THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to break up the power social media conglomerates

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So startups just don’t exist then? I mean those companies crush everyone so not a single one exists. 

Any other luxuries you wish to control, Comrade? I am sure a local potato chip company may not be able to sell as well as Lays so we better level the playing field.

You are missing the point this is not even a conservative or liberal issue. The facts are new start ups are way down and the reason is big tech and that doesn't just affect conservatives it affects everyone.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

u realize being bought out was a personal decision from them right? no one can force u to sell. If u started ur own obfbook.com....then sold out to fb ir whomever... thats YOUR FUCKING CALL. 

and by "getting crushed" u mean being uncompetetive? right. Obviously it would be a huge task taking on fb...but nobidy forces peoole to use fb. If u have a better idra, bring it to market. Conservative social media...make it happen fags. Nothing fb does nor can do, prevents any of u fagborns from starting ur own shit

CalmYellowishBaiji-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are missing the point this is not even a conservative or liberal issue. The facts are new start ups are way down and the reason is big tech and that doesn't just affect conservatives it affects everyone.

Start ups are down for a big reason that is legal and has to do with the big firms having large resources. This situation hits close to home because I had a friend who developed mapping software that used cameras and GPS to pinpoint on a liner referencing system (for our usage, highways) where you were at X mile post and what data was collected related to road maintenance on that spot.

He was getting funding when the idea got on the radar of Google because they saw his work on Github. Instead of fighting for investors and having to learn how to run a firm, my buddy sold his idea for a half million dollars. This is common practice. Individual developers create something in the hopes of having a big fish buy it. He could have fought for investors and struggled for years in the hopes of finding a market for his products....or he can get paid. 

The free market does what it is supposed to do in that situation. Any one who sells their idea could have also chosen to gut it out and make their own way. That isn’t a tech industry specific thing. That is literally any idea.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

Start ups are down for a big reason that is legal and has to do with the big firms having large resources. This situation hits close to home because I had a friend who developed mapping software that used cameras and GPS to pinpoint on a liner referencing system (for our usage, highways) where you were at X mile post and what data was collected related to road maintenance on that spot.

He was getting funding when the idea got on the radar of Google because they saw his work on Github. Instead of fighting for investors and having to learn how to run a firm, my buddy sold his idea for a half million dollars. This is common practice. Individual developers create something in the hopes of having a big fish buy it. He could have fought for investors and struggled for years in the hopes of finding a market for his products....or he can get paid. 

The free market does what it is supposed to do in that situation. Any one who sells their idea could have also chosen to gut it out and make their own way. That isn’t a tech industry specific thing. That is literally any idea.

What we have seen though is even if a new start up refuses to be bought out big tech will just clone their ideas.

"For one thing, the deep pockets and resources of companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple – with a combined value of almost $2.5tn – make it increasingly difficult for startups to compete or attract investment.

“People are not getting funded because Amazon might one day compete with them,” said one founder, who wished to remain anonymous. “If it was startup versus startup, it would have been a fair fight, but startup versus Amazon and it’s game over.”

Even multibillion-dollar startups like Snap, Snapchat’s parent company, struggle to compete against these tech titans.

Like Houseparty, Snap was nipping at the heels of Facebook. At first, Facebook played nicely, making an offer to buy Snapchat – a strategy that worked with Instagram and WhatsApp. When that failed, Facebook cloned all of Snapchat’s features, awkwardly at first but relentlessly and with the resources of a $510bn company, until Snap’s potential slice of the advertising market shriveled to a sliver."

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What we have seen though is even if a new start up refuses to be bought out big tech will just clone their ideas.

"For one thing, the deep pockets and resources of companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple – with a combined value of almost $2.5tn – make it increasingly difficult for startups to compete or attract investment.

“People are not getting funded because Amazon might one day compete with them,” said one founder, who wished to remain anonymous. “If it was startup versus startup, it would have been a fair fight, but startup versus Amazon and it’s game over.”

Even multibillion-dollar startups like Snap, Snapchat’s parent company, struggle to compete against these tech titans.

Like Houseparty, Snap was nipping at the heels of Facebook. At first, Facebook played nicely, making an offer to buy Snapchat – a strategy that worked with Instagram and WhatsApp. When that failed, Facebook cloned all of Snapchat’s features, awkwardly at first but relentlessly and with the resources of a $510bn company, until Snap’s potential slice of the advertising market shriveled to a sliver."

And big tech is the first to make shittier, well marketed clones of good ideas? That is capitalism, Comrade. If I came out with a better dishwasher than GE, I should expect that some lesser quality copy will be made by GE at a price meant to bump me out. So I better have an item that is of such high quality that consumers are willing to pay for it over a cheap clone. Or I better market it as something “cool” like Red Bull was able to do and the big firms couldn’t figure out how to beat that.

I know the tech firms don’t share your political leanings but that doesn’t mean you pitch capitalism and free market principles out the window.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You plan on regulating every industry that is having trouble with new start ups?....  heads up, it's quite a few.

