THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'd be shocked if the Browns destroy the 49'ers 

This should be a classic chest match showing why Steve Wilks earned his position as being a great defensive back coach most his career.. Our secondary & LB's will need their best effort of the early season..Our front 4 will need to set the early tone just as last week..and on the road in Redzone? Score TD's... not FG's..     

this is EXCELLENT stuff ! if the Browns' defense stops the niners, they will stop the Patriots, I think !

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

They know it. They still purposely want to employ those wrong numbers.

Here’s some numbers I’ve heard of. In the 80s the Browns had more overall wins than the frisco team did. Maybe regular season maybe post season too. But we were supposed to have won more games that decade than any other team.  You know anything about that?

I watched all of our game highlights and there's one very common thread:  We don't throw the ball into the end zone and our red zone passing plays all look the same, and they don't work. Losing Njoku turned out to be a killer, but there's a chance Seals-Jones can do SOME of Njoku's load. We threw a sideline fade to Seals on 3rd and 5 and he made the catch, so don't be surprised to see us line up Seals outside and attempt an end zone fade. Passing the ball into the end zone is extremely important because teams like the 49's don't allow many rushing yards. We simply HAVE to find passing plays that net TDs. 

I think I counted 5 different plays where Baker didn't find an open target, immediately rolled right, and essentially threw the ball away while in the red zone. Sometimes nobody was open, other times Baker missed open guys (ahem, Rams game). When I watch our highlights, the most startling aspect of our offense is Baker not throwing touchdowns. It's really bizarre, and it's something we have to fix if we're truly going to make noise this year. 

Other than that, we appear to be on the right track. Unfortunately, the 49's defense will resemble the Rams' defense, and that means the rush yards will be at a minimum, and Baker won't have time to throw. Like all QBs, Baker doesn't do as well against the pressure, so we'll have to figure out ways to get our playmakers the ball in space. You might see that obnoxious horizontal screen pass that never works multiple times, perhaps a Chubb direct snap WildDawg formation, the Chubb screen we always see, and a bunch of short passes designed to beat pressure and find holes in the zone. 

Make no mistake, 49's are going to score points. This game comes down to the offense and their ability to sustain drives AND finish with 7. We haven't seen our vertical passing game, so perhaps we can block well enough for those long routes to develop. This team is likely the best we've seen all year and they're rested and ready. Let's go Baker, we could really use a 3 TD day with no picks. 

• Upvote 1

I think in the Rams game, the oline wasn't ready to roll, and Baker lost confidence in relying on the pocket being there most of the time.

It did affect his play....

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, we should just allow the lies and untruths go unchallenged?   How very Trumpian of you.

The NFL does not acknowledge the AAFC. 

It sucks, but move the fuck on. The AAFC played their last game almost 70 years to this day. It isn't going to change. We Browns fans know that the Browns won all four AAFC Championships, and that we won four NFL titles - that the NFL barely acknowledges either because they came before the Super Bowl. 

The Browns all-time NFL record vs the 49ers is 12-7. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Here’s some numbers I’ve heard of. In the 80s the Browns had more overall wins than the frisco team did. Maybe regular season maybe post season too. But we were supposed to have won more games that decade than any other team.  You know anything about that?

I do not know those specific numbers. I would have to go back and count what each team won in that decade   Off the top of my head I would sort of doubt it considering the 49ers played in 4 Super Bowls that decade.

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The NFL does not acknowledge the AAFC. 

It sucks, but move the fuck on. The AAFC played their last game almost 70 years to this day. It isn't going to change. We Browns fans know that the Browns won all four AAFC Championships, and that we won four NFL titles - that the NFL barely acknowledges either because they came before the Super Bowl. 

The Browns all-time NFL record vs the 49ers is 12-7. 

No it isn’t and fuck you if you want to deny history. what do you think that the confederacy won the World Series?

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No it isn’t and fuck you if you want to deny history. what do you think that the confederacy won the World Series?

Nothing is more humorous than a grown-ass adult throwing a temper tantrum when they do not get their way.

But hey, you made that pansy calfox laugh, so there's that, I suppose. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nothing is more humorous than a grown-ass adult throwing a temper tantrum when they do not get their way.

You were the one having a temper tantrum. And.I suppose you thought that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

You were the one having a temper tantrum. And.I suppose you thought that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor 

Hey Retard, the Browns have played the 49ers 19 times in the NFL.

