THE BROWNS BOARD

Jesus to stretch his loving arms across the US this weekend

jbluhm86

NBCNews: Searing heat grips much of the U.S. — with the worst of it still to come for many

The sweltering temperatures of recent days were just a warm-up. The heat wave scorching two-thirds of the nation will hit its peak over the weekend.

Thinking about playing the dangerous conditions cool? Think again, health and government officials warn.

Officials from Wisconsin to Boston have declared heat emergencies, canceled classes and mobilized crews to prepare for the soaring temperatures through the weekend, when more than 100 local heat records are expected to fall.

Already early Friday morning, more than 105 million people were under excessive heat warnings and nearly 60 million more were under heat advisories, according to the weather service national map. The heat wave blanketed a swath of the nation from central Nebraska and parts of Oklahoma to Vermont and Massachusetts and northern South Carolina, according to the weather service.

Temperatures in New York City, where the mayor on Thursday declared a heat emergency, are forecast to be as high as 96 degrees on Sunday, and with the humidity, it could feel like 110 degrees, the national weather service and emergency management officials said.

On Thursday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration released a monthly climate report that said that last month was the hottest June on record for the globe. The NOAA global dataset record goes back 140 years, to 1880. Nine of the 10 hottest Junes globally have occurred since 2010, the agency said.

It also said that for the second month in a row, warmth brought Antarctic sea-ice coverage to a new low for June.

25 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

TDJesusafter.jpg.99cdabe44e4dbfcb08b1d3ad92b00c31.jpg

My wife's parents live in the area so I am familiar with "big butter Jesus" the nickname for the statue. Surprisingly the architect or sculptor or whomever the church contracted with to build the statue failed to put a lightning rod up particularly on a huge metal framed statue in water.  (It was a lightning strike that started the fire).

Oh well it only led to an improved full statue and not just a bust of Jesus:

Jesus-Statue-Return.jpg

24 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

The Stunning Statistical Fraud Behind The Global Warming Scare ...

Mar 29, 2018 - This creates a data illusion of ever-rising temperatures to match the ... NOAA, as they introduce nearly 2.5 degrees of fake warming since 1895.

Jun 13, 2012 - In fact, raw temperature data show an 80-year cooling trend. ... who oversee the data have instead doctored the data to show a false, long-term ...
Oct 11, 2018 - The first ever audit of the world's most important temperature data set ...... We know that that is false, so the real reason anomalies are used is to ...
Feb 11, 2019 - The vast majority of high quality long-term temperature data comes from the US, and in fact much of the planet has little or no long-term ...

Major climate science denial group admits to using false temperature ...

Aug 21, 2017 - On August 13, 2017, the climate science denying think tank admitted to sharing “erroneous” temperature data to support Lord Lawson's false ...

How NOAA/NASA Doctored Temperature Data To Get Record Warm ...

Jan 23, 2018 - The topic of how the US temperature record has been massively altered in recent years has been well covered by Tony Heller, myself, and others in the past. ... Were the heat wave and drought in the Eastern United States in 1999 a sign of global warming? ... How can the absence of clear ...

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

My wife's parents live in the area so I am familiar with "big butter Jesus" the nickname for the statue. Surprisingly the architect or sculptor or whomever the church contracted with to build the statue failed to put a lightning rod up particularly on a huge metal framed statue in water.  (It was a lightning strike that started the fire).

Maybe it was a sign? Oh well. I bet Lawrence Bishop didn't pass through the eye of any needles on his way out, if you catch my drift.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

How NOAA/NASA Doctored Temperature Data To Get Record Warm ...

Jan 23, 2018 - The topic of how the US temperature record has been massively altered in recent years has been well covered by Tony Heller, myself, and others in the past. ... Were the heat wave and drought in the Eastern United States in 1999 a sign of global warming? ... How can the absence of clear ...

Indeed. But alarmists aren’t interested in the truth.