THE BROWNS BOARD

Some hope for Woody and Clevis

woody is that ignorant. and gay. A normal healthy non-perverted penguin is far superior in character and intelligence than a

woodpecker. All of Real America knows that.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm already taken, many years ago. I don't socialize with gays or transhumanbirdbrains.

you betcha.

Slurring members by calling them gay out of one side of your mouth, then running to the mods and the board owner because people are insulting you and hurting your "feeewings" out of the other side.

What a coward.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Slurring members by calling them gay out of one side of your mouth, then running to the mods and the board owner because people are insulting you and hurting your "feeewings". 

What a coward.

always looking for trouble? woodpecker deserves nasty responses to all his crap, jblew. and in the past, distant past, I did object to the jblu kind of garbage - attacking members' family, etc. Which, I have never, ever done to anyone.

I haven't "reported" anything for a long time. at least several months. Name calling seems fair - when I don't start the slurring.

Woodpecker has smarted off to me so many times, you would look a bit intelligent if you just minded your own business, obaMao hack.

You lost the election. Get the heck over it. But I guess this is where you and cysko want to try to bait me into something YOU can show the mods and get me booted.

It's been done before. I just don't buy into it.

As far as "cowardly" goes, I'm here all the time, every week. You leave and jump in when you can get a "gotcha" some asinine way, just to smart off to one of the non-lefties on this board. And when you lose some insipid point, you run and hide.

now, what does that sound like.....

at least woodpecker doesn't do that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

always looking for trouble? woodpecker deserves nasty responses to all his crap, jblew. and in the past, distant past, I did object to the jblu kind of garbage - attacking members' family, etc. Which, I have never, ever done to anyone.

I've never insulted anyone's family on here either, so i'm not sure why you're implying that I have.

I haven't "reported" anything for a long time. at least several months. Name calling seems fair - when I don't start the slurring.

Woodpecker has smarted off to me so many times, you would look a bit intelligent if you just minded your own business, obaMao hack. 

You lost the election. Get the heck over it. But I guess this is where you and cysko want to try to bait me into something YOU can show the mods and get me booted.

The thing is, Cal, we've done this same song and dance a bunch of times before. Every time it is the same thing: the mods come in and tell everyone to cool it on name calling and insults, and they single you out, in particular, as being one of the more prominent perpetrators. And every time, you sing the same old bullshit about "woody this" or "woody that", or bend over backwards to deflect any blame or responsibility from your own actions. Hell, even other posters over in the football section of the board are hip to you bullshit at this point and make fun of it. 

As far as "cowardly" goes, I'm here all the time, every week. You leave and jump in when you can get a "gotcha" some asinine way, just to smart off to one of the non-lefties on this board. And when you lose some insipid point, you run and hide.

This may come as a shock to you, Cal, but I have a life that doesn't revolve around the ramblings of curmudgeons such as yourself on some political forum on a football team's fan board. I work alot of hours at my job; make decent money while doing it.. I play golf, spend time with family and friends, pursue other hobbies and interests outside of political opinions. My time is too precious for me to spend hours a day sitting in front of my computer arguing over half the shit that's posted on here. So sue me that I don't spend all of my waking hours on this site.

You're like, what, in your early 60s? For someone who has more years behind him than in front of him, you spend way too much time and effort waging some kind of war of words or opinions or whatever it is that you "do" on here. I honestly find it kind of sad that you waste so much time on here arguing over shit that, at the end of the day, isn't going to really be that important to you or anyone else on here.

30 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've never insulted anyone's family on here either, so i'm not sure why you're implying that I have.

The thing is, Cal, we've done this same song and dance a bunch of times before. Every time it is the same thing: the mods come in and tell everyone to cool it on name calling and insults, and they single you out, in particular, as being one of the more prominent perpetrators. And every time, you sing the same old bullshit about "woody this" or "woody that", or bend over backwards to deflect any blame or responsibility from your own actions. Hell, even other posters over in the football section of the board are hip to you bullshit at this point and make fun of it. 

This may come as a shock to you, Cal, but I have a life that doesn't revolve around the ramblings of curmudgeons such as yourself on some political forum on a football team's fan board. I work alot of hours at my job; make decent money while doing it.. I play golf, spend time with family and friends, pursue other hobbies and interests outside of political opinions. My time is too precious for me to spend hours a day sitting in front of my computer arguing over half the shit that's posted on here. So sue me that I don't spend all of my waking hours on this site.

You're like, what, in your early 60s? For someone who has more years behind him than in front of him, you spend way too much time and effort waging some kind of war of words or opinions or whatever it is that you "do" on here. I honestly find it kind of sad that you waste so much time on here arguing over shit that, at the end of the day, isn't going to really be that important to you or anyone else on here.

