THE BROWNS BOARD

Braxton Miller

bjh2130

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

An incredibly huge reach

Definitely can't play db. He is not a bad guy to have on the end of your 53 man roster with his versatility on the offensive side of the ball. He can be your backup slot receiver, your punt/kick returner, your emergency qb, and an emergency 3rd down receiving back. Right now he is a very poor mans antawn Randle el. Although he may turn into that type of player if he can stay healthy and on a roster. 

On 8/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, Clevfan4life said:

head scratcher...

Think we keep 6..Landry/OBJ/Higgins/Strong/Willies/ #6.????  Who's left..Callaway suspended 4, loses spot till week 5.. DJ Montgomery IR, loses spot till week 8.. Ratley/Hyman/Sheehy/Miller/Baker---one spot left?//2 preseason games left to earn the spot.. ST'er may seal the deal..It's a good watch   

He is more brittle than RG3.. He isn't a QB any more because his shoulder is not stable enough for the throwing motion -- his final attempt at playing QB at OSU ended when he threw a pass and his shoulder went out of socket.

Electric in the open field but not competitive enough at ST to fill the role of a #5,6 WR..

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

He is more brittle than RG3.. He isn't a QB any more because his shoulder is not stable enough for the throwing motion -- his final attempt at playing QB at OSU ended when he threw a pass and his shoulder went out of socket.

Electric in the open field but not competitive enough at ST to fill the role of a #5,6 WR..

Probably true. As good and versatile as he was in college it shows you how hard it is to make a roster spot in the brutal NFL.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, Unsympathetic said:

oooooooo, seriously? Fuck that sounds like it sucks. Like super bigly suck. I wonder if his teammaters made jokes about him being Dhalsim from street fighter. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, gumby73 said:

Think we keep 6..Landry/OBJ/Higgins/Strong/Willies/ #6.????  Who's left..Callaway suspended 4, loses spot till week 5.. DJ Montgomery IR, loses spot till week 8.. Ratley/Hyman/Sheehy/Miller/Baker---one spot left?//2 preseason games left to earn the spot.. ST'er may seal the deal..It's a good watch   

I know I said it before but I really was bummed we let Perriman go. Had great speed, decent hands (for us any how) and was still young. We could of kept him for cheap and he had a grudge against the Ratbirds. A Real head scratcher if we let a guy like him go and keep Willies or Strong?

25 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I know I said it before but I really was bummed we let Perriman go. Had great speed, decent hands (for us any how) and was still young. We could of kept him for cheap and he had a grudge against the Ratbirds. A Real head scratcher if we let a guy like him go and keep Willies or Strong?

Perriman requested to be let go as soon as we got OBJ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why on earth should the Browns have accommodated him?   If it was in their best interests to keep him, they should have.

We didnt let him go.....he was simply an unrestricted free agent and chose to sign elsewhere....

My memory is that we were trying to resign him, but then traded for OBJ, which prompted him to not sign here and, instead, look elsewhere(where he'd get a chance to start and probably a better contract)....

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

We didnt let him go.....he was simply an unrestricted free agent and chose to sign elsewhere....

Ah...well, that is different.  The above implied that we released him at his request.

My memory is that we were trying to resign him, but then traded for OBJ, which prompted him to not sign here and, instead, look elsewhere(where he'd get a chance to start and probably a better contract)....

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

He and the team had agreed in principle to the terms of a contract.  He hadn't signed anything yet because I don't think technically players could sign contracts yet. Then the Browns trade for OBJ and Perriman asked if it was too late to back out.

Some quotes from an article regarding both parties agreeing to back out of a verbal statement. 

"Browns general manager John Dorsey and Perriman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have both agreed to void a verbal agreement between Cleveland and Perriman for a one-year, $4 million deal."

"Earlier in the evening, Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com relayed that Perriman wanted out of his one-year, $4 million deal with the team because of its trade for Beckham. Perriman had agreed to a new contract with Cleveland "just hours before" Dorsey turned his attention toward finalizing the blockbuster trade."

"It seems to be in the best interest of both parties. While just $4 million, they could use that money to bolster Beckham's deal."

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Ah...well, that is different.  The above implied that we released him at his request.

The Browns didn't technically release him. He had agreed in principle to a deal and was set to sign on March 13th, but OBJ trade was completed about 4 hours after the deal was agreed to.  Rosenhaus requested that his client be able to back out of the verbal agreement and Dorsey agreed (eventually).

• Upvote 1