THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump vetoes bipartisan bill that would have prevented arms sales to Saudi Arabia and UAE

jbluhm86

47 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Unfortunately,  U.S. involvement in Iran's internal affairs doesn't begin in 1979. The Iranians didn't just wake up one morning in 1979 and decide to storm the embassy in Tehran.

Do a quick google search of SAVAK. Knowing that the people who are making you watch a bunch of guys rape your wife while sticking a cattle prod up your ass were trained by the CIA with the blessing of the benevolent American government won't make the Iranian people look too fondly on the U.S. Also, google the exile of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. The decision to allow him into the U.S for treatment of his cancer (which the State Dept. warned Carter would likely result in the Iranian regime seizing the American embassy) was an act of pure political fuckery on both sides of the ideological aisle.

^^^^this

32 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

things didn't improve for the Iranian people. To be clear though I'm not condoning the human rights abuses of the Shah.

because we embargoed them, pure and simple. And the iranian people were better off without the shah....and that us more imoortant than american inteterests.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

because we embargoed them, pure and simple. And the iranian people were better off without the shah....and that us more imoortant than american inteterests.

Not buying it Cleve..here is but one example:

Iran committing crimes against humanity by concealing fate of thousands of slaughtered political dissidents

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/12/iran-committing-crimes-against-humanity-by-concealing-fate-of-thousands-of-slaughtered-political-dissidents/

47 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not buying it Cleve..here is but one example:

Iran committing crimes against humanity by concealing fate of thousands of slaughtered political dissidents

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/12/iran-committing-crimes-against-humanity-by-concealing-fate-of-thousands-of-slaughtered-political-dissidents/

same thing guevara did to.the bstistas. Funny how "war is war" when ur side is in control or wimning.....but when the shoe is on the other foot its "internationsl war crimes i say!!!"

but when the shah was doing his rape room stuff....well, thats just the price of regional stability via a u.s proxy puppett.....gotcha. 🙄

53 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

same thing guevara did to.the bstistas. Funny how "war is war" when ur side is in control or wimning.....but when the shoe is on the other foot its "internationsl war crimes i say!!!"

but when the shah was doing his rape room stuff....well, thats just the price of regional stability via a u.s proxy puppett.....gotcha. 🙄

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing gay people strung up and hung  publicly for being gay during the Shah's reign? 

My point is this:  if regime change in Iran did not result in making things better for the Iranian people  (and I can post tons of human rights violations since 1979 in Iran) and we were better off with the Shah of Iran (as well as other countries in the region) it means Jimmy Carter backed the wrong horse with Khomeini in helping to topple the Shah.

29 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing gay people strung up and hung  publicly for being gay during the Shah's reign? 

nahhh, just men having to watch their wives raped while tgey themselves were tortured. It was nothing...some harmless waterboarding is all.

35 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and how did carter help khomeini? are u fake news'ing it again?

New information has come to light, showing how former US President Jimmy Carter blindly accepted false promises and helped Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini carry out the Iranian Revolution.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/213292

19 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

so let me get this straight, our president still to this day beleives 5 men exonnerated by DNA tests should have been executed in the 80's....and none of that phases you shitlords. But some other country hangs people for reasons u didnt even bother to investigste.....right.....u children are intellectually meaningless. 

That being ssid i know full well Irsn executes people for being gay. Which is why im not a fan of islam. But whst i also know is that most if not all of u would "gladly" go back to executing lbgt people.