LOL we are all a bunch of curmudgeons..don't single Cal out. And that includes you as a  younger curmudgeon. Welcome to the club. We constantly violate a cardinal rule by arguing debating religion and politics which is probably a fools errand in itself. But I still like doing it anyway. I post at another blog site (besides the BB) that is conservative and most of the time we are all just preaching to the choir. It can get boring because we are all saying the same things. Here things are different with polar opposite view points so you have to expect it to be a cats and dogs situation which many times it is. In your last post to me you said you grew tired of my "cognitive dissonance". (OK I had to look that up...I'm a hick ) The BB has a great fix for all of this type of aggravation including "cognitive dissonance" called the ignore feature. I have only used it once and I hated doing it because I usually like to mix things up but I found even I have my limits at times. Anyway the way I see it the political side of a message  board is by nature going to be rough and tumble and if one is faint of heart or thin skinned they should do themselves a favor and avoid it. 

The thing is, Cal, we've done this same song and dance a bunch of times before. Every time it is the same thing: the mods come in and tell everyone to cool it on name calling and insults, and they single you out, in particular, as being one of the more prominent perpetrators. And every time, you sing the same old bullshit about "woody this" or "woody that", or bend over backwards to deflect any blame or responsibility from your own actions. Hell, even other posters over in the football section of the board are hip to you bullshit at this point and make fun of it. 

LOL..Everyone else is on good behavior but curmudgeonly old Cal. Give me a break.  I don't know how much you follow the board or not but I would echo what Cal says in that you seem to always come swooping in when you think you have a gotcha moment. You've done it with me before. You didn't call any names to Cal but you made all kinds of personal attacks against him in your rant. General broad brush attacks which I could say the same about what you do. You seem to monitor Cal and my posts with a fine tooth comb to trying to get a gotcha moment. Isn't your time too precious to waste on that? 

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Wow you're utterly delusional. I've never once contacted a mod on this site in 8 years. I'm more than capable of verbally decimating half-wits on this board. Despite your best efforts even though you frequently claim the opposite, you've never gotten the better of me on any of our exchanges. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Speaking of golf, looking at a higher end set of the PXG's that are the same length cut...?  Anybody rocking a similar set of irons? 

I just started playing last year, but I really have gotten hooked on it and have been playing pretty regularly ever since. Still rocking out my Bazooka 360 starter set from Tour Edge, but I'll be looking to upgrade next year.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Wow you're utterly delusional. I've never once contacted a mod on this site in 8 years. I'm more than capable of verbally decimating half-wits on this board. Despite your best efforts even though you frequently claim the opposite, you've never gotten the better of me on any of our exchanges. 

You were one who bragged that you and a few others baited Mr. T. I warned him, saw it, but he went ballistic anyways.

One of you contacted the mods after you got him to go way off kilter and out of line. I generally leave you alone - but once in a while you come after me. hahahahaha. You can't stand my "gosh, shucks" demeanor ? something like that?

Best you can do is the myob, also, if all you can do is bitch at somebody for some post whaterver.

Yes, you're a leftie. Lefties have this desperate need to control dialogue and narratives to keep their emotional narratives happy.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

You were one who bragged that you and a few others baited Mr. T. I warned him, saw it, but he went ballistic anyways.

One of you contacted the mods after you got him to go way off kilter and out of line. I generally leave you alone - but once in a while you come after me. hahahahaha. You can't stand my "gosh, shucks" demeanor ? something like that?

Best you can do is the myob, also, if all you can do is bitch at somebody for some post whaterver.

Yes, you're a leftie. Lefties have this desperate need to control dialogue and narratives to keep their emotional narratives happy.

Mr T dug his own grave, lay down in it and covered himself in dirt before putting a metaphorical bullet in his own head. I didn't contact any mods regarding him but if that's the kind of guy you want around you're even worse off than these guys accuse you of being. He was a piece of trash. He gave pieces of trash a bad name. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I doubt you ever did either, and to be fair Cal never said you did.  He felt you tried provoking him into saying something offensive so that you could report him ...and that he didn't take the bait.

oh, and another thing, if I hunt and pecked, you wouldn't see me post much - it's just that I type very, very fast, it doesn't take me much time at all. We stay very busy, most bitchers have no idea. lol

we go fishing/out to dinner with friends, I'll be squirrel hunting come sept 1, and my ccw instructor and I just planned to go turkey hunting this fall.

We babysit our friends' kids. We fix them snacks, Wife goes shopping with a best friend for her son who works so many long hours, and since those kids have watched "Descendants 3 over here twice already, I sneak in here and get on the computer - we have no idea why they love those musicals so much. They had me watch it with them twice, but this third time, I just kept escaping to the computer...

