THE BROWNS BOARD

Dayton, Ohio, shooting that left 9 dead, 27 hurt halted 'in under a minute' by cops who shot suspect: mayor

Vambo

Dayton, Ohio, shooting that left 9 dead, 27 hurt halted 'in under a minute' by cops who shot suspect: mayor

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-10-may-be-dead-in-dayton-ohio-gunfire-reports

It was the nation's second mass shooting in less than 24 hours after at least 20 people were slain in El Paso, Texas.

Can't happen here... well, it just did. I know the Oregon district well, our Friday afternoon Happy Hour wine swill is two blocks away and around the corner from the shooting.  The main strip is three blocks long- a mix of restaurants, bars (some with live music Steve), and the occasional adult toy shop. A nice place to hang out for the younger crowd who want to go bar hopping on a nice Saturday night. Sadly, the majority of the folks who turned up dead were under 30. 

So I'll offer my POV and the survivalist 2nd amendment crowd aren't going to like what I have to say. I've said elsewhere, I grew up in a hunting family, and I'm not afraid of guns. Yeah, I've shot AK 47s and AR 15s- lots of fun disintegrating targets, as long as you're not paying for the ammo. The problem is when those military assault weapons get into the hands of nut jobs with an agenda. Designed for one purpose- to kill as many people as fast as possible. FWIW, Senator Portman said the magazine the guy was using is illegal in Ohio. The carnage has got to stop- so the latest events have pushed me over the edge, getting behind a ban on the further sale of these paramilitary weapons. I know that isn't going to make the (probably at least the million or five) of these guns suddenly go away. There has to be limits. Make the restrictions for owning one as stringent as the Federal laws now on the books for owning a full automatic machine gun. (These guns are one step below, only limited to how fast you can pull the trigger. IIRC pretty sure I squeezed 17 shots off out of a .22 semi-auto in around 10 seconds.)  Hey- I've always wanted to own a bazooka or grenade launcher. Got to protect myself in case of massive civil unrest ya know. Only kidding about the last part. 

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Can't happen here... well, it just did. I know the Oregon district well, our Friday afternoon Happy Hour wine swill is two blocks away and around the corner from the shooting.  The main strip is three blocks long- a mix of restaurants, bars (some with live music Steve), and the occasional adult toy shop. A nice place to hang out for the younger crowd who want to go bar hopping on a nice Saturday night. Sadly, the majority of the folks who turned up dead were under 30. 

So I'll offer my POV and the survivalist 2nd amendment crowd aren't going to like what I have to say. I've said elsewhere, I grew up in a hunting family, and I'm not afraid of guns. Yeah, I've shot AK 47s and AR 15s- lots of fun disintegrating targets, as long as you're not paying for the ammo. The problem is when those military assault weapons get into the hands of nut jobs with an agenda. Designed for one purpose- to kill as many people as fast as possible. FWIW, Senator Portman said the magazine the guy was using is illegal in Ohio. The carnage has got to stop- so the latest events have pushed me over the edge, getting behind a ban on the further sale of these paramilitary weapons. I know that isn't going to make the (probably at least the million or five) of these guns suddenly go away. There has to be limits. Make the restrictions for owning one as stringent as the Federal laws now on the books for owning a full automatic machine gun. (These guns are one step below, only limited to how fast you can pull the trigger. IIRC pretty sure I squeezed 17 shots off out of a .22 semi-auto in around 10 seconds.)  Hey- I've always wanted to own a bazooka or grenade launcher. Got to protect myself in case of massive civil unrest ya know. Only kidding about the last part. 

