THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Luck

Gunz41

52 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

See, like I said DEFLECT and NEVER ADMIT you were WRONG!!!!!!!!!

You said they didn't play their starters. But I guess what can we expect from someone whose job it is to spin everything and even more a man who seems to think he is always right. But go ahead and keep on calling people out who don't believe what you believe but when you are on the other end "I'm entitled to my opinion." 

Moral of the story, you are entitled to your opinion, but nobody is entitled to one that differs from you. That is about as egotistical as it gets.

Sounds like you are talking to, and about yourself.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread.  

Image result for beat dead horse meme

Sadly there is some truth in this statement. 

• Upvote 1

Wiseacre Bottom line is nobody is telling you who to like/dislike. What people are telling you is that it's not the only time this happened, and in some form that the team you cheer for has done it. Instead of resting their starters for a half, the Browns traded them away. And I am sure you can find somewhere in history that the Browns rested their starters. That makes you a casuist if you don't have the same issue with them doing it.

But let's ask one simple question. Since you are assuming that Colts win that game, let's assume that Browns had won the OT game with Titans in 2017 after they had gotten rid of those players. Do you now feel bad for the Ravens and Chargers since that loss by the Browns cost 1 of them a playoff spot since they ended up with 9-7 record same as Titans? If not, you are a mounteback. 

See I can use big, rarely used words too. But it does kind of make sense that you think that you are ridiculous JUST because you have a different opinion, which is the furthest from the truth in my case. I even said you can have your hypocritical opinions, as that is some times how fans feel. But don't tell others how wrong they are, and even call people dumb, idiotic, etc for a different viewpoint than yourself 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Larry asked that we move on and I have done so long ago but there you are doing your Travis Bickel imitation

Hoorta asked YOU to move on, never mentioned Gunz. 

He seems to think YOU are the problem here. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Feckless   Bottom line is that the Colts can suck forever in my opinion. Y’all can disagree with that if you’d like. But I guess if I don’t change my mind that makes me ridiculous. Well then I guess I’m ridiculous.

No one here ever said you couldn't hate the Colts. I did say it's ridiculous to hold a grudge over something that happened 12 years ago- and it's not like even if the Browns had made the playoffs they were a lock to win the Super Bowl.  

Oh, when beaten in an argument, change the parameters, hyperbole is always a good excuse, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. Trying to deliberately injure a player (or trying to steal the other teams plays) is hardly in the same category as resting starters before your playoff game. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well now it seems that you are the problem because you’re sticking your nose in it like you are Gladys Kravitz

And like I said- Ghoolie Jr. gotta respond. 

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What you growing in it? You make wine with it?

Unless you're really daring up Ohio way you have to grow French hybrid grapes that are hardy enough to survive Ohio winters- where it's pretty routine to get a winter where it can get down to ten below zero for a day or two. Also here in SW Ohio because you get plenty of days with 80, or 90 degrees with really high humidity- you have to take measures to prevent rampant mildew attacking your grape vines.  

Long years of experience- I really wanted to grow red wine grapes- the problem here in the city is birds think they're great food way before they're ripe enough for your purposes. So I gave up and ripped out my Baco Noir and planted Vidal Blanc. LOL, those bird brains usually are waiting for those grapes to turn red- which they never do. (this year being an exception, I probably lost at least 20% of my crop to the freaking flying feather foobers) Vidal is a hybrid of the French Ugni Blanc grape- the principal grape that Cognac comes from. When you're making cognac- you don't particularly care about quality, you just want a ton of grape juice (wine) that you can distill into booze.  :) 

So to not bore you any further- I learned that early in the year to prevent overcropping-  you have to remove at least 50% of the baby grape clusters, less quantity = higher quality. I have a very nice cooperative thing going on. I grow the grapes- and a good friend of mine who's a terrific amateur winemaker take the grapes and we juice them (she's won a bunch of awards at the national American Wine Society conventions)  makes wine out of them. We split the end result. It's a fairly decent white wine. This year- we got three gallons of juice, and that should turn into a case+ of wine, plenty enough for my purposes.  Vidal is grown on a commercial scale here in the northeast US and even up in Canada where they make a Vidal ice wine- and that's really nice stuff, though I haven't yet figured out how to keep the birds, bugs, and mildew away anywhere near long enough to try making it. . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Unless you're really daring up Ohio way you have to grow French hybrid grapes that are hardy enough to survive Ohio winters- where it's pretty routine to get a winter where it can get down to ten below zero for a day or two. Also here in SW Ohio because you get plenty of days with 80, or 90 degrees with really high humidity- you have to take measures to prevent rampant mildew attacking your grape vines.  

