THE BROWNS BOARD

North Carolina gun shop billboard mocks the 'Squad' as 'idiots'

Vambo

12 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No idea why a gun store is pro Trump. Nothing he has done to this point has been pro 2A. 

oh, be serious for a sec. Two supreme court justices solidly pro-Constitution/Bill of Rights. You know what would

have been the case had higgardly won?

seriously.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, be serious for a sec. Two supreme court justices solidly pro-Constitution/Bill of Rights. You know what would

have been the case had higgardly won?

seriously.

The best of a bad situation happened. That doesn’t make it good. He has shown he uses EOs for gun control and has talked openly about his disdain for suppressors and due process for gun owners. Trump is not pro 2A in any manner. 

suppressors are part of this... I don't really care all that much. I'm not sure he really understood more than "silencers" like in the movies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/06/05/trump-signals-hell-consider-silencer-ban-heres-why-he-probably-wont/#37fd821d3eea

The president’s son Donald Trump Jr. showed his support for silencers (and fired one) in a 2016 video for SilencerCo, the country’s largest manufacturer of the firearms attachments.

"Topline: President Trump’s comments from an interview Wednesday in the U.K. that he will “seriously look at” banning gun silencers grabbed big headlines—especially since Trump has largely not supported gun-control measures. But on closer look, he also said, “I don’t love the idea” of a ban, and suggested that restrictions can turn potential victims into “sitting ducks,” with no way to protect themselves. "

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"Topline: President Trump’s comments from an interview Wednesday in the U.K. that he will “seriously look at” banning gun silencers grabbed big headlines—especially since Trump has largely not supported gun-control measures. But on closer look, he also said, “I don’t love the idea” of a ban, and suggested that restrictions can turn potential victims into “sitting ducks,” with no way to protect themselves. "

The “sitting ducks” quote had nothing to do with his take on suppressors. 

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

It is a microcosm of Trump’s impulsiveness to react without all the info if he made public statements about how he dislikes them while not knowing shit about them. 

You mean like Obamao saying "the police acted stupidly" because the professor jerkface was black?

Likehttps://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/president-again-butts-into-local-police-matter/

"Racial Politics: President Obama has a tendency to wade into local crime cases, second-guessing police decisions and making wild accusations of racism, without knowing all the facts. Baltimore is his latest faux pas.

Obama strongly suggested that Baltimore police were to blame for the death of a young black man who died while in custody."

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

You mean like Obamao saying "the police acted stupidly" because the professor jerkface was black?

Likehttps://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/president-again-butts-into-local-police-matter/

"Racial Politics: President Obama has a tendency to wade into local crime cases, second-guessing police decisions and making wild accusations of racism, without knowing all the facts. Baltimore is his latest faux pas.

Obama strongly suggested that Baltimore police were to blame for the death of a young black man who died while in custody."

Zero idea why Obama just came up. 

https://www.cnn.com/2014/05/22/opinion/wright-obama-va/index.html

"Not even a week after the ruling in the Trayvon Martin trial, President Barack Obama couldn't wait to stand before the White House press corps and "speak to an issue that obviously has gotten a lot of attention," as he said last July.
Yet it took Obama more than a month to address the crisis where 40 veterans allegedly died while waiting months for treatment at a Phoenix Veterans Administration hospital."

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Unless you are drawing comparisons then by all means yes they are both full of shit.

be patient. I wasn't done yet. LOL

My point is, I don't remember you getting all riled at obaMao for his mistaken judgements.

This is from the BALTIMORE SUN even:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/bal-democrats-get-a-taste-of-obamas-arrogance-20150515-story.html

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

be patient. I wasn't done yet. LOL

My point is, I don't remember you getting all riled at obaMao for his mistaken judgements.

This is from the BALTIMORE SUN even:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/bal-democrats-get-a-taste-of-obamas-arrogance-20150515-story.html

To be fair, why would I have to? It was fairly covered on here. Obama ended up doing less anti 2A actions because the NRA and conservatives actually gave a shit when a Dem talked about gun regs. Trump does it and we end up with the NRA licking boots and some conservatives trying to justify it. 

When a Dem uses EOs to trash the 2A and fuck with gun owners, I don’t want to hear any whining from the right who sat with their thumbs up their asses when a Republican did the same thing.

You are upset about supressors. I get it. But to negate all his other actions to safeguard our 2nd Amendment is just boring.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/how-president-trump-has-supported-the-second-amendment/#axzz5vCYrFNCt

"Only President Trump has given serious support to the Second Amendment in the 85 years since. Most have tended to be neutral; Democrats became eager to impose more infringements in the 1960's when the entire party was radicalized. President Reagan was supportive, but not as much as President Trump. "

"What has President Trump done to restore the Second Amendment?

The most obvious, long lasting and consequential actions are President Trump's pick of originalist and textualist Supreme Court justices,  Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

These two justices mean the infringements of Second Amendment rights winked at by the Supreme Court in the last three years, will probably be stopped and rolled back.  The Supreme Court will probably validate the right to bear arms outside the home, not just to be able to carry a pistol from the kitchen to the bedroom. It is likely the Supreme Court will hold the Second Amendment protects ammunition sales and the private sale of firearms as well as to mere possession.

