THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger out for the year

Westside Steve

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

They're minus their first (Minkah) and third (Bush) next year. Or do they think they can keep pulling Antonio Brown talent out of a rabbit hat in the sixth round? 

A little OT in this thread Tour- but Dolphins fans should start picketing the stadium for that latest move, can't blame Minkah for wanting out though. They can start asking our guys on how to plan that 0-16 parade. Yeah- I'm going on record now- if I'm still alive in the Survivor pool, I'm taking the Browns when they play the 'Fins.  

Getting a comp third for bell. The steelers have their second, third round comp, two 4ths and I believe a 6th and a 7th. 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Unfortunately he uses it as a doorstop...

Seriously... he did look good... but he ain't Ben... physically and mentally. And given the talent drain you've seen over the past two-years... can you afford a tradedown at QB?

Yes.... the D has been bolstered with Bush in the middle and now Minkah behind him, but now you've mortgaged your future in a dubious effort to "save" 2019.

I'm not getting it, Vag...

I never said he was Ben. He could be really good tho and that's all that matters. What isn't to get? Sean Davis has a torn labrum. He just got put on IR.  Minka fitzpatrick is a born leader, 22 years old and is still on his rookie contract. He could come out next draft and still be young. On top of that he's already proven, you know what you are getting and he's go time right now. The trade makes nothing but sense, especially when the steelers have such a hard time identifying secondary talent.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:
  1. I never said he was Ben.
  2. He could be really good tho and that's all that matters.
  3. What isn't to get?
  1. I never said you did... I said "that"...
  2. Could??? See #3...
  3. That you mortgaged your future for "could"...

I got a C-note that says you do not make the playoffs.

Let me know if you're interested.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:
3 Sun. Sept. 22 @ 49ers 4:25 p.m.
4 Sun. Sept. 30 vs Bengals 8:15 p.m.
5 Sun. Oct. 6 vs Ravens 1:00 p.m.
6 Sun. Oct. 13 at Chargers 8:20 p.m.
7 BYE      
8 Mon. Oct. 28 vs Dolphins 8:15 p.m.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that they could be 0-6 when they face the Dolphins.

If they are 0-6 along with a winless Dolphin team, that would make for an interesting "tank" game.

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. I never said you did... I said "that"...
  2. Could??? See #3...
  3. That you mortgaged your future for "could"...

I got a C-note that says you do not make the playoffs.

Let me know if you're interested.

No matter what they were never going to draft a qb next year. They believe in Rudolph, this trade made that pretty damn clear. Ben isn’t having tommy john but a different surgery with a shorter recovery and he stated he will honor his contract. Soooo the Steelers traded for a stud corner/safety on a rookie deal at 22 years old. I’d make this trade ten times over and be happy about it each time, especially after hearing what nick saban said about him at Alabama.

and I don’t really gamble, maybe after I see Rudolph play a full game. I do however think it’s hilarious that people seem to think the Steelers are just going to lay down and die.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:
3 Sun. Sept. 22 @ 49ers 4:25 p.m.
4 Sun. Sept. 30 vs Bengals 8:15 p.m.
5 Sun. Oct. 6 vs Ravens 1:00 p.m.
6 Sun. Oct. 13 at Chargers 8:20 p.m.
7 BYE      
8 Mon. Oct. 28 vs Dolphins 8:15 p.m.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that they could be 0-6 when they face the Dolphins.

They should beat the Bungles, even with Maya Rudolph at quarterback.

Z

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

No matter what they were never going to draft a qb next year. They believe in Rudolph, this trade made that pretty damn clear. Ben isn’t having tommy john but a different surgery with a shorter recovery and he stated he will honor his contract. Soooo the Steelers traded for a stud corner/safety on a rookie deal at 22 years old. I’d make this trade ten times over and be happy about it each time, especially after hearing what nick saban said about him at Alabama.

and I don’t really gamble, maybe after I see Rudolph play a full game. I do however think it’s hilarious that people seem to think the Steelers are just going to lay down and die.

Lay down and die?  No, they won't lay down and die.....but they may be kicked down and die...by better teams.  There could be as many as 10-12 teams in the AFC that are better overall than the Steelers right now with their situation.   And don't take Saban's praises as any sort of guarantee.   Can you say Dee Millner,  Trent Richardson, Chance Warmack....not that I think he will be a bust like those guys.  In fact, I think he is a stud......but don't take my guarantee for that either.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Should?  Yes.  But as I said, it is within the realm of possibility that the Bengals beat them. 

