THE BROWNS BOARD

Leftwing politicians encouaging threats and violence.

calfoxwc

More of the left's Saul Alinsky rules for radicals tactics. After working overtime to demonize Trump (and conservatives) then they go after Trump and conservative  donors:

JUST IN: Leftist Hacks Publish Kevin McCarthy’s Donors After Joaquin Castro Refuses to Delete His Tweet Outing Trump Donors

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/06/exclusive-google-leftists-condemn-cpac-as-circus-platform-for-hate-in-leaked-discussion/

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

u know full it does, why is it conservatives have become such profane bullshitters? liberals can call for people to be heckled at dinner and u guys, snd rightfully so, respond by saying that could easily trigger some people to turn violent even tho the msg isnt "explicitly" advocating violence. Yet conservatives can draw crosshairs on people, can say these people over here are "invading" our country for nefarious purposes, can call for people to be literslly hung on the national mall, include elected officials on billboards cslling them the 4 horseman and then adveryising for guns a mile ahead on tbe right......and none of that, in ur addled brain, registers as distinct implicit calls for violence.

dems well return tge favor in kind.....just the way it is now

I'm a free speech person and too much of this complaining is nothing more than some trying to shut down speech they don't like. The cure for speech you don't like is to counter it not shut it down. Of course if there is any real incitement to violence I would never support it. I don't like to see "my" side mocked either but it comes with the territory.

The only problem I saw with the billboard ad was that it was promoted by a gun company and I think they do have more of a responsibility but if that ad was done by about anyone else it was fine and clearly just mocking. 

42 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

More of the left's Saul Alinsky rules for radicals tactics. After working overtime to demonize Trump (and conservatives) then they go after Trump and conservative  donors:JUST IN: Leftist Hacks Publish Kevin McCarthy’s Donors After Joaquin Castro Refuses to Delete His Tweet Outing Trump Donors

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/06/exclusive-google-leftists-condemn-cpac-as-circus-platform-for-hate-in-leaked-discussion/

it's a culture war that is turning vicious, way past corrupt, becoming violent. I hope every honest American in this country realizes it.

publishing donors... it'd been done before with New Yorkers who agreed to register their guns, including a map to the homes...:

Dec 27, 2012 - Newspaper's gun permit map causes outcry 02:40 ... An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and ... The map, published by The Journal News, allows readers to zoom in on red dots ..... If you're embarrassed by your gun, get rid of it.

New York newspaper posts map with names and addresses of ...

https://www.theverge.com/.../new-york-newspaper-posts-map-with-names-addresses-o...
Dec 25, 2012 - "Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?" That's the question posed by The Journal News, a New York newspaper that published a Google map on Sunday ... Freedom of Information laws, but the Journal didn't get everything it wanted. ... names, only the street on which the permit was registered.
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it's a culture war that is turning vicious, way past corrupt, becoming violent. I hope every honest American in this country realizes it.

publishing donors... it'd been done before with New Yorkers who agreed to register their guns, including a map to the homes...:

Dec 27, 2012 - Newspaper's gun permit map causes outcry 02:40 ... An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and ... The map, published by The Journal News, allows readers to zoom in on red dots ..... If you're embarrassed by your gun, get rid of it.

New York newspaper posts map with names and addresses of ...

https://www.theverge.com/.../new-york-newspaper-posts-map-with-names-addresses-o...

Dec 25, 2012 - "Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?" That's the question posed by The Journal News, a New York newspaper that published a Google map on Sunday ... Freedom of Information laws, but the Journal didn't get everything it wanted. ... names, only the street on which the permit was registered.

A case that always bothered me but seemed to be okey dokey with the lefties on the board was when the CEO of Mozilla privately gave some money to support a traditional marriage org, opposed to gay marriage ...he did this on his own time with his own dime...and he did it privately. Then the left hacked into the traditional marriage groups finances and got their list of donors and doxxed this Mozzilla Ceo who was quickly forced to resign...Orwellian

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

u know full it does, why is it conservatives have become such profane bullshitters? liberals can call for people to be heckled at dinner and u guys, snd rightfully so, respond by saying that could easily trigger some people to turn violent even tho the msg isnt "explicitly" advocating violence. Yet conservatives can draw crosshairs on people, can say these people over here are "invading" our country for nefarious purposes, can call for people to be literslly hung on the national mall, include elected officials on billboards cslling them the 4 horseman and then adveryising for guns a mile ahead on tbe right......and none of that, in ur addled brain, registers as distinct implicit calls for violence.

dems well return tge favor in kind.....just the way it is now

"Heckled"?  Yessirree  we can always count on you to marginalize leftists advocating violence, and grossly exaggerate whatever the fuck the right is doing these days.

Anyway to the point...In your little rant you made clear what the problem in this country yet you were oblivious to it.  You and your triggered kind justify conservative speech, ideas, policy, point of view as being as acts violence, so you react with violence...real violence.  That's fucked up Clevis. You know it is.

39 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Anyone that reads Cleve's posts, did you catch that?

OMG ...if that ain't a self depicting projection LOLOLOL

I don't read his uneducated charles manson like insane rambling anymore. and the misspellings.....bad

grammar, misuse of words....pseudo-intellectualism at it's best

just not worth giving any attention to.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A case that always bothered me but seemed to be okey dokey with the lefties on the board was when the CEO of Mozilla privately gave some money to support a traditional marriage org, opposed to gay marriage ...he did this on his own time with his own dime...and he did it privately. Then the left hacked into the traditional marriage groups finances and got their list of donors and doxxed this Mozzilla Ceo who was quickly forced to resign...Orwellian

Freedom of speech not freedom from consequence

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Freedom of speech not freedom from consequence

The only way you could justify this is if he were secretly supporting something really bad and he wasn't. He was secretly supporting something millions of other Americans were supporting. He was not trying to create any controversy as he donated to the traditional marriage org. privately. It only came out publicly because someone illegally hacked into the finances of the traditional marriage groups finances and then took the private information of donors and made it public. This is so Orwellian I am surprised even lefties like you can support it even if you 100 percent disagree with the cause he was supporting . 