The Browns have won 12 times, the 49ers have won 7 times. 

You were wrong, move on. You also owe flyingfooldoug an apology along with mine. 

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The class clown JD.  But maybe that's just me.......or maybe not.   :lol:

54 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I do not know those specific numbers. I would have to go back and count what each team won in that decade   Off the top of my head I would sort of doubt it considering the 49ers played in 4 Super Bowls that decade.

That’s what made it stick in my mind. They were called the team of the decade yet we had more overall victories. Could be just regular season but we did have some pretty consistent teams and went deep in the playoffs somewhat routinely 

From the NFL HOF...... (oh Pitt was never a team of the decade)

1920s
Franchise Yrs. W L T Pct.
Decatur /Chicago Staleys/Bears 10 84 31 19 .730
New York Giants 5 44 17 5 .721
Frankford Yellow Jackets 6 65 26 13 .714
Green Bay Packers 9 61 25 13 .709
Canton Bulldogs 6 38 19 11 .667

1930s
Chicago Bears 10 85 28 11 .752
Green Bay Packers 10 86 35 4 .711
New York Giants 10 80 39 8 .672
Detroit Lions 10 73 39 9 .652
Boston/Was. Redskins 8 46 36 8 .561

1940s
Chicago Bears 10 81 26 3 .757
Washington Redskins 10 65 41 4 .613
Green Bay Packers 10 62 44 4 .585
Philadelphia Eagles 9 53 43 4 .552
New York Giants 10 55 47 8 .539

1950s
Cleveland Browns 10 88 30 2 .746
New York Giants 10 76 41 3 .650
Chicago Bears 10 70 48 2 .593
Detroit Lions 10 68  48 4 .586
Los Angeles Rams 10 68 49  3 .581

1960s
Green Bay Packers 10 96 37 5 .722
Cleveland Browns 10 92 41 5 .692
Baltimore Colts 10 92 42 4 .687
Kansas City Chiefs 10 87 48 5 .644
San Diego Chargers 10 86 48 6 .642

1970s
Dallas Cowboys 10 105 39 0 .729
Miami Dolphins 10 104 39 1 .727
Oakland Raiders 10 100 38 6 .721
Los Angeles Rams 10 98 42 4 .697
Minnesota Vikings 10 99 43 2 .694

1980s
San Francisco 49ers 10 104 47 1 .688
Washington Redskins 10 97 55 0 .638
Miami Dolphins 10 94 57 1 .622
Denver Broncos 10 93 58 1 .615
Chicago Bears 10 92 60 0 .605

1990s
San Francisco 49ers 10 113 47 0 .706
Buffalo Bills 10 103 57 0 .644
Kansas City Chiefs 10 102 58 0 .638
Dallas Cowboys 10 101 59 0 .631
Jacksonville Jaguars 5 49 31 0 .613

2000s
Indianapolis Colts 10 115 45 0 .719
New England Patriots 10 112 48 0 .700
Philadelphia Eagles 10 103 56 1 .647
Pittsburgh Steelers 10 103 56 1 .647
Green Bay Packers 10 95 65 0 .594

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You were wrong, move on. You also owe flyingfooldoug an apology along with mine. 

The browns and 49ers they played 29 times Browns won 18 in the regular season to nine losses. the Browns won one postseason game those are the facts that’s the history. Can’t change history unless you think the Nazis won World War II

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh sorry I missed this I do apologize for you being an ass hat. It is a sorrowful situation

On 10/4/2019 at 4:27 PM, The Gipper said:

Well...per PFR, that is wrong.   Maybe whatever source you were looking at does not include AAFC years......so fuck whatever source that is.  It would be an invalid source if only included since 1950 included.

Yes, only the Browns records since 1950 are counted in the statistics. That's what the HOF the official record keeper says. So the NFL commish  decided to not count years previous than that. All your bitching isn't going to change it one iota. 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:17 PM, The Gipper said:

Actually, no.  Not if you know why they were done that way.....in fact they were perfectly invalid reasons.  The sole basis of excluding those records was based on spite, jealousy and resentment. 

Just what, exactly do YOU believe were these so called valid reasons?

Because the NFL said so, not some guy who is still butt hurt that they weren't counted. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They know it. They still purposely want to employ those wrong numbers.