We go out to dinner, I have different hobbies, including farming, couldn't plant the big field for all the rain, just got our tractor fixed (hydraulic leak), and will be plowing and getting the field ready to plant winter wheat, i've picked about 5 gallons and 7 quarts bags of wild blackberries, called tech support because our hot water heater (new) up and turned itself off overnight. (might be a glitch in the smart control panel), Wife wants to mow the lawn and areas on the farm with her new fancy riding lawnmower that she drives like she's NASCAR lawnmowing, I run our tractor and neighbor's manure spreader on our field, while he loads it because they have horses, I'm just starting a new novel - second in the series, we're having a birthday party this weekend here with hayrides....we're going camping again at a big campout with our friends this september, and planning a trip with them to Tennessee this fall after leaves change, and are planning to go to Yellowstone National Park next summer since we found out you have to plan so far ahead.

and I'm going to sweet pickle a bunch of green tomatoes and sweet banana peppers out in the garden. Yes, green tomato sweet pickles are terrific.

but let lefties think I don't have a life. Their emotions rule their simplest thought processes and they knee jerk. LOL LOL LOL

13 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Mr T dug his own grave, lay down in it and covered himself in dirt before putting a metaphorical bullet in his own head. I didn't contact any mods regarding him but if that's the kind of guy you want around you're even worse off than these guys accuse you of being. He was a piece of trash. He gave pieces of trash a bad name. 

you bragged on how you and a few others baited him hugely, really nasty. I warned him, but he still fell for it. T just couldn't help himself. And your arrogant judgement of him is trash, you out of control emotional knee jerk. T was actually a good guy, who was going through a very tough time in his job, and a few other things. We spoke on the phone, he said he never knew what he did to start you all up screwing with him so badly.

He censored you a few times a good bit overboardish, and you libs went hell bent to screw with him til you got him out.

You don't know what you don't know. It doesn't matter that you did or didn't actually be the one who contacted the mods. that was crap what you did, and crap what T did when he got mad.

16 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

And you're right I do hate your blatantly fake "aw shucks gee whiz let's have root beer you betcha!" persona because just under the surface you're a guy who calls women who have the temerity to disagree with your opinion sluts. 

ask Canton Mike - we went out with some friend of his, they ordered beer, I ordered root beer. fake? The 4 sluts who run our country, and Israel, down all the time? If it talks nasty and bitchy like a slut, if it lies and has no honor about itself like a slut, if it hates and demeans and supports leftwing violence like a slut....

it's a slut. and btw, you libs misuse words all the time. Here's a definition - and note: I am never bad-tempered, I'm too much a comedian. Most of the time.

and all my stories are 99% true, so STFU. lol

cur·mudg·eon
/kərˈməjən/
noun
noun: curmudgeon; plural noun: curmudgeons
  1. a bad-tempered person, especially an old one.
    synonyms: bad-tempered person;

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I just started playing last year, but I really have gotten hooked on it and have been playing pretty regularly ever since. Still rocking out my Bazooka 360 starter set from Tour Edge, but I'll be looking to upgrade next year.

Here's the real question - have you hit the "i hate this game" after missing a short birdie put yet?  Haven't lived until you do.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Here's the real question - have you hit the "i hate this game" after missing a short birdie put yet?  Haven't lived until you do.

Not yet. I'm still at the "why do all my irons go for the same distance" point, with the "why does my ball push slice into the woods every time I tee off" a close second. 😀

6 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Not yet. I'm still at the "why do all my irons go for the same distance" point, with the "why does my ball push slice into the woods every time I tee off" a close second. 😀

Is it a push or slice? Righty? Try pronating your hands over a bit and playing the ball just a little more forward in your stance.  Helps to slow down your backswing too.  I used to have that problem.  Wouldn't get good rotation on my swing and the club face would come through too open.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL..Everyone else is on good behavior but curmudgeonly old Cal.

I never claimed that point. Reread what I posted earlier again. Nobody on this board is pure and innocent in the posting behavior department here. However, just like a bonfire and the surface of the sun are both two sources of light and heat, some poster's poor behavior outshines others. Wake me up when other posters over on the football forum - who rarely, if ever, post in the pol board - start making the same observations about my behavior and rhetoric anywhere near the same frequency that the do Cal and few other posters here and then you'll have a ghost of an argument.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know how much you follow the board or not but I would echo what Cal says in that you seem to always come swooping in when you think you have a gotcha moment. You've done it with me before. You didn't call any names to Cal but you made all kinds of personal attacks against him in your rant. General broad brush attacks which I could say the same about what you do. You seem to monitor Cal and my posts with a fine tooth comb to trying to get a gotcha moment. Isn't your time too precious to waste on that? 

If you call posting to threads that pique my interest or ones where I have a counterargument or pointing out where I think posters are making bad points as having a "gotcha moment", then I don't know what you call what everyone else here does differently, since it's the exact same thing that everyone does on a message board; including yourself. If that's what you consider "broad brush attacks", then we're all fucking Rembrandts. As for you, I don't single you out in any particular way. We seem to butt heads over religious matters, but that's about it.