The hacking and release of private records should be prosecuted.  Pretty cut and dry there.

Beyond that?  Public opinion.  If public pressure isn't something their board wanted to deal with, then they wouldn't have asked the CEO to step down.

Orwellian would be things like ' thought crimes'.  This isn't that.

50 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The hacking and release of private records should be prosecuted.  Pretty cut and dry there.

Beyond that?  Public opinion.  If public pressure isn't something their board wanted to deal with, then they wouldn't have asked the CEO to step down.

Orwellian would be things like ' thought crimes'.  This isn't that.

Seems like almost a thought crime to me. I understand you don't want your CEO to be making waves or stirring controversy but what should have been considered is that he did his best to keep his personal views private and it was not his fault it became public. What if it came out he supported gay marriage and was donating to that cause. That would be acceptable...why? At the time the issue was pretty evenly split so I guess you have to have the right group think.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The only way you could justify this is if he were secretly supporting something really bad and he wasn't. He was secretly supporting something millions of other Americans were supporting. He was not trying to create any controversy as he donated to the traditional marriage org. privately. It only came out publicly because someone illegally hacked into the finances of the traditional marriage groups finances and then took the private information of donors and made it public. This is so Orwellian I am surprised even lefties like you can support it even if you 100 percent disagree with the cause he was supporting . 

If someone did something illegal to access that info then they should be punished. It doesn't matter the ideology. I never said I supported it and I'm disappointed you're just throwing around terms like "lefty". 

You may think there's nothing wrong with what he was supporting. That doesn't change what other people think. Private companies are allowed to protect themselves here if they fear loss in sales.

Again, you don't get freedom from consequence

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If someone did something illegal to access that info then they should be punished. It doesn't matter the ideology. I never said I supported it and I'm disappointed you're just throwing around terms like "lefty". 

You may think there's nothing wrong with what he was supporting. That doesn't change what other people think. Private companies are allowed to protect themselves here if they fear loss in sales.

Again, you don't get freedom from consequence

And you aren't getting  how much the nightmare Orwellian world is becoming more of a reality all the time...I din't see it in 1984...in 2019 it is here with a vengeance. And it looks like it is only going to get worse. That CEO should have never been forced to resign for his personal beliefs and that is what they were personal beliefs...only made public illegally. Personal beliefs that were not so outrageous as about half of the population at the time held the same beliefs.

28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Seems like almost a thought crime to me. I understand you don't want your CEO to be making waves or stirring controversy but what should have been considered is that he did his best to keep his personal views private and it was not his fault it became public. What if it came out he supported gay marriage and was donating to that cause. That would be acceptable...why? At the time the issue was pretty evenly split so I guess you have to have the right group think.

If the issue was so evenly split, then i doubt the result would have been so unfavorable for him.

Had he donated money to a rather....disagreeable type cause, maybe even had a choice word or two about minorities, but done so in private - would you still be so steadfast in defending the mans circumstances? 

Just now, tiamat63 said:

If the issue was so evenly split, then i doubt the result would have been so unfavorable for him.

Had he donated money to a rather....disagreeable type cause, maybe even had a choice word or two about minorities, but done so in private - would you still be so steadfast in defending the mans circumstances? 

Not really Tiam...lets say the population is evenly split between liberals and conservatives that doesn't mean you have that same breakdown in a company..for example Google employees which are heavily skewed to the left to the point that someone just having conservative views can find himself out of a job. 

And I would not support the CEO if he had been privately supporting something we would all recognize as being bad..if it came out that secretly he had made racial slurs then he would have to live with the consequences. Now he has brought reproach to the company he works for.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not really Tiam...lets say the population is evenly split between liberals and conservatives that doesn't mean you have that same breakdown in a company..for example Google employees which are heavily skewed to the left to the point that someone just having conservative views can find himself out of a job. 

And I would not support the CEO if he had been privately supporting something we would all recognize as being bad..if it came out that secretly he had made racial slurs then he would have to live with the consequences. Now he has brought reproach to the company he works for.

It doesn't matter what the company breakdown is. It matters what the breakdown is for that company's consumers. 

You need to realize your views are outdated. What you feel is "alright" is behind the times. Would you feel the same way if a CEO was forced to resign if it came out he donated to a group that is against interracial marriage? Being anti gay marriage is essentially in the same boat now. 

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It doesn't matter what the company breakdown is. It matters what the breakdown is for that company's consumers. 

You need to realize your views are outdated. What you feel is "alright" is behind the times. Would you feel the same way if a CEO was forced to resign if it came out he donated to a group that is against interracial marriage? Being anti gay marriage is essentially in the same boat now. 

Wasn't the CEO on the winning side of traditional marriage at the time? He was because the ballot initiative was passed by the voters so even that argument doesn't fly...He was taking the majority view at the time. He should have never been forced to resign.

25 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Wasn't the CEO on the winning side of traditional marriage at the time? He was because the ballot initiative was passed by the voters so even that argument doesn't fly...He was taking the majority view at the time. He should have never been forced to resign.

I have no idea what the voting was at the time.

I do know that the cross section on Firefox users and ballot initiative voters are probably not one in the same.