THE BROWNS BOARD

Charles chucked, Gathers gathered

Ibleedbrown

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If there ever was a position that demands no less and no more than the veteran minimum, backup TE.

What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What if you are an offense that can and will utilize two TEs regularly, like New England with Gronkowski and Hernandez? 

I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know about regularly...but the Browns did do that some in the past, with Njoku/Devalve/ etc.  whoever was on the roster.  I am all for it at times if you have two pretty good ones to put in there. Though, if you put in two TEs that may mean having to sit either  OBJ/Landry or Higgins...which you don't want to do too often. 

Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, you'd have to use a single back, 2 TE/2 WR set, putting Higgins on the bench. 

This team won't have to worry about this, since there isn't a TE that talented behind Njoku who is demanding a ton of playing time. 

Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Short yardage plays maybe?  3rd and 3/4/5?   Where you just need those few yards and want some big targets.  Occasionally.

Honestly I was hoping the Browns picked up a TE in the last draft...

18 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Everybody smokes weed. And it shouldn't be a banned substance. Its not a ped.

Not everybody. But it currently is. That's for freaking sure.  

9 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't but a substance I now see sold openly at pot stores in Colorado as I'm driving through Lyons on my way to Estes Park should no longer be on the NFL banned substances list. It's legal in multiple states now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/legal-marijuana-states-2018-1

So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

7 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So why did Gordon get popped for a beer? It’s federal legal and sold in every gas station

Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

• Upvote 1

here's another million dollar freak athlete with a 1 scent brain..These dudes know exactly when & when not, they can smoke the goncha.. Rico sat in a park with a women. burnt half a J, till the bicycle police popped him for 2 grams in his possession(less than half a J & told cops they just smoked 1st half).. Suspended 1st game & welcome to the piss list..no players, can't smoke weed till they bargain against it..they had a chance too..They signed up for No..

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Because when you are on the NFL abusers shit list every substance is banned. Personally I think it should meet legally drunk standards for alcohol, not just a positive.

Right, kinda like, my ball, my rules. 

But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law. 

Thats not my opinion. Just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future

10 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

But weed is still a federal offense. No matter what state deems it otherwise. Until it becomes more mainstream I think pot will stay on the shitlist. The league will never ok a substance that violates federal law.

But a federal law that is no longer enforced in the states on the linked map. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

Apart from the legality of pot I am not on board with players smoking pot because I don't see how it makes then any better athletes but is counterproductive to them performing at their highest level. I don't think with the money they make asking them to refrain from smoking pot during football season anyway is asking too much or requesting too big of a sacrifice. JMO.

6 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

43 minutes ago, Icecube said:

That's a bigger discussion, but moot in this instance. Right now weed is illegal in the NFL, and until that is changed, it does matter if you keep adding players who can't stop toking as it gets them suspended. Talent means NOTHING if you aren't playing. Do I really need to mention Josh Gordon here? 

You mean players who get caught.

Just now, Alkid3 said:

You mean players who get caught.

No, the big difference is once clipped, you get tested randomly, making it much harder for chronic users to slip by. Rico is now on that program, where as before he just had to make sure he tested clean once a year, when he knew the test was coming. Just look at Gordon. 

Just now, Alkid3 said:

Gordon wasn't only weed.

Not only weed, but definitely weed was included in his hot mess.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

It's surprising with how badly the Gordon experiment went that the Browns are still adding players with similar backgrounds. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Icecube said:

Not only weed, but definitely weed was included in his hot mess.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

It's surprising with how badly the Gordon experiment went that the Browns are still adding players with similar backgrounds. 

I understand giving a guy a chance. I seriously doubt that this FO will let these guys have any more than that chance. They just hoping the bats call soon

• 2 weeks later...