Where do you draw the line though Hoorta? All semi automatics shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger so do we ban all semi automatics next? Then magazine size what is the right size?  I would support a tightening up with restrictions on buying an AR-15 or similar rifle but not to the point of a machine gun type restrictions. Even banning assault rifles and tighter restrictions would not have stopped the Vegas shooter as he passed his background checks with flying colors. Also the Vegas shooter was loaded and money was not a problem where even if AR-15's were illegal he would have gotten them on the black market. If we are honest there is no real way to stop these shootings but some restrictions may make it harder for some evil person to become the mass murderer they dream about being. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Where do you draw the line though Hoorta? All semi automatics shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger so do we ban all semi automatics next? Then magazine size what is the right size?  I would support a tightening up with restrictions on buying an AR-15 or similar rifle but not to the point of a machine gun type restrictions. Even banning assault rifles and tighter restrictions would not have stopped the Vegas shooter as he passed his background checks with flying colors. Also the Vegas shooter was loaded and money was not a problem where even if AR-15's were illegal he would have gotten them on the black market. If we are honest there is no real way to stop these shootings but some restrictions may make it harder for some evil person to become the mass murderer they dream about being. 

I'd say the question then becomes why do you want to own an assault rifle? Paranoid? Want to be the most macho guy or gal on the block? Expecting The End, so I've got to stockpile a few thousand rounds of ammo?

Sure, I understand there's guys who really love guns- but some of these home arsenals they've amassed are over the top.  Difference in collecting John Wayne 30 cal limited edition commemoratives and having 10 different flavors of assault rifles lying around. 

I've heard some vets say they like the styling of an assault rifle because it was what they were familiar with in the service. I'm not a huge gun owner myself just having a few guns for self protection at my house. I knew a pastor though who loved to hunt and he had about 30 hunting rifles. If you asked him why he had so many he would just tell you it was his right to own as many as he wanted (and it is...for now). Gun control is a slippery slope. Most of the features of an assault rifle are cosmetic but I believe the mechanics of a semi automatic assault rifle are the same as those of a semi automatic hunting rifle. When the ban on assault rifles happens it won't stop these shootings so they will come after all semi automatics next similar to what happened in Australia.

There is no easy answer and this hashtag stop gun violence is a nice slogan but the devil is in the details. An interesting question though is we had for example plenty of guns in circulation 40 years ago but never had any real problem with mass gun shootings. I know some people who took guns to school years ago to go hunting after school and there was never a problem. What is different today? 

Mrs. OBF just told me the murderer in Dayton said hail satan on twitter and was in a hurry to go to hell by killing as many people as possible...I will answer my own question now..things are worse today with gun violence we never had 40 years ago because of demonic activity...their time is running short 

Not an assault rifle.  It is a semi automatic rifle which shoots one round each time you pull the trigger.  Same as an semi automatic pistol.   Difference being is the clip size.  Some have 30 plus round clips.  To tell the truth, in the infantry we were taught to hardly every use full automatic because it is much less accurate.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I've heard some vets say they like the styling of an assault rifle because it was what they were familiar with in the service. I'm not a huge gun owner myself just having a few guns for self protection at my house. I knew a pastor though who loved to hunt and he had about 30 hunting rifles. If you asked him why he had so many he would just tell you it was his right to own as many as he wanted (and it is...for now). Gun control is a slippery slope. Most of the features of an assault rifle are cosmetic but I believe the mechanics of a semi automatic assault rifle are the same as those of a semi automatic hunting rifle. 1) When the ban on assault rifles happens it won't stop these shootings so they will come after all semi automatics next similar to what happened in Australia.

There is no easy answer and this hashtag stop gun violence is a nice slogan but the devil is in the details. An interesting question though is we had for example plenty of guns in circulation 40 years ago but never had any real problem with mass gun shootings. I know some people who took guns to school years ago to go hunting after school and there was never a problem. 2) What is different today? 

1) The problem there is the easily available high capacity banana clips (some supposedly illegal) folks buy in conjunction with those guns. You don't need (and couldn't use anyway) a 20 shot clip on a hunting rifle. It wouldn't stop the shooting, but it would slow the perpetrator down some when he had to reload. 

