THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger out for the year

Westside Steve

On 9/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, The Gipper said:

By the way, per the depth chart, the Steelers backup QB is now a guy named  Devlin Hodges?

Anyone ever heard of this guy?

Are they in the market for a more experienced (better) backup?  Who would be out there?

He had a strong preseason, they cut him and brought him back. If they didn't have Rudolph I wouldn't have been surprised to see them sign kaep. 

On 9/19/2019 at 2:05 AM, Icecube said:

Replacing Davis was a blessing for Pitt, he was horrid but Steelers' brass wouldn't admit it. But Minka better be pro bowl level or it's a bad move. I doubt Rudolph will be what Ben was. Can he pull out wins like Ben did all the time? Also, Edmunds not looking like a good 1st-round pick. He's always out of position. No instincts. Yea, he's big and fast, so what?

Davis got "replaced" because he tore his labrum. Fitzpatrick has already proven himself, the steelers hadn't traded a first round pick since the 60's and they traded one for him. Edmunds came out raw, got a ton of snaps as a rookie and continues to improve. I'm not worried about him at all. Nelson has been nothing short of monster status opposite haden, add in fitzpatrick and Bush. The defense will be much improved. Currently we have 9 or 10 first round draft picks on defense.

7 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The mike Tomlin hate is so fucking stupid. Yinzers do it too. He's a good coach and he's always been a good coach. The team is in the midst of a transition. If anything Keith butler will be fired, it's not going to be Tomlin.

And the rest of the AFC will celebrate. How many playoff games has he won in a decade? He's a fraud. All he's good for are snappy quips but has zero substance. All he has is hollow words.

"We are gonna bring hell in December." (didn't win another game).

"We are gonna defend every blade of grass." (got his ass kicked next game)

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Davis got "replaced" because he tore his labrum. Fitzpatrick has already proven himself, the steelers hadn't traded a first round pick since the 60's and they traded one for him. Edmunds came out raw, got a ton of snaps as a rookie and continues to improve. I'm not worried about him at all. Nelson has been nothing short of monster status opposite haden, add in fitzpatrick and Bush. The defense will be much improved. Currently we have 9 or 10 first round draft picks on defense.

Yea, that's the problem: wasting 1st round draft picks on players who suck. Davis sucks (2nd round), so does Edmunds (first round). Artie Burns is hot garbage. Dupree blows. And Bush has looked lost and ineffective so far. Nice 1st round picks. It doesn't matter if your D is made up of 1st round picks if they suck. Their pass D is still a total joke, after all these years and draft picks, it never get better. FAIL coaching. FAIL personnel decisions. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He had a strong preseason,

Is your new OL coach a son of Flounder from Animal House? Our just a frat house member?  or has he even coached in college? 4wlI.gif     

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Yea, that's the problem: wasting 1st round draft picks on players who suck. Davis sucks (2nd round), so does Edmunds (first round). Artie Burns is hot garbage. Dupree blows. And Bush has looked lost and ineffective so far. Nice 1st round picks. It doesn't matter if your D is made up of 1st round picks if they suck. Their pass D is still a total joke, after all these years and draft picks, it never get better. FAIL coaching. FAIL personnel decisions. 

As I said in another thread... This is the same tool that said Greedy Williams sucks.. In the meantime Greedy is starting in the NFL ..

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

The mike Tomlin hate is so fucking stupid. Yinzers do it too. He's a good coach and he's always been a good coach. The team is in the midst of a transition. If anything Keith butler will be fired, it's not going to be Tomlin.

Tomlin is a good coach, but I think  John Harbaugh is better.   John Harbaugh is much better than Jim Harbaugh.

• Upvote 1

We didn't draft haden. Haden has been great for us. 

No he hasn't.  He has been mediocre...not nearly as good as he was here for years.  He only seemed great to you because a mediocre or below DB looks good compared to the crap you had back there.   And yes, Minkah should help, a lot...at least in terms of talent level in your DB. Not sure it will help the overall team.

• Upvote 1

And you are going to fuck everyone of Zombo's  assistants all in the same night.

