THE BROWNS BOARD

DJ Montgomery to the IR

Alkid3

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

That's one hell of a hamstring injury to be out for the season!

IR rules allow a team to bring any two players back on the 53 after 8 weeks on IR. So he may or may not be gone for the season depending upon severity and recovery time of the injury.

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

IR rules allow a team to bring any two players back on the 53 after 8 weeks on IR. So he may or may not be gone for the season depending upon severity and recovery time of the injury.

I actually do know that....but I'm assuming that he would not be one of those players.

IMO, he got hurt, it'll be a while before he's healthy, they haven't fully evaluated him, but they kinda' like him and don't want anyone else to have him, so they'll pay him for the year, put him on the shelf, and try again next year.  (of course, that's just a lightly educated guess)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

That's one hell of a hamstring injury to be out for the season!

You should know better- we're due for a few more phantom injuries.... Of a phony severe nature. Happens every year about this time.... 

35 minutes ago, Orion said:

I actually do know that....but I'm assuming that he would not be one of those players.

IMO, he got hurt, it'll be a while before he's healthy, they haven't fully evaluated him, but they kinda' like him and don't want anyone else to have him, so they'll pay him for the year, put him on the shelf, and try again next year.  (of course, that's just a lightly educated guess)

In the big scheme of things, keeping Montgomery around for the year on IR is pocket change- $379k. But damn- looking that up, our departed bust Corey Coleman is costing us $1.6 million in dead cap money. 

At first I thought "oh shit", but second thought was "better be him than one of our starters in any position". Plus now WR corp might have the best depth in the team.

I hope he recovers well. Keeping him in IR is intelligent.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Can he go from the IR to the PS?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Can he go from the IR to the PS?

not without going thru the waiver wire first..and Zona has 1st choice & Hakeem Butler just went to their IR. I would not expect JD to risk a boarderline WR5 or WR6 thru waivers. am guessing, DJ must have tore it, to jump on IR that sudden..

• Thanks 1