributor to the RNC since 2000, when Hillary was running for the Senate in NY. They're not getting another dime out of me until DT (yeah, sometimes his antics remind me of a guy having dts) is gone. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't remember you coming here and criticizing obaMao commie for eight years... maybe it's just me.

and calling us all a "nut house of Trump butt sniffers" isn't anything but a liberal knee jerk name calling, and several of us here are not that.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't remember you coming here and criticizing obaMao commie for eight years... maybe it's just me.

and calling us all a "nut house of Trump butt sniffers" isn't anything but a liberal knee jerk name calling, and several of us here are not that.

I didn't feel the need to- and I didn't vote for Obama either. Just because I didn't post here much during his terms didn't mean I was in love with him. I was violently opposed to the ACA, FWIW. Yeah, I thought Bill Clinton was scum too. Hillary didn't get elected in part because she was carrying too much of Bill's baggage along with her. 

All- make that "most". I think you know who the real Trump butt sniffers are. Those guys are so blinded they can't see clearly. 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

you betcha.

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I didn't feel the need to- and I didn't vote for Obama either. Just because I didn't post here much during his terms didn't mean I was in love with him. I was violently opposed to the ACA, FWIW. Yeah, I thought Bill Clinton was scum too. Hillary didn't get elected in part because she was carrying too much of Bill's baggage along with her. 

All- make that "most". I think you know who the real Trump butt sniffers are. Those guys are so blinded they can't see clearly. 

MAGA. lol

It's pretty sad - there are so many great people who could be great presidents - (only in the republican party.......) but surely they don't want to jump into that marxist volcano, with having their family attacked and threatened, having fraud charges thrown at them every day....

just not good. My favorite politician is Sen. Thune. But so far, he won't run.