2) If you had the answer, you could make millions. I doubt mental illness is more prevalent now than it was 30-40 years ago. Guess there's more folks running around now willing to take out their aggression without regard to the consequences for assumed or imagined slights. Just heard one of the victims was the shooters sister. Guy came from a nice neighborhood, parents pretty regular people from early reports. 

26 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not an assault rifle.  It is a semi automatic rifle which shoots one round each time you pull the trigger.  Same as an semi automatic pistol.   Difference being is the clip size.  Some have 30 plus round clips.  To tell the truth, in the infantry we were taught to hardly every use full automatic because it is much less accurate.

Semantics, Die Hard. Military style weapon suit you better? The better to scare the crap out of guys like Woody? And I well knew full auto will waste a lot of ammo. I believe there's a 5 shot burst option. 

PS- one of my friends, a retired Dayton Police officer posted- one thing this guy didn't plan on- there was significant police presence in the area- those guys thought the worst they were going to see that evening was stop people for peeing on the neighbor's lawns, or public intoxication. There were six officers who responded instantly, and they didn't stop to ask questions first.  

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'd say the question then becomes why do you want to own an assault rifle? Paranoid? Want to be the most macho guy or gal on the block? Expecting The End, so I've got to stockpile a few thousand rounds of ammo?

Sure, I understand there's guys who really love guns- but some of these home arsenals they've amassed are over the top.  Difference in collecting John Wayne 30 cal collectibles and having 10 different flavors of assault rifles lying around. 

oh, my. It is NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE. You want to go boar hunting in Arkansas with a single shot 5.56? Go try it out?

NO, you won't want that. I understand your frustration, but you won't solve any problem by going after SEMI AUTO guns.

The german army had .22 lr pistols. Even revolvers. This whole idea that if we passed a law vs AR-15s is ludicrous. There is no 2nd Amendment then. All the rationale just goes around and around, and won't solve any problem. Look at the guns confiscated in gang raids and drug cartels. You can ban machine guns all you want, they will still have them. Make bombs illegal, oh wait, they are, bombs are still made by mentally ill hate terrorists of one kind and another.

Marina-Armada-61.jpg

Ever SHOOT a revolver? you can shoot one fast.

This whole "it looks like a machine gun so i'm vewy scaewld of them ban them now"...

come on. You really want to classify a semi-auto .22 lr as a dangerous military assualt rifle?

You grew up in a hunting family. That's great, except the 2nd Amendment was never about hunting.

It's about protecting your family, you friends from assault by those who would assault your family and friends - including

animals like a grizzly/black bear/wild boar/mountain lion...

I was stalked one time as a kid - by a mountain IN OHIO. actually, probably the two young cattle I had in 4H were being stalked by a mountain lion one night on the farm in the sixties. It can happen. You want only a few shots available to save your life?

Because gangs/drug cartels/mentally violently ..prone...insane anti-society people kill people?

then ban fire? and bows and arrows. and cars and trucks. and carbon monoxide. and swords. I suppose a sick terrorist type could go into a mall balcony and kill several people with one revolver and a crossbow with a bunch of arrows, more people murdered than these last two incidents.

KNow how many people died on September 11, 2001? planes and box cutters? ban planes?

Sorry, but sick murderers commit violent crimes. Stop them.

Lashing out at the tool they choose, just is spitting into the wind hoping to stop further wind gusts. Won't solve the problem.

So many of these sick murders involve anti-depressent pills, mentally unstable people, and those who lash out in violent threats and desires to commit murder, etc etc etc even online.

It's tragic - violent sick people get guns and kill people. They use other tools, too. Gangs and drug cartels will have any illegal weapons they desire.

If you live in the country down south, on a ranch, you want a single shot shotgun to defend yourself in the middle of the night vs five illegals part of a drug cartel home invading your home?

You would want an AR-15, Hoorta. I would want you to have an AR-15. More than one shot readily available.

You have a farm in ...Arkansas? A herd of eight wild boars go after you out in a field? You want only one shot?

Whatever.