Without originalist and textualist justices on the Supreme Court, the circuit courts would be allowed to run roughshod over Second Amendment rights, just as they did for 80 years after the Miller decision. During that period, the Supreme Court simply refused to hear any cases involving the Second Amendment. That will not happen.

We can thank President Donald Trump. President Trump had to drag the Republican party over the finish line, but he was able to do so.

There are other consequential victories from the Trump administration. They are worthwhile.

The Department of Justice reached a settlement with Defense Distributed and the Second Amendment Foundation on removing the ITAR restrictions that had been put in place by the Obama administration. The ITAR restrictions criminalized the transfer of computer code on how to make guns, at least over the Internet.  The ITAR restrictions imperiled both the First and Second Amendments.  A lawsuit against the settlement is in progress. It will fail.

The Corps of Engineers (COE) agreed to settle the two cases challenging the Constitutionality of bans on the exercise of the Second Amendment on lands administered by the COE.  Rulemaking on those agreements is still in progress. Those should support Second Amendment rights on COE managed property.

Importantly, President Donald Trump defends the concept of armed self-defense. As a person who actively held a difficult to obtain concealed carry permit in New York City, he views reality with the gaze of an armed man.

From school shootings, where he has championed the use of armed teachers to defend their charges, to the current outrage of the Pittsburgh synagogue mass murder by a Trump hating anti-Semite, he has refused to bow to those who want a disarmed population.  The Left is continually outraged with President Trump's contention that more armed citizens would result in fewer mass murder victims.

We have not seen progress on national reciprocity or the hearing protection act.  President Trump has lacked the support of his party for the first year and a half of his Presidency. That has been changing. President Trump has been winning over adversaries among the Republicans, just as he has been winning on many national issues.

It has become trite to call the upcoming election the most important election ever. The American system of government has proven amazingly durable. However, over the last 50 years, we have seen a steady erosion of the power and freedoms of the citizenry.

President Trump's election has set the stage for stopping the juggernaut of Progressivism, Globalism, and the massive regulatory state that continually infringes on all our rights as free people.

The loss of the House or the Senate will stop his reforms. Nothing will be accomplished except for endless investigations and calls for impeachment. Many Democrats are calling for the impeachment of Justice Kavanaugh and packing the Supreme Court with more Progressive justices when they take the Presidency, perhaps in 2020.

I do not think that will happen. It all depends on President Trump's supporters going to the polls and retaining Republican party control over the House of Representatives and the Senate.

President Trump, in two years, has been able to convince, cajole,  and construct a Republican party in his image. Control of the House and the Senate is necessary to enact his much-needed reforms. All indication are the races will be settled by which party's voters decide to go to the polls.

President Trump has the numbers if his supporters are willing to take the time to vote."

• Upvote 1

well, I agree with the bump stock ban. I'm fine with machine guns not being legal.

that is pretty much the end of it - I favor suppressors bigtime, wish I could just own them.

but to ignore all he has done, is nonsense.

It doesn't matter when the article was written - FDR was an enemy of the 2nd, Trump supports it hugely, we just disagree

on a few items.

no big deal. The two justices "trump" your blanket condemnation of him.

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I agree with the bump stock ban. I'm fine with machine guns not being legal.

that is pretty much the end of it - I favor suppressors bigtime, wish I could just own them.

but to ignore all he has done, is nonsense.

It doesn't matter when the article was written - FDR was an enemy of the 2nd, Trump supports it hugely, we just disagree

on a few items.

no big deal. The two justices "trump" your blanket condemnation of him.

If a bumpstock is a machine gun then we need to ban fingers and shoulders. Physics is physics.

It really doesn’t trump it if Trump is using EOs to circumvent congress and requiring law abiding citizens to file lawsuits and hope they make it to the Supreme Court. GOA, not the NRA, are in that fight right now. Trump has shown himself to be a NYC Dem on gun rights.

yet he put two excellent pro-2nd Amendment Justices to the Supreme Court. go figure.

and....

all presidents use exec orders. they bypass Congress. Only Pres Trump gets hammered for them.

that is just BS.

Bill Clinton  364  
George W. Bush    291

Buttock ObaMAO  276

Donald Trump  118

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yet he put two excellent pro-2nd Amendment Justices to the Supreme Court. go figure.

and....

all presidents use exec orders. they bypass Congress. Only Pres Trump gets hammered for them.

that is just BS.

Bill Clinton  364  
George W. Bush    291

Buttock ObaMAO  276

Donald Trump  118

If the EOs impact individual gun owners, they tend to be easier spotted. Turning a good bit of law abiding folks into felons will get people a little worked up. 

5 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If the EOs impact individual gun owners, they tend to be easier spotted. Turning a good bit of law abiding folks into felons will get people a little worked up. 

oh, so much MORE than a little....you betcha.

• Upvote 1