THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

Vambo

I'm going to say something.

Something I've seen in some NFL broadcasts that has surprised me is color grading. For those who dont know what color grading is, it's when you edit a film's color so it looks different. 

It is done in everything, in every film, series. Even broadcasts. I bet they color grade on every sport broadcast, at least to a certain point, because you can't control every single that is going to be aired unlike series and films. The problem is that NFL sometimes desaturates a bit the image, or changes the levels of the lows... And the image you are getting is not that real. 

I'm saying all of this because some of these jerseys look way better in the TV or a series than in reality, and it's thanks to color grading. And personally, I don't like it. They change the image a bit too much, and in a LIVE sport broadcast I want a LIVE image. Live images are colorful, a bit oversaturated, overexposed... Whatever. 

Color rush uniforms have been all about image and colour editing and they sell something more like a videogame. And like modern videogames, the trailer and the gameplay don't match.

53 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Browns Announce Brown Color Rush Jerseys Will Be Primary Uniforms in 2019

2019-09-04_163859.jpg.86128f629aee30d36d314b2c37492e8e.jpg

Who wanted it??

At least the shoulder stripes are positioned better.   

They're just trying to minimize the damage of their self inflicted uniform until they can get to next year and the new uni.

• Upvote 1

I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I freakin love these uniforms and I can't believe we're allowed to use them. I don't think our franchise expected the overwhelming positive support, but we actually have uniforms that don't suck! 

It's a GOD thing! I walked into Dick's this afternoon & they had ONE Baker Color Rush Jersey left & it was in MY size. Not only did I buy it, but I showed them it had a couple white threads showing (very minor) & got 10% off. These are good signs....VERY good signs!!!  👍

Mike

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

For Trinity University...where my daughter was a cheerleader.  

But, beyond that....if you don't wear Brown and Orange you don't matter.

I even have a Browns colored T-shirt with Orange lettering that reads, "The answer is beer. Now what was the question?"

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

29 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I wonder if these unis make it easier to do a fake handoff or bootleg type play? Seems to me that they could help in camouflage and make it harder to pick up the ball.  In baseball, a pitcher is forbidden to wear white sleeves for that very reason. It may be small, but still an edge

It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

Name:  9CAF2B06-331B-426D-A1C2-7709EE0F719F.jpg Views: 15 Size:  14.0 KB

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's why- way back in the 60s the Browns almost always wore the Brown jerseys at home- easier to disguise the ball... and I saw this elsewhere, but worth reposting...  

I can see where getting a defender to hesitate even an eye blink can make one helluva difference. Maybe the next unis should have some bold white stitching too. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly why UT Austin switched from Orange to Burnt Orange just in time for the James Street wishbone days. Now you see it, now you don't. Very smart of DKR.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No.  The classic Browns uniforms are much, much better. 

I think the color  rush are OK. More "modern" without  over doing it. I like the  "lighter" shade of  brown.  Anything  is better  than that sh## shade of brown on the previous  edition of  the pants that made the players look like they were  big turds.