This knee jerk emotion "ban those weapons" cannot go any farther. It doesn't solve the problem at all.

"I come from a hunting family so you can't protect your family with a semi auto gun because I'm mad"...

I was stationed at Wright Pat back in the early seventies, and let me tell you - Fairborn/Dayton was not a safe place at night. I left town on nearly every weekend.

In Biloxi, we were legally barred from attending Mardi Gras. Because too often, you could be the object of violence. The crew cut was a clear "mug me" flag.

Back in Biloxi, they had a scandal "Help Clean  up Biloxi, Kill an Airman" bumper stickers a few years before I got there. I went walking with my girlfriend and her best friend...out to the beach one night - I got a serious talk from Chaplain Smith -  heard about it, and told me "NEVER DO THAT AGAIN" because another airman did that a few years ? previous, he was dating a local gal....and a bunch of local haters caught them on the beach, beat the hell our of the guy, raped his girlfriend, beat her up, and left them both for dead. They didn't have much, and the local airmen always had plenty of money to do things, and were hated out of jealousy.

I think if I had to be alone with my date on a beach for some reason, car break down, whatever, I'd want a semi-auto pistol, hopefully two ciips....or an AR-15 to save us. Wouldn't you?

"military style" BS. Ever hear of people being murdered by a style?

We have this problem because the left wants to gain politically from any problem - poverty, health care, violence, etc.

"never let a crisis go to waste"

54 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You are right, not an assault rifle and I usually don't make that mistake. My bad.

Furthermore, (aren't you guys happy with my fast typing? long windbagsies? LOL)

Back some 6 years ago, I had been threatened by a nutjob while out in our woods during deer gun season. He was on the edge of our woods, saw me, and went ballistic, screaming at me, threatening to "shoot a deer next to my head" and aiming his shotgun my direction. I got behind a big tree, he kept screaming, I called my Wife and had her call the Sheriff dept, they got there very, very fast.

I had run into the guy the year before, while he was poaching the neighbor's woods. He inferred he and his friend were bigger than me, and could kick my ass. I simply said a few nice things back to him......and his friend disavowed him right then and there.

That idiot never, ever bothered me again. The Sheriff told me he would do the same thing - be out there watching our beautiful woods, but he said, "Sir, I would ...never...come out here without being armed. You don't know anymore- with the drugs (he named them but I had no idea), we deal with it every single week - they aren't right - extremely violent and desperate. I tell all my friends and family and folks like you - get a concealed carry permit and carry it everywhere you can. Things are changing in our country, we're not safe like we used to be, for the most part, back in the day."

Hoorta - you think our sheriff is "paranoid" ? "

I already talked about our trip to Vegas, and nearly being mugged by a tall guy who may? have had a knife in his pocket. Can't count on detectives running out into the lit part of the tunnel of lights again. They had been in place all that time, and we never saw them. Thank God for those guys. I didn't have a CCW back then. Hope it NEVER happens again.

2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

from the comments:

"Warren supporter. Well that ends that Phantom White Supremacy theory. Now back to regular new: Trump hate...Trump hate...Trump hate...Racist...Trump hate...Trump hate..."

" So Betts was a registered democrat. CNN will never mention that. "

" What is a mother of a newborn doing partying at a bar at 1 am? "

"All the evidence points to Betts as being a liberal. We know that democrats often abort their own...….small step then to shooting your own family members.

" Connor Betts was a declared leftist according to his Twitter page but go ahead and blame Trump anyway..humph "

yeah, you gun control folks - think it would solve any problem?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4313014/Anti-aircraft-machineguns-MORTARS-seized-gang.html

The collection includes more than 10,000 assault rifles, machine guns, revolvers, pistols and 400 grenades and mortars.

