THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts around the League

Clevfan4life

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

One things the Browns excelled at in the Dark Years was drafting backup quarterbacks- for other teams. IIRC, Colt McCoy still is employed by the Redskins. 

Yep....who else?  Is Weeden still with someone?  JFF sure isn't.  Quinn doing TV.  Couch as well.  Wynn is alike a financial manager.  Charlie Frye?  I think he may be coaching.  In checking yes:    In January 2019 it was announced that Frye would be joining the staff of new Central Michigan Head Coach Jim McElwain as quarterbacks coach. [13 

Not Akron U?

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yep....who else?  Is Weeden still with someone?  JFF sure isn't.  Quinn doing TV.  Couch as well.  Wynn is alike a financial manager.  Charlie Frye?  I think he may be coaching.  In checking yes:    In January 2019 it was announced that Frye would be joining the staff of new Central Michigan Head Coach Jim McElwain as quarterbacks coach. [13 

Not Akron U?

Charlie Frye was a backup for Seattle.  Weeden was in the league for about 3 years after Cleveland.  McCoy is still in the league.  Quinn was a backup in Denver for a couple years.  Kessler played for Jax last year.  Couch had a shoulder injury and tried to make a comeback with GB; but got busted for PEDs in the urine cutting that idea short.  All but Johnny Blutarsky were able to find at least 1 other NFL team that would give them another shot - even Kizer. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Charlie Frye was a backup for Seattle.  Weeden was in the league for about 3 years after Cleveland.  McCoy is still in the league.  Quinn was a backup in Denver for a couple years.  Kessler played for Jax last year.  Couch had a shoulder injury and tried to make a comeback with GB; but got busted for PEDs in the urine cutting that idea short.  All but Johnny Blutarsky were able to find at least 1 other NFL team that would give them another shot - even Kizer. 

Weeden was a backup for 2018 in Houston....but a check of their current roster does not find him on there.  I have seen reports that have said he could end up signing for either the Titans or the Colts...but I don't see him on either of those rosters either.