THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts around the League

Clevfan4life

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Interesting that two QBs of note are on there. Ghoolie's Paxton Lynch by the Seahawks and Baby Huey's "trust me" Cody Kessler by the Eagles.

If anyone sees Ghoolie, let him know that Joe "fat ass" Thomas just hired Paxton Lynch to wash his car.

The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

Z

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The only Browns QB Hue never rallied behind was Baker Mayfield ... Big Mistake.

Z

Actually he wanted no part of JFF returning to the team. Give some credit anyway.

And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/8/30/20841451/browns-trade-qb-david-blough-to-lions-with-a-bit-of-a-cocky-trade-parameter

45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And as for Blough I found this interesting take on why the exchange of 7th rounders.

....a couple of us pointed out that 'interesting take' earlier in the thread.   -  just sayin'

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Shady McCoy released by Bills.

Gas in tank?

Z

I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

+ great 3rd down back

+ plays very well in snowy conditions 

+ still has starter level talent

- character 

- injury concerns

- salary

10 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I think he could still get the job done, but I dont think he will be interested in being a backup and eventually a 3rd RB. He will probably get a starting role in Houston or Baltimore.

+ great 3rd down back

- character 

- injury concerns

- salary

Ya, I can see Houston with Duke,

Zombo

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

+ great 3rd down back

- character 

- injury concerns

- salary

AGE. Wear. 

54 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

NFL...not for long.  How long has he been at it?    RBs on average have a 3-5 year shelf life.  Past that, and it is often downhill.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Heard some NFL Sirius guys discussing saying he basically looked worn out with no explosiveness last year.  

I had him on my FFL team that last two years. Had to drop him at first chance last season. Just wasn't getting me any points. Picked up Henry and he made me money the second half of the season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Hilliard had a few nice runs last game. If he averaged 5.4 ypc in the regular season, would you take it? 

Dontrell Hilliard 12 65  

If you are saying do I rather have Duke back then yes I rather have Duke back. Lol who is averaging that much. Lol

Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Another ex-Browns QB gets the heave-ho.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045896/article/packers-jettison-rodgers-backup-deshone-kizer

The Hoorta isn't all world in the drafting department, but I know a bum when I see one....   I almost barfed when JB announced the pick...  

I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I knew he wasn't a leader of men during his preseason here in 17.. He's complete and utter garbage.. He should get into rap.. its prolly all he could do...

It was way before that with me Nickers- all you had to do was scout a couple Notre Dame games, and it was obvious the guy (Kizer) sucked. I can't freaking believe we were actually paying guys money who could be so utterly wrong on talent evaluation....  His inaccuracy was glaringly obvious at the collegiate level, and it sure didn't improve a whit in the NFL. 

OTOH, where Deshone sucked, Baker shined- Mayfield was deadly accurate at Oklahoma.  Why I had him as one of the top two QBs in that draft. Will be interesting to see if him or Darnold have the better career.  :)  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

It was way before that with me Nickers- all you had to do was scout a couple Notre Dame games, and it was obvious the guy (Kizer) sucked. I can't freaking believe we were actually paying guys money who could be so utterly wrong on talent evaluation....  His inaccuracy was glaringly obvious at the collegiate level, and it sure didn't improve a whit in the NFL. 

OTOH, where Deshone sucked, Baker shined- Mayfield was deadly accurate at Oklahoma.  Why I had him as one of the top two QBs in that draft. Will be interesting to see if him or Darnold have the better career.  :)  

I'll put my money on Baker.. His arm is real live... But he also has the football IQ to back it up!

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Each of the three QBs from Cleveland’s 0-16 season were cut by different NFL teams today... Unreal!

CVA2MPHO6BEILHZ6R3U2EPLVSA.jpg

XFL calling?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

That trade to the Packers looked good at the time, but now it looks like a robbery. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Each of the three QBs from Cleveland’s 0-16 season were cut by different NFL teams today... Unreal!

CVA2MPHO6BEILHZ6R3U2EPLVSA.jpg

XFL calling?

One things the Browns excelled at in the Dark Years was drafting backup quarterbacks- for other teams. IIRC, Colt McCoy still is employed by the Redskins.