Authorities said some of the weapons were even 'capable of shooting down aircraft.'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cache-of-1000-guns-seized-from-los-angeles-mansion-in-raid

More than 1,000 guns seized from LA home near Playboy Mansion; suspect in custody, police say

The LAPD and ATF said they were tipped off that a person was manufacturing illegal firearms inside the home and selling them to gang members, Los Angeles' Fox 11 reported. Photos from the scene showed stacks of hundreds of rifles and handguns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

coming to a big city in your state (if the dems have continued "open borders")

Firearms, Ammunition, and Explosives Smuggling Investigations | ICE

As the primary federal law e. ... mobile hamburger button image .... of preventing the procurement of these items by drug cartels, terrorists, human rights violators, ...
Missing: gangs ‎| Must include: gangs

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Furthermore, (aren't you guys happy with my fast typing? long windbagsies? LOL)

Back some 6 years ago, I had been threatened by a nutjob while out in our woods during deer gun season. He was on the edge of our woods, saw me, and went ballistic, screaming at me, threatening to "shoot a deer next to my head" and aiming his shotgun my direction. I got behind a big tree, he kept screaming, I called my Wife and had her call the Sheriff dept, they got there very, very fast.

I had run into the guy the year before, while he was poaching the neighbor's woods. He inferred he and his friend were bigger than me, and could kick my ass. I simply said a few nice things back to him......and his friend disavowed him right then and there.

That idiot never, ever bothered me again. The Sheriff told me he would do the same thing - be out there watching our beautiful woods, but he said, "Sir, I would ...never...come out here without being armed. You don't know anymore- with the drugs (he named them but I had no idea), we deal with it every single week - they aren't right - extremely violent and desperate. I tell all my friends and family and folks like you - get a concealed carry permit and carry it everywhere you can. Things are changing in our country, we're not safe like we used to be, for the most part, back in the day."

Hoorta - you think our sheriff is "paranoid" ? "

I already talked about our trip to Vegas, and nearly being mugged by a tall guy who may? have had a knife in his pocket. Can't count on detectives running out into the lit part of the tunnel of lights again. They had been in place all that time, and we never saw them. Thank God for those guys. I didn't have a CCW back then. Hope it NEVER happens again.

Sherriff? No. You? Hell yes. From multiple paranoid reactions  you've posted previously. MHO? Anyone who feels the need to have a concealed carry permit (and I have a couple  relatives who do have them) by definition IS paranoid. You obviously need a couple  100 round drum magazines like this guy had, the next time you want to take out a herd of buffalo, or pre process a deer into hamburgers. :D

Don't fn' obfuscate. No  hunter is going after wild boar with a single shot.

You're  trotting out the old arguement, slightly modified- " when guns are illegal, only criminals will own guns". You part of the 2nd amendment crowd over this latest mass killing - too bad, so sad but there's  really nothing we can do  about it. People are getting deprived of life because of our Wild West laws that let folks the ability to buy military  style weapons. 

I'll  toss this one out as OBF initially brought it up. Let's turn back the clocks 50 years. High capacity weaponry wasn't  available to the general public. Right? So who's  responsible? Gun manufacturers you say? Are they getting sued big time for the carnage? I think so.

Hoorta..I don't think 50 years ago anyone bent on killing people would have had too much trouble getting all the firepower they wanted except guns and ammo would be cheaper and easier to access than it is now...It is not the guns that are the problem as much as the breakdown of our society. When is enough gun control going to be enough because I am certain once military style rifles are banned we will continue to have mass shootings...then what? Then it will be banning ALL semi automatics. As you noted there is no real difference between a semi automatic hunting rifle and a military style semi automatic rifle except for the magazine.

Remember too we had a ban on some semi automatic rifles under Clinton that had a sunset clause after 10 years. If I remember right the banning of those rifles did not do much then (which is why they allowed the law to expire after 10 years) and it is not going to do that much now...except that law abiding citizens are certain to lose more gun rights going forward.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll  toss this one out as OBF initially brought it up. Let's turn back the clocks 50 years. High capacity weaponry wasn't  available to the general public. Right? So who's  responsible? Gun manufacturers you say? Are they getting sued big time for the carnage? I think so.