In fact, Rudolph seems like he could be a bit similar to Andy Dalton.  Both from Big 12 schools.  Both big ole white guys.  Not dissimilar in style of play.

And note this:  now, the AFCN has 3 QBs from the Big 12 starting for them. 

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Again... not "die", just be mediocre...

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

If Cinci gets back AJ and Mixon stays healthy, they'll get more competitive in a hurry, but Steelers should win that one.

From ESPN's Injury Report summary...

Ben Roethlisberger, QB Injury Reserve Sep 17
Comment: Though the exact nature of the right elbow procedure Roethlisberger will undergo later this week isn't known, he won't be in line for Tommy John surgery, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, Vagitron said:

I never said he was Ben. He could be really good tho and that's all that matters. What isn't to get? Sean Davis has a torn labrum. He just got put on IR.  Minka fitzpatrick is a born leader, 22 years old and is still on his rookie contract. He could come out next draft and still be young. On top of that he's already proven, you know what you are getting and he's go time right now. The trade makes nothing but sense, especially when the steelers have such a hard time identifying secondary talent.

Replacing Davis was a blessing for Pitt, he was horrid but Steelers' brass wouldn't admit it. But Minka better be pro bowl level or it's a bad move. I doubt Rudolph will be what Ben was. Can he pull out wins like Ben did all the time? Also, Edmunds not looking like a good 1st-round pick. He's always out of position. No instincts. Yea, he's big and fast, so what?

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By the way, per the depth chart, the Steelers backup QB is now a guy named  Devlin Hodges?

Anyone ever heard of this guy?

Are they in the market for a more experienced (better) backup?  Who would be out there?

Maybe they can trade for Colt McFrye!

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

Maybe they can trade for Colt McFrye!

Here are some who are available:

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Also:

1. Cardale Jones, QB, Chargers. Age: 26. star.gifhalfstar.gif
  2. Brock Osweiler, QB, Dolphins. Age: 28. star.gifhalfstar.gif
  3. Kevin Hogan, QB, Broncos. Age: 26. star.gif
  4. Paxton Lynch, QB, Seahawks. Age: 25. star.gif
  5. Tom Savage, QB, Lions. Age: 29. star.gif
  6. Tyree Jackson, QB, Bills. Age: 21. star.gif
  7. Tyler Bray, QB, Bears. Age: 27. star.gif
  8. David Fales, QB, Lions. Age: 28. star.gif
  9. Landry Jones, QB, Raiders. Age: 30. star.gif
  10. Cody Kessler, QB, Eagles. Age: 26. star.gif

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Also:

I thought they signed Paxton Lynch yesterday...

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Also:

44 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Lynch was signed to the practice squad.

Z

--Ghoolie's favorite player on his favorite team.

LOL, and Paxton has reached his true ceiling.... Good to see that drafting bust QBs in the first round isn't limited to the Browns anymore....  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

By the way, per the depth chart, the Steelers backup QB is now a guy named  Devlin Hodges?

Anyone ever heard of this guy?

Are they in the market for a more experienced (better) backup?  Who would be out there?

Threw for 4,283 yards his Sr. year at Samford and over 70% completion %. I bet he's better than the newly added Lynch. You never know when an unheralded, undrafted QB makes some news. Certainly not often though. 

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Also:

11. Johnny Football🚩

😂

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, Tour2ma said:

From ESPN's Injury Report summary...

Ben Roethlisberger, QB Injury Reserve Sep 17
Comment: Though the exact nature of the right elbow procedure Roethlisberger will undergo later *this week* isn't known, he won't be in line for Tommy John surgery, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

tick..tock..tick...and what ever happened in that 10 hour meeting Monday with AB's accuser?? :P 

On 9/19/2019 at 2:10 AM, Icecube said:

They will do just enough to keep Tomlin, everyone in the AFC celebrates. It would be scary if they had a HC like even Harbaugh. Hell, if Hoodie coached that team they'd win rings. If they win 8 games, Tomlin will be lauded. 

The mike Tomlin hate is so fucking stupid. Yinzers do it too. He's a good coach and he's always been a good coach. The team is in the midst of a transition. If anything Keith butler will be fired, it's not going to be Tomlin.