Long years of experience- I really wanted to grow red wine grapes- the problem here in the city is birds think they're great food way before they're ripe enough for your purposes. So I gave up and ripped out my Baco Noir and planted Vidal Blanc. LOL, those bird brains usually are waiting for those grapes to turn red- which they never do. (this year being an exception, I probably lost at least 20% of my crop to the freaking flying feather foobers) Vidal is a hybrid of the French Ugni Blanc grape- the principal grape that Cognac comes from. When you're making cognac- you don't particularly care about quality, you just want a ton of grape juice (wine) that you can distill into booze.  :) 

So to not bore you any further- I learned that early in the year to prevent overcropping-  you have to remove at least 50% of the baby grape clusters, less quantity = higher quality. I have a very nice cooperative thing going on. I grow the grapes- and a good friend of mine who's a terrific amateur winemaker take the grapes and we juice them (she's won a bunch of awards at the national American Wine Society conventions)  makes wine out of them. We split the end result. It's a fairly decent white wine. This year- we got three gallons of juice, and that should turn into a case+ of wine, plenty enough for my purposes.  Vidal is grown on a commercial scale here in the northeast US and even up in Canada where they make a Vidal ice wine- and that's really nice stuff, though I haven't yet figured out how to keep the birds, bugs, and mildew away anywhere near long enough to try making it. . 

In and around Geneva Ohio, they grow lots of grapes and have quite a number of wineries. I know they make ice wine too. The climate along the lake seems to be pretty good for grapes. The Geneva Grape Festival is 9-28 and 9-29 this year. I may not be into wine but that is a fun weekend 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

No one here ever said you couldn't hate the Colts. I did say it's ridiculous to hold a grudge over something that happened 12 years ago- and it's not like even if the Browns had made the playoffs they were a lock to win the Super Bowl.  

Oh, when beaten in an argument, change the parameters, hyperbole is always a good excuse, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. Trying to deliberately injure a player (or trying to steal the other teams plays) is hardly in the same category as resting starters before your playoff game. 

And like I said- Ghoolie Jr. gotta respond. 

Why do you assume that I was beaten in any argument? You simply disagree with me in my opinion. There is no win or defeat in that at all. I still hold a grudge against the Broncos for what happened 33 years ago. So why not for something that happened 12 years ago. I hold a grudge against the Baltimore ravens simply because the used to be owned by Art Modell...and the BS that happened there.  I hold a grudge against the Pittsburgh Steelers because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re all entitled to our opinions about this sort of thing.

20 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

In thebrownsboard court room you lost this case/argument.

In your opinion....which is all this has been about.    Ergo, every single opinion that every person here holds must be a losing opinion...including the one you just gave. 

This is not a fact based issue for which there is a right or wrong answer.  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

In your opinion....which is all this has been about.    Ergo, every single opinion that every person here holds must be a losing opinion...including the one you just gave. 

This is not a fact based issue for which there is a right or wrong answer.  

I was merely stating the majority of the opinions have been the opposite of yours so if you and hoorta were presenting your cases to the board,  the board finds in favor of hoorta. Therefore you would have lost the case or argument.  I didn't see it at first when Larry said you were turning into a ghoolie jr., but now I would have to agree with him and my original opinion was wrong.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:05 PM, Gunz41 said:

You come off as the type that wants to make everyone think you are right about everything, and will argue and downright tell anyone with a differing opinion how wrong they are instead of letting them have their opinion (right or wrong). And when you are given facts about how you were wrong, instead of just saying "hey guys I got that wrong" you give reasons/excuses why you were wrong, or try to make it look like you were right and someone else just misinterpreted.

Where you been, man?

Better late than never I guess... ;)

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Where you been, man?

Better late than never I guess... ;)

O trust me, I have known. Just the hypocrisy with this one Infelt that needed to be said. Once you try to act like the poor little guy because everyone deserves their opinion, yet act terribly to anyone who doesn't agree its ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

O trust me, I have known. Just the hypocrisy with this one Infelt that needed to be said. Once you try to act like the poor little guy because everyone deserves their opinion, yet act terribly to anyone who doesn't agree its ridiculous 

You are describing  yourself perfectly.  

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I was merely stating the majority of the opinions have been the opposite of yours so if you and hoorta were presenting your cases to the board,  the board finds in favor of hoorta. Therefore you would have lost the case or argument.  I didn't see it at first when Larry said you were turning into a ghoolie jr., but now I would have to agree with him and my original opinion was wrong.

