THE BROWNS BOARD

Universal's 'The Hunt' that satirizes killing of 'deplorables' slammed online, called 'beyond sick' and 'disturbing'

Vambo

Universal's 'The Hunt' that satirizes killing of 'deplorables' slammed online, called 'beyond sick'

Universal's "The Hunt" isn't even out yet, but many are taking to Twitter to react to the film's trailer, calling it "beyond sick" and "disturbing."

"The Hunt," which initially was going to be titled "Red State vs. Blue State," is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers as they take a private jet to a five-star resort, where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing "deplorables."

Wonder who the marketing genius's were who thought this one up? Whether or not it is a satire who knows as from what I read the recent calling of it as 'satire" instead of a horror movie was because of all the criticism. Now I guess it is just a movie to tickle our funny bone. Hollyweird.. 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Ice T handled this sort of thing in the 90's.  You guys will be ok.

The real satire I see is liberal Hollywood who have been preaching to the masses about how Trump needs to stop using those mean words in tweets because it incites violence and then make a movie like this..

• Upvote 1

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

The real satire I see is liberal Hollywood who have been preaching to the masses about how Trump needs to stop using those mean words in tweets because it incites violence and then make a movie like this..

One is real life, the other isn't.  Reading the synopsis, actually sounds like a few of you will rather enjoy this movie.   Maybe start there....?  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

One is real life, the other isn't.  Reading the synopsis, actually sounds like a few of you will rather enjoy this movie.   Maybe start there....?  

I read the synopsis..still seems dumb..not an original plot at all just change the hunter vs the hunted characters and how many other movies have had the same plot?

BTW - even when Trump says something clearly in jest the left will freak out...

• Upvote 1

pretty sick stuff - the lbs on the board ignored the subject. I guess they are looking to buy the movie online and can't comment - except for Tiam, who had two joke posts about it.

If the roles were reversed, the left would come out of the woodwork to demand the rest of us, and every republican, make a public disavowal of this movie and condemn it once a day, and demand Pres Trump and Congress pass a law against it, and use it in every conversation to jab at conservatives and independents on the board.

But no, Mostly silence. Figures.