THE BROWNS BOARD

OK SERIOUSLY

hoorta

Yes, we shoulda, coulda won today- but we're close guys. You can stop believing when we're 2-6.   Bad opener against the Titans- but played the Rams and Seahawks close, and except for a few plays (usually the margin of winning and losing in the NFL) against the very good Rams and Seahawks- I say we're there, and totally capable of hanging with- if not beating any team in the NFL. . 

The 49ers and 'Hawks had long weeks to prepare. WE get the long week against the Patriots- don't think we can't beat 'em? The Giants (minus Saquon Barkley) had them on the ropes until they started turning the ball over. People bitching about the lousy secondary are forgetting Ward and Williams have missed weeks, and we've still been competitive. This year, we've been experts at shooting ourselves in the foot at the worst possible times.  

And FWIW, the Ravens won just about their last (for all intents and purposes) bye game beating up on the hapless Bungles. OK, they're up by two games, but they play the same Seahawks and Patriots next.  It's not over yet folks. 

So welcome to the pain of being a competitive team- for a change. Or would you rather be in the Dolphins and Bengals shoes and start talking about the 2020 draft with 10 games left to play?  

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

The Browns after the Sunday Night game vs the Patriots will be 2-5, unless they pull a win out of their collective asses. 

2-5 is not "being a competitive team". 

2-5 is what we all are sick of watching. 2-5 is what the Browns pretty much have been year in and year out since they've returned in 1999. 

We thought those days were over. Silly us. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

2-5 is not "being a competitive team". 

We were  competitive today.  But we didn't make enough plays to win.

Next we have the Patriots and will get to the 2-5 mark being mentioned.  After that, our season starts.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes, we shoulda, coulda won today- but we're close guys. You can stop believing when we're 2-6.   Bad opener against the Titans- but played the Rams and Seahawks close, and except for a few plays (usually the margin of winning and losing in the NFL) against the very good Rams and Seahawks- I say we're there, and totally capable of hanging with- if not beating any team in the NFL. . 

The 49ers and 'Hawks had long weeks to prepare. WE get the long week against the Patriots- don't think we can't beat 'em? The Giants (minus Saquon Barkley) had them on the ropes until they started turning the ball over. People bitching about the lousy secondary are forgetting Ward and Williams have missed weeks, and we've still been competitive. This year, we've been experts at shooting ourselves in the foot at the worst possible times.  

And FWIW, the Ravens won just about their last (for all intents and purposes) bye game beating up on the hapless Bungles. OK, they're up by two games, but they play the same Seahawks and Patriots next.  It's not over yet folks. 

So welcome to the pain of being a competitive team- for a change. Or would you rather be in the Dolphins and Bengals shoes and start talking about the 2020 draft with 10 games left to play?  

seen this before...same statements.....ooooooo....we came so close but no cigar.....only to see those coaching staffs get fired in the long run....hey....when i see some real coaching....real tackling....etc...then i am with you because all that stuff you posted her...we have all seen it before...we lost 3 home games already...that should never ever happen....particularly the way we ended the season last yr....to this point, it is the same ol same ol same ol....better hope odell does not start his ranting and raving because he is capable of bringing down a team...question is...how much longer can odell take all the losing....

I was proud of our Browns.

However, saving the hawks precious time at the half was a mistake I'm sure they won't repeat, as well as, Baker's

very poor choice - throwing into the end zone vs tight coverage, deflection and INT.

not running down the clock to give the hawks far less time to eak out a TD before halftime.

Outside of that, I believe the playcalling was brilliant.

Huge, huge turnaround for the hawks.

Instead of at least a field goal to pad our big lead...

disaster.

The refs were also a disaster. That "blindside block" was totally bogus, called on Landry.

The roughing on Ogunjobi was iffy, imho. The fake "horse collar"...

he grabbed him by the jersey at the back of his shoulder, nowhere near ...

whatever. I don't know that rule, but it certainly has changed.

The Browns lost their momentum, the defense got tired, and still, they could have won without

Ward, Greedy, and after having lost Kush to injury. But Lamm came in, and had a penalty. big whoopee.

crap. I do believe they will beat the Patriots now. I may up my bet to our good friend's daughter ("adopted neice"), to five buck.

lol

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, browns52 said:

seen this before...same statements.....ooooooo....we came so close but no cigar.....only to see those coaching staffs get fired in the long run....hey....when i see some real coaching....real tackling????....etc...then i am with you because all that stuff you posted her...we have all seen it before...we lost 3 home games already...that should never ever happen....particularly the way we ended the season last yr....to this point, it is the same ol same ol same ol....better hope odell does not start his ranting and raving because he is capable of bringing down a team...question is...how much longer can odell take all the losing....

I understand the need to gel & I have patience in that regard, but this fuckin' "body block" tackling (oops, ATTEMPT to tackle) is BULLSHIT!! I am so sick of seeing opponents bounce off our half-assed attempts at tackling. Send these guys to a local high school where they may still teach REAL TACKLING! Wrap 'em up & put 'em on the ground.