No....absofuckinglutely not.  You cannont have a win/loss on a matter of opinion.  I mean...you can tell me to shove my opinion up my ass...just as I can tell you the same thing.  But you cannot declare a winner or loser.  Example....I think the people that have made the previous two posts are acting like a couple of lesbians...but that is just my opinion.  You are allowed to differ if you choose.

In my opinion, the Colts in that game in 2007 violated football integrity.  All y'all can protest otherwise....but you will just have to live with that. That is my opinion.  Why should I be forced to change it just because think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You are describing  yourself perfectly.  

You won't find ANYWHERE where I have called you or anyone else names. But you have done it many times for people who disagreed with your opinion. Want an indirect example? Talking about the Browns and their move to Baltimore.

And sorry man, but some of what you have put on THIS subject is not an opinion. You started by stating that the Colts didn't play their starters. That is not an opinion, that is a statement with evidence that can be determined. And you were wrong. 

Yes, some of what you have said is opinion. But what you are failing to comprehend, or just blatantly ignoring is that people aren't replying to you because you have an opinion. They are replying because of your double standard.

Had you just said, yep I hate the Colts and the major reason is for this, and when faced with the Browns doing it just owned up and said you have a different standard for them, all of this could have been quelled. 

But you are an unreasonable, self righteous, know it all who will spin away to make something never you being wrong. And there are examples of this on this forum. Just because I remembered it, look at the college board after the NC game. You asked how was it Clemson had an extra REGULAR SEASON game than anyone else. When it was pointed out that was FALSE, instead of just saying "yep, got that one wrong" you deflect and say your post was misunderstood or something along those lines. 

What I observe, you the majority of the time aren't on here to have a healthy discussion. You are out to argue and tell people how wrong they are. And when you have no way to respond, you deflect, come up with an excuse, try to insult someone, or find a "legal" way to respond.

And on one occasion I can remember, there could be more, you tried to insult people for not doing your trivia thing. You told everyone that they weren't smart enough to do it, not even giving credit to ones who just don't care. Anyone can make themselves APPEAR smart when they are making a quiz/test up. You have the answers, so exactly how hard is it. Yet you try to act as if you actually KNOW all the things you put on there. Yet on several occasions when the Browns have signed someone, or even when a player has been brought up you ask what position they play, where they played, etc. And these aren't just back of the roster type players.

I have often heard an old adage, if you have problems with multiple people or failures at multiple things, there is only one common denominator in there, YOU. There are MULTIPLE people who seem to have issue with you and how you post in this thread alone, shouldn't that tell you something? Maybe not to a narcissist like you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You won't find ANYWHERE where I have called you or anyone else names. But you have done it many times for people who disagreed with your opinion. Want an indirect example? Talking about the Browns and their move to Baltimore.

And sorry man, but some of what you have put on THIS subject is not an opinion. You started by stating that the Colts didn't play their starters. That is not an opinion, that is a statement with evidence that can be determined. And you were wrong. 

Yes, some of what you have said is opinion. But what you are failing to comprehend, or just blatantly ignoring is that people aren't replying to you because you have an opinion. They are replying because of your double standard.

Had you just said, yep I hate the Colts and the major reason is for this, and when faced with the Browns doing it just owned up and said you have a different standard for them, all of this could have been quelled. 

But you are an unreasonable, self righteous, know it all who will spin away to make something never you being wrong. And there are examples of this on this forum. Just because I remembered it, look at the college board after the NC game. You asked how was it Clemson had an extra REGULAR SEASON game than anyone else. When it was pointed out that was FALSE, instead of just saying "yep, got that one wrong" you deflect and say your post was misunderstood or something along those lines. 

What I observe, you the majority of the time aren't on here to have a healthy discussion. You are out to argue and tell people how wrong they are. And when you have no way to respond, you deflect, come up with an excuse, try to insult someone, or find a "legal" way to respond.

And on one occasion I can remember, there could be more, you tried to insult people for not doing your trivia thing. You told everyone that they weren't smart enough to do it, not even giving credit to ones who just don't care. Anyone can make themselves APPEAR smart when they are making a quiz/test up. You have the answers, so exactly how hard is it. Yet you try to act as if you actually KNOW all the things you put on there. Yet on several occasions when the Browns have signed someone, or even when a player has been brought up you ask what position they play, where they played, etc. And these aren't just back of the roster type players.

I have often heard an old adage, if you have problems with multiple people or failures at multiple things, there is only one common denominator in there, YOU. There are MULTIPLE people who seem to have issue with you and how you post in this thread alone, shouldn't that tell you something? Maybe not to a narcissist like you.