Again Gip- let it go- no one but you is counting those AAFC records. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Yes, only the Browns records since 1950 are counted in the statistics. That's what the HOF the official record keeper says. So the NFL commish  decided to not count years previous than that. All your bitching isn't going to change it one iota. 

Because the NFL said so, not some guy who is still butt hurt that they weren't counted. 

Actually everyone counts them except for the NFL.com look at any source at all. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The browns and 49ers they played 29 times Browns won 18 in the regular season to nine losses. the Browns won one postseason game those are the facts that’s the history. Can’t change history unless you think the Nazis won World War II

And how many of those records aren't counted in the history of the NFL? Because those stats are pre 1950.  IIRC some professional games were played before the founding of what was to become the NFL- I suppose by your logic those should be counted too.  

Actually everyone counts them except for the NFL.com look at any source at all. 

And NFL is the only one that really matters Gipper.  Stop arguing over something that happened 70 years ago. Please.... 

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm a big BROWNS fan born in 1950 and I never count the long defunct AAFC anything along with the AAFL, XFL, UFL, AFL and many others.

Just now, hoorta said:

And how many of those records aren't counted in the history of the NFL? Because those stats are pre 1950.  IIRC some professional games were played before the founding of what was to become the NFL- I suppose by your logic those should be counted too.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/

https://www.profootballhof.com/teams/cleveland-browns/team-facts/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_seasons

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And NFL is the only one that really matters Gipper.  Stop arguing over something that happened 70 years ago. Please.... 

Yes...stop arguing.  Stop denying facts, truth, history.  Stop being Steeler fan-ish.

If you want to deny facts/history....then you should not be asking people to deny the truth.

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm a big BROWNS fan born in 1950 and I never count the long defunct AAFC anything along with the AAFL, XFL, UFL, AFL and many others.

So....you both seem to be saying:   The Cleveland Browns did not exist.   But they did, they do. 

I mean, that is like saying that  there really were NO Presidents of the United States before there were actually 50 states.  Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln....they all never really existed.

Yes...stop arguing.  Stop denying facts, truth, history.  Stop being Steeler fan-ish.

If you want to deny facts/history....then you should not be asking people to deny the truth.

FACT: the AAFC is not or ever was part of the NFL.

EOM.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again- you're the only one who wants to argue this SEMANTIC crap- SO JUST STOP!!!! 

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

FACT: the AAFC is not or ever was part of the NFL.

EOM.

Actually, they merged with the NFL....just like the AFL did.  4 teams came over, but both the original Baltimore Colts, and the "New York Yanks" ended up folding later.

NFL Standings

• * - division winner, + - wild card
  •  
  • Share & more
    • Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
Tm W L W-L% PF PA PD MoV SoS SRS OSRS DSRS
American
Cleveland Browns* 10 2 .833 310 144 166 13.8 1.7 15.6 5.8 9.7
New York Giants* 10 2 .833 268 150 118 9.8 2.7 12.6 1.4 11.2
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 6 .500 180 195 -15 -1.3 4.5 3.2 -4.8 8.0
Philadelphia Eagles 6 6 .500 254 141 113 9.4 3.6 13.0 0.3 12.8
Chicago Cardinals 5 7 .417 233 287 -54 -4.5 5.7 1.2 2.9 -1.7
Washington Redskins 3 9 .250 232 326 -94 -7.8 2.8 -5.0 -0.1 -4.8
National
Los Angeles Rams* 9 3 .750 466 309 157 13.1 -5.3 7.8 13.3 -5.5
Chicago Bears* 9 3 .750 279 207 72 6.0 -3.7 2.3 -4.5 6.8
New York Yanks 7 5 .583 366 367 -1 -0.1 -3.5 -3.6 5.4 -8.9
Detroit Lions 6 6 .500 321 285 36 3.0 -4.6 -1.6 0.1 -1.7
Green Bay Packers 3 9 .250 244 406 -162 -13.5 -2.8 -16.3 -5.9 -10.4
San Francisco 49ers 3 9 .250 213 300 -87 -7.3 -2.2 -9.5 -8.9 -0.6
Baltimore Colts 1 11 .083 213 462 -249 -20.8 1.0 -19.7 -4.9 -14.8

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Again- you're the only one who wants to argue this SEMANTIC crap- SO JUST STOP!!!! 

One of the tell-tale signs of dementia is irritability.... 

Gip has been acting like he has sand in his vagina for quite a while.