THE BROWNS BOARD

Dayton, Ohio, shooting that left 9 dead, 27 hurt halted 'in under a minute' by cops who shot suspect: mayor

Vambo

26 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

er? I know you can't shoot your firearm in the city usually, but in your home should be fine and...

if you have a farm you can't shoot your guns??? That is bogus. I set up my training backdrop out back, along the edge of the woods.

We just went shooting the other day - best friends' daughter came out with her friend from NC - I taught her to shoot a few years ago, and her friend never shot a pistol. So, I gave her my infamous safety speech, responsibility etc, and had her shooting fairly well. My Walther doesn't kick hardly much at all - I can rapid fire two shots and stay on target pretty much. She was anticipating recoil that she expected from having shot her fiance's 12 gauge shotgun. LOL She handled it well, had to straighten her arm, change stance, etc...and she really got it. 

No shooting, period outdoors in Cuyahoga county.   I think the only 'farm' might be in North Royalton.  They do allow bow hunting deer in some cities with a special permit from the Police in certain areas.

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

so Trump gave a heartfelt speech to the victims... of Toledo

Fuck could you imagine if Obama did that? We'd have like 6 threads on it by now

At least he got the state right...that’s more than we can say for dickhead Biden.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that's sad. good old democrat run cuyahoga county. I could go shoot and practice all day long and be legal. A couple years ago, an ex-neighbor came over on our farm, walked around the barn, and raised hell with me for shooting within a hundred yards of his yard.

1)  I told him I was perfectly legal, and I could shoot within a foot of his yard, I told him he needed to learn to mind his down damn business and stay on his own land. He threatened to call the Sheriff, and I grinned and told him I hope he does...

so, after I sighted in my .22 magnum rifle, I was back at home and I called the sheriff's office, and they said I was absolutely correct.

We were not in the city, we were in the township and I can shoot within an inch of his yard, on the edge of our property, onto our property, all day long. So, the next day I was target practicing close to the barn where he could see me, with my CCW pistol.

2)   They moved about six months later. Good riddance.

1) Nice confrontational style Cal, I've notice that in some of your other interactions with folks. No wonder you feel the need to have concealed carry. Yup, you were within in your "rights". It's happened more than once being said at a funeral- he was within his rights- too bad he's DEAD RIGHT. 

2) They probably moved because from their POV- "Man, we have to get away from that gun crazy asshole living next door." :D  

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

1) Nice confrontational style Cal, I've notice that in some of your other interactions with folks. No wonder you feel the need to have concealed carry. Yup, you were within in your "rights". It's happened more than once being said at a funeral- he was within his rights- too bad he's DEAD RIGHT. 

2) They probably moved because from their POV- "Man, we have to get away from that gun crazy asshole living next door." :D  

hardy har. The guy was trouble with other neighbors, too. Went ballistic with the other neighbor because their kids' toy blew into his yard. I was fine with him for a good while, until he was hitting golf balls out into my field one day. I wasn't very happy when I walked up and politely explained to him that golf balls don't degrade, and can damage combine and other equipment.

Later, in the fall, one day I go out to the barn, and his son and a friend are hitting golf balls out into our field. Yep, THEN I did the confrontational style.

Another time, we got back late from somewhere, and I went to put the tractor away. By the time I started it, drove it into the barn, he stomped out there in his jammies and said he was going to call the police. I smirked at him and told him it was going to rain and we got back late.

There was more to the story, so thanks for making me tell it. lol

• Thanks 1