Mike

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, browns52 said:

seen this before...same statements.....ooooooo....we came so close but no cigar.....only to see those coaching staffs get fired in the long run....hey....when i see some real coaching....real tackling....etc...then i am with you because all that stuff you posted her...we have all seen it before...we lost 3 home games already...that should never ever happen....particularly the way we ended the season last yr....to this point, it is the same ol same ol same ol....better hope odell does not start his ranting and raving because he is capable of bringing down a team...question is...how much longer can odell take all the losing....

then get off the train-  I'd suggest Cleveland.com where you'll have lots of company bashing the team. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Glad to see "moral victories" still have a place on this board.

Here I thought the Browns were supposed to be an AFC contender for the Super Bowl. 

Paper and hype win you nothing. The media is as quick to criticize as praise.  Or did you happen to notice the team in the #2 position as favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl  (that would be the Chiefs) just lost their second game at home?  And trust me, I've been to Arrowhead a couple of times, and the crowd noise there makes First Energy sound like you were just at church. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's a good thing the browns dont turn the ball over. 

• Haha 1

Where's PoG when we need him........... He can make a homeowner think a coat of paint is all that's needed even when the ashes are still smoldering. 

Losers sit around and complain about the refs. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen 😏

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

However, saving the hawks precious time at the half was a mistake

Freddie had he team running an up tempo drive.  I'm guessing that he did not want to break that momentum....even if it meant scoring and leaving Seattle some time.

Just now, Orion said:

Freddie had he team running an up tempo drive.  I'm guessing that he did not want to break that momentum....even if it meant scoring and leaving Seattle some time.

It simply wasn't the right game day strategy no matter what Freddie's thought process was. 

52 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Where's PoG when we need him........... He can make a homeowner think a coat of paint is all that's needed even when the ashes are still smoldering. 

Losers sit around and complain about the refs. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen 😏

Sometimes the reason the “winner” is fucking the prom queen IS the refs. 

6 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I give this team til next year to get to the playoffs..

After that, no more rooting for them. The mediocrity has gone on long enough.

...I think the Patriots would be a good team for you to root for.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

then get off the train-  I'd suggest Cleveland.com where you'll have lots of company bashing the team. 

train? H, this dude'ette has been missing his MeN'strual cycle hand safety rails for 3 years on here now..Won't post of win, than tosses out his open Pamprin bottles when we lose..so please quit attaching his post...I'd suggest 52 becoming a Chargers fan.. he'd sell his tickets too... Seriously folks, we've been through more Sundays worse than this one... and were not alone, from what these nfl tv ratings say  https://sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/   thirty six players are new to this roster..And if were looking for a blame? Haslam's countless nonsense of blundering ideas season after season would be topping it... personally, i can't make any sense of blaming a squad that have been teammates for less than a year in this business..And can certainly play like it. And Coach like it. on Gamedays... Feels like a good time for Us against the World to get to a Bye week..and for myself, to get some camping fresh cool air away from football.. GuMbY OuT 🎤

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I give this team til next year to get to the playoffs..

After that, no more rooting for them. The mediocrity has gone on long enough.

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

train? H, this dude'ette has been missing his MeN'strual cycle hand safety rails for 3 years on here now..Won't post of win, than tosses out his open Pamprin bottles when we lose..and please quit attaching his post...I'd suggest 52 becoming a Chargers fan.. he'd sell his tickets too... Seriously folks, we've been through more Sundays worse than this one... and were not alone, from what these nfl tv ratings say  https://sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/   thirty six players are new to this roster..And if were looking for a blame? Haslam's countless nonsense of blundering ideas season after season would be topping it... personally, i can't make any sense of blaming a squad that have been teammates for less than a year in this business..And can certainly play like it. And Coach like it. on Gamedays... Feels like a good time for Us against the World to get to a Bye week..and for myself, to get some camping fresh cool air away from football.. GuMbY OuT 🎤

I was over it around 5 minutes after the game ended...  What is it about some Browns fans? We could win the freaking Super Bowl and these guys are going to be bellyaching "we could have beat them worse". Note my post in the Food thread.....  

• Upvote 2

the way some hard core negative nellies sound, you'd think they just watched the hapless chargers

in their disaster tonight vs the squealers.

it was pitiful. just pitiful. The Browns played proud today...

they were winning the entire first half nicely....

the chargers were humiliated, and it was done to themselves.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the way some hard core negative nellies sound, you'd think they just watched the hapless chargers

in their disaster tonight vs the squealers.

it was pitiful. just pitiful. The Browns played proud today...

they were winning the entire first half nicely....

the chargers were humiliated, and it was done to themselves.

The bad part of that Cal is doubtless Vagitroll is gonna show up shortly spouting the greatness of the Squealers...   (that we're now tied with) 

Yeah, I watched almost all of it- and the Chargers spotted Pittsburgh 14 points right off the bat- doesn't mean they would have won. They (the Chargers) are the most pathetic team in the NFL right now with zero fan base.... They should be ashamed letting the Steelers So Cal contingent turn it into a home game for the away team...  