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You plan on regulating every industry that is having trouble with new start ups?....  heads up, it's quite a few.

trust-busting to protect social media interference in elections.

Antitrust Laws

In 1890, the Sherman Antitrust Act became the first legislation passed by the U.S. Congress to limit monopolies. ... In 1914, two additional antitrust pieces of legislation were passed to help protect consumers and prevent monopolies.

https://www.justice.gov/atr/antitrust-laws-and-you

I don't want consumers pillaged via monopolies, and do not want our elections

manipulated and affected by lies and false narratives by the left.

I see plenty of times of companies doing potato chips.

and I don't see any potato chip company trying to screw up our fair elections

by controlling free speech, and spawning overwhelming leftwing support for lies and false narratives to

own our electoral process.

and, I don't want to forget to make green tomato pickles this fall.

(btw, it's almost wild blackberry pickin time)

The Conservative Case for Antitrust

This is American tradition: supporting capitalism with free and competitive markets over monopolies and concentrated wealth.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-conservative-case-for-antitrust-jonathan-tepper/

The Conservative Case for Breaking Up Monopolies Such as Google and Facebook

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/breaking-up-tech-giants-conservative-case/

36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.justice.gov/atr/antitrust-laws-and-you

I don't want consumers pillaged via monopolies, and do not want our elections

manipulated and affected by lies and false narratives by the left.

I see plenty of times of companies doing potato chips.

and I don't see any potato chip company trying to screw up our fair elections

by controlling free speech, and spawning overwhelming leftwing support for lies and false narratives to

own our electoral process.

and, I don't want to forget to make green tomato pickles this fall.

(btw, it's almost wild blackberry pickin time)

If you read something and you can’t discern lie from truth or refuse to do more research, you deserve to be duped. No one can save dumb intellectually lazy people from themselves. They could ban the internet and people would still be getting duped.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The Conservative Case for Antitrust

This is American tradition: supporting capitalism with free and competitive markets over monopolies and concentrated wealth.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-conservative-case-for-antitrust-jonathan-tepper/

The Conservative Case for Breaking Up Monopolies Such as Google and Facebook

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/breaking-up-tech-giants-conservative-case/

This isn't the "conservative" case. I've highlighted this with a large degree of evidence...  For the most part, I'm the last true conservative on this board.    This is the Republican/GoP argument - FDR style Democrat argument.    

there goes liberal Tiam, redefining definitions of words.

"obaMao was a true conservative"

"mcgovern was a true conservative"

"AOC sombeitch is a true conservative"

see? it's easy for liberals to do, and they don't want to know better.

No wonder they can't communicate their emotional knee jerkie. they have to misuse words.

theres literally no hope for these people....this insane hypocricy is willful on their part. "Dont want social media influencing elections".....right.....cause u know next election their ears are up and they wont allow the right to flood their services with blatant lies and fslsehoods that couldnt be verified because of the nature of these social media posts.

Almost once a week we still one of the leftover false memes from 2016 get posted fron someone here on the right. But now we want this policed when they know its coming "hard" against them next year.

I for one cant wait to post all the liberal horseshit memes i know are coming. Ill acknowledge they're horsrshit ofc.....but will gleefully post them anyway.

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Lazy dumb people love a good bucket full of confirmation bias and facts be damned. Some folks just found a way to monetize making dipshits outraged. 

lazy dumb...love confirmation bias...facts be damned...

yep, that's the left. they emotional knee jerk.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

there goes liberal Tiam, redefining definitions of words.

"obaMao was a true conservative"

"mcgovern was a true conservative"

"AOC sombeitch is a true conservative"

see? it's easy for liberals to do, and they don't want to know better.

No wonder they can't communicate their emotional knee jerkie. they have to misuse words.

A true conservative is for small government and free markets. Under Trump it seems that got twisted up. Pro gun control, government manipulation of businesses, and a reduction in free trade. If Dems were doing this, the Political board would be on fire.

41 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

A true conservative is for small government and free markets. Under Trump it seems that got twisted up. Pro gun control, government manipulation of businesses, and a reduction in free trade. If Dems were doing this, the Political board would be on fire.

The only reason I can see Cal's post is because of you're quote, so I'll float this out there for him to see.

Obama was a corporate centrist like Hillary (who i didn"t vote for)  McCain was a GoP auxiliary.  AoC? Don"t give two shits about that woman. 

So IF he want's off my ignore list and want's to be taken seriously, stop saying stupid shit and private message me acknowledging he won't respond to my posts with nonsense.   Notice the detente' I have with OBF because of how he composes himself....?   Like that.  

IF not, he can continue to enjoy my camp threads and posts in the football forum which garner thousands of views (by my last check) while he continues to set the record for threads with fewest (if any) replies on either side of this forum.  

I have no personal issue with Cal.  But I'm done sifting through bullshit.

7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This is very high praise coming from Mark Levin. I relate to Levin as I also supported Cruz in the 2016 primary but Trump has done a great job as president:

Levin: Donald Trump Is ‘Most Conservative President Since Ronald Reagan’

“But can you imagine – we’re not even done with the first year, what’s been going on here – what this man Trump might be able to accomplish?