A better question, outside of U of Texas incident, we went many many decades without anything of this sort going on. During that time, there were minimal firearms regulations. Full auto Thompsons were able to be ordered out of farmer's almanacs . The same gear was able to be bought in the 80s as there is today. Why did all of a sudden in the late 90s kids start thinking it o.k. to lash out like this? We have some pretty deep societal and mental health issues in this country that are going unaddressed. HIPAA is structured in a way that it is exceedingly difficult to have better mental health screening during purchases. Something has to give but we shouldn't pretend that it is the firearms or availability that changed over time and not us as people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

A better question, outside of U of Texas incident, we went many many decades without anything of this sort going on. During that time, there were minimal firearms regulations. Full auto Thompsons were able to be ordered out of farmer's almanacs . The same gear was able to be bought in the 80s as there is today. Why did all of a sudden in the late 90s kids start thinking it o.k. to lash out like this? We have some pretty deep societal and mental health issues in this country that are going unaddressed. HIPAA is structured in a way that it is exceedingly difficult to have better mental health screening during purchases. Something has to give but we shouldn't pretend that it is the firearms or availability that changed over time and not us as people.

It starts with parenting or lack there of. IMO

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

People are getting deprived of life because of our Wild West laws that let folks the ability to buy military  style weapons. 

bull. I just posted about how gangs and drug cartels even have anti-aircraft guns and hand grenades, you knucklehead.

those are illegal.

how do you figure these bombers got bombs when bombs are ILLEGAL ?

and "paranoid" ? no more than the sheriff who advised me, when I was threatened in our woods.

but since you mocked CCW, have a nice day:

NEWS4SA  

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Police said a suspected intruder was shot during a home invasion on the Southwest Side on Wednesday morning. ...

FOX31 Denver  

Friday, July 26, 2019

A 7-Eleven customer shot two people who were allegedly trying to rob the Virginia Beach convenience store early ...

NBC10 Boston  

Friday, July 26, 2019

Three days after a New Hampshire homeowner opened fire on a stranger who had broken into his home, ...

Tucson.com  

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Phoenix police say a 19-year-old man fatally shot a knife-wielding robber attempting to steal his car at a ...

KUSI News  

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A burglar who attacked and stabbed a Lake Murray man today during an early-morning confrontation in the victim’s ...

FOX Carolina  

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Anderson County deputies are investigating after a homeowner said he has to shoot a man to defend his ...

Deseret News  

Monday, July 15, 2019

An alleged intruder was shot and injured Saturday night after breaking into a home in Lehi, police said. ...

The Daily Signal  

Friday, July 12, 2019

At a time when many high-profile politicians are comfortable proposing laws that impose serious burdens on the right ...

WFLA.COM  

Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Tampa pastor held a suspected intruder at gunpoint while he waited for police to arrive, authorities said. ...

WSB Radio Atlanta  

Thursday, July 11, 2019

An intruder armed with a machete was shot Thursday morning when he broke into a north DeKalb County ...

The Spokesman-Review  

Monday, July 8, 2019

It wasn’t the first time the man had broken into the home, but it was the first time ...

The Daily Signal  

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Contrary to the rhetoric of many gun control advocates, the Second Amendment’s protection of the individual right to ...

News4Jax  

Thursday, June 13, 2019

A woman shot and killed a man who broke into her Ortega Farms home on the Westside, the ...

NBC12 Richmond  

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Virginia police are accusing a man of attempting an armed robbery at a convenience store gas pump, a ...

Personal Defense World  

Friday, June 7, 2019

Beyond the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment, there are lots of reasons to own a gun. These ...

Fox 17 Nashville  

Thursday, June 6, 2019

The family has told Eyewitness News that the intruder, Andrew Oldham, knew the woman and had been stalking ...

WFLA  

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Tampa Bay mother said she experienced 26 minutes of terror.  During half of that nightmare, Lauren Richards ...