I can sum up this team quite easily. Nobody thought we had what it took to win the game down 4 with 3 minutes to go. Everybody was right. 

Nobody expected our defense to make a stop at the end to force a FG attempt and give our offense another try. Everybody was again correct. 

This team doesn't make plays when it has to, it routinely gives the ball away, and they can't score in the red zone. Did I mention they can't win at home? I'm sorry man, this season is over. It is what it is. I mean, come on...what evidence does anyone have that we'll beat any of the bad teams on our schedule? Do I think we'll win more games? Yeah, a few, but this collection of soft pansies doesn't have what it takes to reel off a winning streak of any consequence. Face it, we're not good and that's OK! Not every team can be good. 

I'll be the first one to root for the team each week, and I'll be the first one to say that I am wrong if something changes, but until then, I can't pretend that we have a shot at ANYTHING resembling the post season just because our schedule gets easier. Some of those bad teams are going to wax our pathetic asses, and we sure know that our boys aren't going to win many (read ANY) games they're not supposed to win. Hope I'm wrong, but hope in one hand, shit in the other...see which one fills up quicker. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I can sum up this team quite easily. Nobody thought we had what it took to win the game down 4 with 3 minutes to go. Everybody was right. 

Nobody expected our defense to make a stop at the end to force a FG attempt and give our offense another try. Everybody was again correct. 

This team doesn't make plays when it has to, it routinely gives the ball away, and they can't score in the red zone. Did I mention they can't win at home? I'm sorry man, this season is over. It is what it is. I mean, come on...what evidence does anyone have that we'll beat any of the bad teams on our schedule? Do I think we'll win more games? Yeah, a few, but this collection of soft pansies doesn't have what it takes to reel off a winning streak of any consequence. Face it, we're not good and that's OK! Not every team can be good. 

I'll be the first one to root for the team each week, and I'll be the first one to say that I am wrong if something changes, but until then, I can't pretend that we have a shot at ANYTHING resembling the post season just because our schedule gets easier. Some of those bad teams are going to wax our pathetic asses, and we sure know that our boys aren't going to win many (read ANY) games they're not supposed to win. Hope I'm wrong, but hope in one hand, shit in the other...see which one fills up quicker. 

Um, this nobody sure as hell thought there was a chance- in fact a very good chance to win. down 4,  three minutes left and two  TOs. Obviously- you're following the wrong team. I'd suggest you and Browns52 start rooting for the Patriots, 49ers and Saints. 

We beat the Jets and the Ravens- and if you think the Ravens are any better than the Browns at this point you're full of it. The the Ravens four wins are against teams that are a collective 4-15-1. They've yet to beat a team with a winning record. As I said- they still have to play any of the teams the Browns lost to.  Care to bet me they're at 4-4 after they get clocked by the next two teams on their schedule- the same Seahawks and Patriots?  If you think our major competition is a team that got two wins against the o-fer Bengals and Dolphins who are in the running for the #1 pick in the draft- think again. Personally- I'd be more worried about the Steelers suddenly showing some signs of life. 

Gosh- go out and play golf  and stop the whining. We had the Seahawks on the ropes, ditto the Rams- all it's going to take is minimizing the mistakes. You want to bitch? Or forgot  0-16 already? Follow the crap Dolphins and Bengals then.   

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't think you see the big picture here. The Browns have more than enough talent, with the exception of the o line, which is pretty damn important. Baker is not a bust. Anyone who watches the games closely can see how good he is, and will be if the HC ever gets his head out of his ass. We have major problems that keep us from winning against really good teams. Obviously Kitchens is in way over his head, and it's killing us. I will never understand why he is the HC. Greg Williams had the personality to motivate this team, but I understand why Dorsey didn't want to deal with his abrasive style. The o line is really bad, and that makes it impossible to come back when we are behind in a game. The other thing is the officiating. I know....good teams overcome bad calls. Yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen it. It seriously make me consider why some of these refs take every opportunity to screw us. They call P.I. that clearly is nowhere to be seen, and Kitchens is too busy doing whatever, to even notice it, so he doesn't challenge. Some of these refs have a personal agenda to keep the Browns from winning, or at least make it damn difficult. We can overcome that, once we execute properly. These players are not happy with the situation, and the frustration shows. They will come out and beat New England after the bye, and I still see a 9 or 10 win season. 

56 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

They will come out and beat New England after the bye, and I still see a 9 or 10 win season. 

You are in for a rude awakening. I have the NE D on my FFL and they rarely even have a TD scored on them. They will beat up our OL and take their lunch money.🤕

Yeah, we'll beat the best team in the league at their house. Right after we learn to actually catch the ball, not turn it over in the red zone, not fumble, and learn how to tackle. These teams like Seattle and New England are GOOD teams. They've been good for a long time, and they expect to be great. They don't beat themselves and they don't complain about the refs after the game. 

Can we win? Yeah, we COULD, but you'd be a fool to expect it. We're 2-4 for Christ's sake. Our QB leads the free world in interceptions. We're playing the best defense in the league. Draw your own conclusions. 

• Upvote 1