“And the reason I and so many of you are celebrating so much of what he’s doing is because so much of what he’s doing is conservative.

“So much of what he’s doing is conservative – trying to rein in regulations. I don’t agree with this tax plan, but still, he’s trying to cut taxes. He’s trying to secure American sovereignty, which includes, like any country that seeks to survive, securing our borders for crying out loud. He’s trying to deal with North Korea, which hasn’t been dealt with in any significant and serious way by past presidents, all of whom have appeased the various family members running that country. He’s trying to address Obama’s complete historic sellout to the Iranian regime. He’s trying to address that through the Obama deal by triggering the appropriate sections of that deal.

“If you’re a conservative, you must admit that Donald Trump has been more conservative than you anticipated, which is why most conservatives – I’m not talking about self-aggrandizing, pseudo-conservatives who worked for Bush or self-aggrandizing, pseudo-conservatives who were a part of the Never Trump movement,” stated Mark Levin. “I’m not talking about them. They’ve got their own agendas and their own psychological issues. When you look at this honestly and objectively – and remember, I supported Cruz in the Republican primaries, so I know of what I speak – you have to conclude that Donald Trump is the most conservative president since Ronald Reagan.”

“No, he’s not as conservative, but that’s okay. He’s the most conservative president since Ronald Reagan. There’s no question in my mind about that.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/levin-donald-trump-most-conservative-president-ronald-reagan

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The only reason I can see Cal's post is because of you're quote, so I'll float this out there for him to see.

Obama was a corporate centrist like Hillary (who i didn"t vote for)  McCain was a GoP auxiliary.  AoC? Don"t give two shits about that woman. 

So IF he want's off my ignore list and want's to be taken seriously, stop saying stupid shit and private message me acknowledging he won't respond to my posts with nonsense.   Notice the detente' I have with OBF because of how he composes himself....?   Like that.  

IF not, he can continue to enjoy my camp threads and posts in the football forum which garner thousands of views (by my last check) while he continues to set the record for threads with fewest (if any) replies on either side of this forum.  

I have no personal issue with Cal.  But I'm done sifting through bullshit.

Someone like Cal livens up a message board. I tend to agree with Cal's message's most of the time but even someone like Tex (whom I don't agree with especially about Trump) I get a kick out of his posts on Trump and he livens up the board. I have fun responding to Tex and I have no doubt Tex many times when he is posting about Trump is just taking his stick and poking the bees nest. He knows he will get some bees buzzing. I just try to have fun with it. Life is too short to be serious all the time.

Prov 17:22 - a merry heart does good like a medicine

Remember too the old saying never argue religion or politics yet that is what this side of the board is set up for. it was Mark Twain who once said “Never discuss politics or religion in polite company.” "That general rule – to not talk about religion or politics – is simply to avoid conflict." (So when discussing these subjects we can expect some conflict but on a message board it is good to have different views as preaching to the choir can get boring)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Conservatives can’t compete so they want participation awards and want the game changed for them. 

So true.......do you think conservatives should try a 70% tax rate...blahhhhhhhhhh

Trump is everything(sound from inside your head)! MAGA

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This is very high praise coming from Mark Levin. I relate to Levin as I also supported Cruz in the 2016 primary but Trump has done a great job as president:

Levin: Donald Trump Is ‘Most Conservative President Since Ronald Reagan’

“But can you imagine – we’re not even done with the first year, what’s been going on here – what this man Trump might be able to accomplish?

“And the reason I and so many of you are celebrating so much of what he’s doing is because so much of what he’s doing is conservative.

“So much of what he’s doing is conservative – trying to rein in regulations. I don’t agree with this tax plan, but still, he’s trying to cut taxes. He’s trying to secure American sovereignty, which includes, like any country that seeks to survive, securing our borders for crying out loud. He’s trying to deal with North Korea, which hasn’t been dealt with in any significant and serious way by past presidents, all of whom have appeased the various family members running that country. He’s trying to address Obama’s complete historic sellout to the Iranian regime. He’s trying to address that through the Obama deal by triggering the appropriate sections of that deal.

“If you’re a conservative, you must admit that Donald Trump has been more conservative than you anticipated, which is why most conservatives – I’m not talking about self-aggrandizing, pseudo-conservatives who worked for Bush or self-aggrandizing, pseudo-conservatives who were a part of the Never Trump movement,” stated Mark Levin. “I’m not talking about them. They’ve got their own agendas and their own psychological issues. When you look at this honestly and objectively – and remember, I supported Cruz in the Republican primaries, so I know of what I speak – you have to conclude that Donald Trump is the most conservative president since Ronald Reagan.”

“No, he’s not as conservative, but that’s okay. He’s the most conservative president since Ronald Reagan. There’s no question in my mind about that.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/levin-donald-trump-most-conservative-president-ronald-reagan

That bar is pretty low. Any “conservative” that is pro gun control and anti free market capitalism is not very conservative.