Aerosmith had a song for you:  Dream on.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No he hasn't.  He has been mediocre...not nearly as good as he was here for years.  He only seemed great to you because a mediocre or below DB looks good compared to the crap you had back there.   And yes, Minkah should help, a lot...at least in terms of talent level in your DB. Not sure it will help the overall team.

Butler and Tomlin blow as coaches go. They make all their talent worse. 

5 hours ago, nickers said:

As I said in another thread... This is the same tool that said Greedy Williams sucks.. In the meantime Greedy is starting in the NFL ..

I never said greedy sucks. I said he's a man corner being plugged into a heavy zone scheme and that he was a head case in college. True on both fronts.

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

And Artie Burns is doing what? Should not even made the team this year. He sucks balls. So much for 1st round picks in Pitt. 

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

So you are the new board dip shit? Burns is our 5th corner. Edmunds has had flashes and he's young. Dupree was drafted for his athleticism, he hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad. Fitzpatrick is a beast, watt us a beast, Bush will be a beast. Nelson has been lights out, haden has been great. Mark barron has been solid. Keep talking out of your ass tho. 

35 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I never said greedy sucks. I said he's a man corner being plugged into a heavy zone scheme and that he was a head case in college. True on both fronts.

Yes you did ass fuck..

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

So you are the new board dip shit? Burns is our 5th corner. Edmunds has had flashes and he's young. Dupree was drafted for his athleticism, he hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad. Fitzpatrick is a beast, watt us a beast, Bush will be a beast. Nelson has been lights out, haden has been great. Mark barron has been solid. Keep talking out of your ass tho. 

It's "Thougfh".. Not Tho you hypocrit!

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Right, because the Steelers don't fire coaches. 

30 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I seem to recall after we drafted him (Greedy) you thought that was a hoot.  And please take the homer glasses off. Haden is a shadow of his former pro bowl self. Take this one to the bank- Joe would maybe be our #3 cb- probably #4.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I seem to recall after we drafted him (Greedy) you thought that was a hoot.  And please take the homer glasses off. Haden is a shadow of his former pro bowl self. Take this one to the bank- Joe would maybe be our #3 cb- probably #4.  

As said to nickers find it. He was the best man corner in the draft, drafted into a zone scheme and he's a headcase. I never said he sucks, I did say he fell for a reason. He was a total head case in college.

17 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Find it. "Ass fuck"

Otherwise you are full of shit and Gaslighting.

Gaslight this... (  !  )  And stand in front of it!!...

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Ummmmmm, OK, there. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's not as bad as trading for Gilbert. Joe has been solid for Pitt but just that. 

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:
  1. Burns is our 5th corner.
  2. Edmunds has had flashes and he's young.
  3. Dupree was drafted for his athleticism, he hasn't been great but he hasn't been bad.
  4. Fitzpatrick is a beast,
  5. watt us a beast,
  6. Bush will be a beast.
  7. Nelson has been lights out,
  8. haden has been great.
  9. Mark barron has been solid.
  1. 78.9... NR...
  2.  59.7... #47 S
  3.  66.1... #47 LB
  4.  51.5... #59 S
  5.  89.8... #2 LB
  6.  51.0... #56 LB.... small sample size
  7.  82.6... #2 CB
  8.  49.8... #82 CB!!! ... but yes, Haden was once great... when he was a Brown.
  9. 61.3... #33 LB

PFF says you nailed 2 of 9...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yes, you did.  You said that he would refuse to tackle.  Further, you have no clue about how good a player may be in a particular scheme. Maybe in college he was very good at man to man....that does not mean that he could not excel in the zone.  YOU presumed he wouldn't be any good simply because you wanted him to be no good. 

11 hours ago, Vagitron said:

As said to nickers find it. He was the best man corner in the draft, drafted into a zone scheme and he's a headcase. I never said he sucks, I did say he fell for a reason. He was a total head case in college.

Prove that he was a head case.   Again, the ONLY criticism of him which may have caused him to drop in the draft was that maybe he was a bit shy at tackling....but then half the CBs in the HOF were accused of that, including Deion.

And so far, he has proven quite the opposite through the preseason and first couple of games.

• Upvote 1