Local 10  

Thursday, May 30, 2019

A man accused of stealing a car with a 6-year-old boy inside in West Palm Beach and crashing ...

WDRB  

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The mother of a 12-year-old girl says her daughter did everything right when a man broke into their ...

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Hoorta..I don't think 50 years ago anyone bent on killing people would have had too much trouble getting all the firepower they wanted except guns and ammo would be cheaper and easier to access than it is now...It is not the guns that are the problem as much as the breakdown of our society. When is enough gun control going to be enough because I am certain once military style rifles are banned we will continue to have mass shootings...then what? Then it will be banning ALL semi automatics. As you noted there is no real difference between a semi automatic hunting rifle and a military style semi automatic rifle except for the magazine.

Remember too we had a ban on some semi automatic rifles under Clinton that had a sunset clause after 10 years. If I remember right the banning of those rifles did not do much then (which is why they allowed the law to expire after 10 years) and it is not going to do that much now...except that law abiding citizens are certain to lose more gun rights going forward.

You know, thinking about it just banning  long guns won't  do much. Having a backpack full of high capacity  clips for a Glock in the wrong  hands nets the same result.

Whether you believe in the devil  or not looks like he's hard at work.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You know, thinking about it just banning  long guns won't  do much. Having a backpack full of high capacity  clips for a Glock in the wrong  hands nets the same result.

I think where all of this is heading is an eventual  ban on all semi automatics and I would hate to see us lose this right to own semi automatics we have had for so long and then have it taken away...because we have too many soft targets and the feel good gun control laws will not stop mass shootings we will have a continual cycle of mass shootings and then more calls for more and more gun control. There has to be a better answer.

The simple answer is it is demonic but a huge problem are broken homes and families and children not raised right but I would argue that the breakdown of families is demonic in itself.  Anything to make families stronger vs weaker is a good place to start. Much of the democrats welfare programs have been devastating to families by rewarding single mothers and punishing single mothers getting assistance with removing the assistance if they get married. 

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Hey, Hoorta, would you like me to post another...thousand of incidents ?

"Earth to Hoorta" LOL

If it makes you feel safer, God Bless ya Cal. Had you been in that line at Ned Peppers, and taken a few pot shots at the guy wearing body armor, you'd have been the first person  he targeted. RIP

A gun isn't  going  to  protect you  100% of the time if Jesse James shoots first. I'll  leave it at that. 

26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

One of the worst mass shootings was exactly that. The Virginia Tech  mass murderer killed 32 with two semi auto handguns a Glock and Walther 22:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If it makes you feel safer, God Bless ya Cal. Had you been in that line at Ned Peppers, and taken a few pot shots at the guy wearing body armor, you'd have been the first person  he targeted. RIP

A gun isn't  going  to  protect you  100% of the time if Jesse James shoots first. I'll  leave it at that. 

Hence the training. It's a matter of training - I know the armor helps...but it also has weaknesses.

My CCW instructor would disagree with you. over 4 years special forces.

Advanced training is good. There would be alternatives to simply firing in self defense at body armor.

http://freedomguide.blogspot.com/2012/01/american-mercenary-defeating-body-armor.html

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/seven-things-you-dont-know-about-body-armor

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No offense, but having a CCW hardly makes you a special forces operator.  A one day firearms safety course will not prepare you for this type situation.

Never implied anything of the sort. But I appreciate learning from an expert. Never going to be an expert, obviously.

Just want to know more than the CCW class. My hay bales smooshed, but I can get a few of the round large bales to set up at my

practice range. Need to practice more. I don't intend on ever having to be in a situation where I have to defend myself and others. But haven't forgotten the attempted mugging in Vegas that night. And there were a few home invasions in our area last year.

It's a good thing the murders in Texas and Ohio weren't committed by an illegal, or the left would ignore them and not pretend to want to solve the problem.

About training - sure, you can't account for whatever dangerous situation you might ever face. But learning the fundamentals is key...and practice.

Situational avoidance is paramount....