Not going to bother to read your bloviations....again...only read the last sentence.  You have made 5 posts in a row which I basically have paid no attention to.  No one is listening.

As far as I know, a narcissist is someone who just loves to hear himself talk....and everything is about him.  Whatever you may be saying hereinabove has nothing to do with me.  It is all about you.

Bottom line on this whole thing....for me at least...and Larry...PLEASE feel free to close the thread:

A. In my opinion, the Colts tanked that game in 2007.    

B. I did make one mistake of fact, which I realized after I checked the boxscore:  Peyton Manning did start the game....but was pulled at some point after going 14-16 in favor of Jim Sorgi when the outcome of the game still in doubt.

C. In my opinion, it was poor sportsmanship for the Colts to have made that move, because other playoff berths were on the line....most specifically, the Browns.     And it is the Browns and only the Browns that I care about. 

D. If you all want to condone that behavior by a franchise...and claim it happens all the time....be that as it may.  I am going to object to it when that sort of thing happens to the Browns. 

E. I am not going to have a pity party for the Colts because they have lost Andrew Luck....a player that I like a lot, but I don't care about the Colts.   If you want to condone what they did, or if you want to have pity on the Colts, I am sure that a Colts chat board will welcome your opinions. 

Luck's litany of injuries due to zero OL drafted before round 7 during his first 4 seasons by one of the few GM's less competent than our sloths [at that time] should conclusively put to bed the troll notion that no investment in OL can still create a successful team.  Luck wouldn't have survived as long as he did if he wasn't built like a linebacker.. he took the most hits in the league of any QB those 4 years.

In Luck's second season, the Colts gifted us a first for Trent Richardson. The playoff game where Richardson's first playoff carry was a fumble was arguably Luck's most memorable game as a professional because he brought them all the way back from a 31-10 deficit.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not going to bother to read your bloviations....again...only read the last sentence.  You have made 5 posts in a row which I basically have paid no attention to.  No one is listening.

As far as I know, a narcissist is someone who just loves to hear himself talk....and everything is about him.  Whatever you may be saying hereinabove has nothing to do with me.  It is all about you.

Nope, and take it from the Mod POV_ it IS all about you. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bottom line on this whole thing....for me at least...and Larry...PLEASE feel free to close the thread:

A. In my opinion, the Colts tanked that game in 2007.    

And you're apparently the only one here who give a rat's ass about it. 

B. I did make one mistake of fact, which I realized after I checked the boxscore:  Peyton Manning did start the game....but was pulled at some point after going 14-16 in favor of Jim Sorgi when the outcome of the game still in doubt.

and again, only matters to you. 

C. In my opinion, it was poor sportsmanship for the Colts to have made that move, because other playoff berths were on the line....most specifically, the Browns.     And it is the Browns and only the Browns that I care about. 

Your OPINION doesn't mean crap. Because you're apparently the only one here with his panties in a bunch over something that happened 12 years ago. 

D. If you all want to condone that behavior by a franchise...and claim it happens all the time....be that as it may.  I am going to object to it when that sort of thing happens to the Browns. 

Great-I'll keep this filed in my memory bank. and when the Browns do the same come week 17,  keeping X team out of the playoffs, I'll be the first to remind you you're full of BS.  

E. I am not going to have a pity party for the Colts because they have lost Andrew Luck....a player that I like a lot, but I don't care about the Colts.   If you want to condone what they did, or if you want to have pity on the Colts, I am sure that a Colts chat board will welcome your opinions. 

Hey lawyer- there's a difference between "condoning". and what's SOP in the NFL. You trying to hysterically use hyperbole equating targeting an opposing players knees to resting starters is just one example of your spin.  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nope, and take it from the Mod POV_ it IS all about you. 

My opinions mean just as much as anyone else’s. Anything you don’t agree with is crap because you don’t share  them? Which means that maybe your opinions are crap too if I don’t share them. So Mexican stand-off.  It is all about a difference of opinion.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

My opinions mean just as much as anyone else’s. Anything you don’t agree with is crap because you don’t share  them? Which means that maybe your opinions are crap too if I don’t share them. So Mexican stand-off.  It is all about a difference of opinion.

Ok Mr. Know it all, PLEASE explain how you can say something like this, but call people degrading names when they have a different opinion than yours?

• Thanks 1

Exactly, throw insults when you are proven wrong or called out.

I seem to remember someone else who did that, his name started with G, ended in E and had Hooli in the middle.

All your actions show is that you believe your opinion is the only one who matters 

• Upvote 1